[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

"
Vinidcator wrote:

Its not instant. Seemed to take around 3-4 secs to charge up with the leech rate. So its nice to have clearing trash, but it wont be up 100% for bosses if you just took a big hit.

I would favor a 50+ int Spite Leather Belt as of now.

Happy WI is saved.

Why Doedre's instead of Perandus?
"
buffet1 wrote:
Why would we need to drop Avatar of Fire with Volkuur's Guidance (Lightning). It does't convert our damage, it just adds flat lighting to WI. So we still have 100% conversion from cold to fire and then on top of that Volkuur's Guidance adds flat lighting with 20% chance to poison.

For me the items is really just boosting my Perandus signet while providing a large enough sum of lighting resist and health, the rest is just bonus.

Avatar of Fire says "deal no non-fire damage" and poison is chaos damage.
OK, I'm back in town and started playing. Made a cheap farmer char just capable of killing trash in Act 9 for the chaos recipe. Farmed 50c in a few hr, found a jewel that was worth 35c for some other build, and found an exalt. Yay! Now my actual WIzerker is on his way up. Just finished the storyline and the first 3 labs, made a first movie. Answers to questions in this thread, while the movie is uploading:

"
Frenchornsdad wrote:
Why Shaper with Vaal Pact?

Because it's 40% mana regen and it's in the path.

"
BioGlitch37 wrote:
I'm fairly new to the game and have a question:
I'm lvl 33 and have huge problems with the normal lab. Have you guys some helpful tips how i could beat him? I have linked my sunder with faster attacks and i'm using arctic armor and herald of ash. my gear is mostly around lvl 25 - 30. I have a mace in the main hand and a claw in the off hand.

Normal Izaro is very easy.
3L: Sunder - Added Fire Dmg - Melee Phys Dmg. Add Ruthless for 4L.
3L: Ancestral Warchief - Added Fire Dmg - Melee Phys Dmg
Auras: Herald of Ash + Hatred
You don't even need to do anything but pop the Warchief near him and keep hitting him with Sunder. He can't do any serious damage to you as long as you are using Armor + Life gear. I use 2 mana flasks and 2 life flasks (and a Quicksilver).

"
Drunkprince wrote:
can you run this build as Scion?

I don't know about any other class yet. You sure can use any class, but the question is how far you can get. Berserker has the best leech, and that's enough for everything. Other classes don't have that awesome leech.

"
poe2nd wrote:
where the heck do you get CwC nowaday? Killed Malachai and no quest regard nor can I buy it in the library...

If you did the Library quest, Siosa sells it after you kill Kaom+Daresso and you are lv 38+. Check again.

"
HanibAAAl wrote:
Can someone tell me why Scorching Ray needs to be at level 1?

Because it costs 5 mana at lv 1. We need all possible mana for MoM. You can almost always leech or regen 5 mana in less than 0.35s (the time between SR procs). If you use high lv SR you risk running out of mana when taking constant damage, and then you stop channelling and die.

Mana leech is NOT INSTANT.

"
gruumine wrote:
which Golem???

Flame. But it's optional, a small bonus. If you don't have Kaoms, you can afford it. But with Kaoms the sockets are better used for other things.

"
Eif wrote:
Looks like you don't take Unwawering Stance anymore. How do you deal with stuns?

The Brine King + a non-trivial amount of Life.

"
Kelemn wrote:
Do we use Kaom or rare chest piece now ?

Sure, if you can afford it. The only place I really needed more life on Beta was the Shaper, although in T15-16 having that extra life was very helpful too. I never got to try Belly of the Beast and never found the new T1 life mods on good gear either. It should be all easier here than on Beta, but I'm sure that extra life won't hurt.

"
Yuzlol wrote:
Just in case i missed it...
How do we deal with reflect?

Yugul +

"
gruumine wrote:
why don't we ditch Scorching Ray - Cast While Channelling
and use self casting with echo spell and stuff like that?

You'll run out of mana while facetanking something that does constant damage and die. Self-cast can only be good without MoM, but that's sacrificing a lot of viability for no real gain. You lose the SR 24% fire pen debuff too.

"
Graiaule wrote:
Unexpected downside is no one is crafting saintly chainmail or astral plate with int and life, so you have to do that yourself.

Don't bother with that. If you have enough currency for that, just buy Kaom's.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 9, 2017, 4:17:27 AM
hi Kelvynn

wow then you had much luck :-) I found nothing really worth anything. And i had many Problems with the res after act 4. So perhaps you write this in the guide, that without good res act 5 and further will be a pain.

