[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

I know I haven't done enchants on my stuff yet, been trying, but not having much luck with getting useful enchants. Buying the prophecy and all that for extra chances, but no luck. I'm having trouble finding upgrades to some of the rares, do I have something messed up and asking for too much resists from them, or am I just closer to max on them than I realized?
Is it going to be a problem if my whispering ice is 6L? It 6L in around 10 fusings and wasn't expecting that, was just going for the 4L as your build states.
Well 6L WI is better than +1 socketed gems on a Kaom's heart....
with 6L your SR gonna do more dmg. :p
"
gruumine wrote:
with 6L your SR gonna do more dmg. :p

Can it one-shot shaper though? :P
"
sufferot wrote:
"
Wastle wrote:
So far i did the guardians, uber lab, Atziri etc.
Now i'm at the point to do Shaper uber Atziri and Grandmaster hall.

You proofed about to kill the Shaper, but what's about uber Atziri and Grandmaster hall? Don't know how to post my Equip to check of the Community if i'm able to do the 3 bossses.

PS: Sorry for my bad english.

I will answer instead of Kelvynn. If you have 6k+ HP and around 8-10k tooltip DPS with arcane surge up - technically, you can do everything in the game HoGM is not an easy walk for this build - mull_gubens everywhere, so you will need non hitting spell there (use a 20/20 SR for those guys).

Uber Atziri atm is unbeatable - she got new attack in last patch, named "crash instance". It's unavoidable and she uses it pretty frequently. Normal Atziri is a piece of cake - she doesn't have such attack.

How are you guys getting that kind of tooltip damage on your builds? I've been looking at skill trees and gear and while I've found a few pieces of gear that I could upgrade, It would only give me 2% more intelligence and maybe 10 more intelligence on my Astramentis. My DPS is at about 5800 with arcane surge active, so I don't see that boosting me up much higher. Maybe get to about 6800. It's still worth upgrading, but I'm curious how you guys manage to get that kind of damage.

Would you mind looking at my character (WhisperingVanillaIce) and offering some advice? Thanks for the help!
Hi this is my skill tree. How can I squeeze anymore life out of it?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAPuBAcEswceCPQOSA-rEFgRLRGWFCAWbxa_FukaOBpsHNwdFB2-HwIhkCQ3JIskqiUnJpUnLyj6KU8qOCycLR8zhzWSNsU26TrYPC1Bh0VHRZ1JT0lRSshMs1BCUEdRdFNSVUtVxl1JXfJfKl_QYeJmVGebakNtGW6qe4x7w3_GgpuCx4Nfg8yD24P3hMWFMoV7h2WKr4w2jumPGo9GkBGQVZUglS6XLZhXmuCbtZ2uogCiLqKjppmnCK4-r42vm7UEtfK3PriTvKq86r8IwGbB88M6xq7QH9Wm2CTYveNq5CLkUeoQ6-Tr7uw47w7v6_DV-F_56