But one thing makes me really trubble. Chaos Bosses. I died 10 times to the spider boss.

but the rest is from easy to makable. Did cruel itzaro just with 3 keys and found 2 keys in boxes. Thats works really good now with the build.

i need as all time astramentis and dont know how to get the currency for it. It grows in price faster then i can farm. But i like the build verry much and hope it will work in maps also well.

thanks for making this thread.
And how farm you act 4 for chaos ?

Perhaps a mistake in writing?
New video: Steamrolling lv 39-67

I leveled to 39 with Sunder and did the Normal lab with it too. Switched to WI at lv 39 (because CwC is lv 38 and Icetomb is lv 39), just before Malachai. Here's how it went down.

The same items posted at lv 39 were used for everything. The build scales really well from just leveling the gems and grabbing tree nodes.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 9, 2017, 4:44:20 AM
If the only purpose of using Vigilant strike is to get fortify buff, wouldn't it be easier to just link fortify gem to leap slam?
Free Atziri Service - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1458846
"
hi Kelvynn

wow then you had much luck :-) I found nothing really worth anything. And i had many Problems with the res after act 4. So perhaps you write this in the guide, that without good res act 5 and further will be a pain.

But one thing makes me really trubble. Chaos Bosses. I died 10 times to the spider boss.

but the rest is from easy to makable. Did cruel itzaro just with 3 keys and found 2 keys in boxes. Thats works really good now with the build.

i need as all time astramentis and dont know how to get the currency for it. It grows in price faster then i can farm. But i like the build verry much and hope it will work in maps also well.

thanks for making this thread.

Just use a amulet +50int for now, it's just 1alche - 1c with some resit.
You can cap resit pretty easy with passive tree and few rare item. A ring with 30+ int, 40+ resit just priced 1 alchemy. And you can use purify of element too.
@Kelvynn: how do you deal with chao damage?
"
And how farm you act 4 for chaos ?

Perhaps a mistake in writing?

I meant Act 9. Fixed. Thanks.

"
Honker wrote:
"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:
"
Honker wrote:
What do you think about new belt Soul Tether?

I don't know how can we use this :D

Additional damage mitigation with energy shield, may be use Discipline for bigger ES.

ES leech cannot be instant anymore. Life leech applies to it BUT NOT INSTANTLY. VP does not work for ES anymore. Non-instant leech sucks and will never keep up with any serious damage.

"
Vinidcator wrote:
One very minor thing I've done is throw Flame Dash in over leap slam, its fits nicely with the Orb + Blind + Arcane Surge links. While the cooldown is annoying for persistent uses, surge is nice to have up more frequently and that's why we have adrenaline flasks.

Good idea. I'm planning to check out Charged Dash too.

"
Kezz123 wrote:
4L what do I use? Fire pen or Concentrated effect? I have cold to fire scorching ray and cwc as other 3.

Either one is fine. The difference is very small at those levels. By the time you get to the maps you should have 5S and both gems in.

"
gruumine wrote:
loving the fact that items for this build are cheap now :D

Totally! Even Astramentis is much cheaper in this league than it has even been since Perandus. And everything else is dirt cheap. Tons of 18% WI for 1 alc. 15% Black Suns for 1c. Semi-decent gloves and boots for 3-5c. You can clear T16 on a 1ex budget, maybe with some deaths, as long as you level your own gems.

"
Le_Sanzo wrote:
If the only purpose of using Vigilant strike is to get fortify buff, wouldn't it be easier to just link fortify gem to leap slam?

Fortify duration:
- with Fortify Support: 5 sec
- with VS: 12 sec.

"
So perhaps you write this in the guide, that without good res act 5 and further will be a pain.

Simply add 1 or 2 Purity auras after Act 5 for a few levels. You aren't using MoM yet, all mana is at your disposal. And then you get more resistance nodes. I'll mention it in the guide.

Chaos bosses aren't too hard once you learn the encounters. Arakaali is in the video. I should have just stayed in her face too, wasn't sure if I could tank her lasers at first.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 9, 2017, 5:11:39 AM
Hi at all

thanks for the answers. I had made a big mistake :-( i should do cruel lab much earlyer. With savage i dont die anymore. its such a big advantage.
i tried arkali with tanking with doging with anything. but without astramentis i think the dmg isnt big enought. And for the rings and the amulett.
I dont like trading so much. most trader dont replay for an item what is worth an alch.
but i will look for it. thanks a lot for the fast answers.
now i must work and will try it at evening.

I like this build and the people playing it so much because kelvym answer really fast and if not him then another guy. that helps a lot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info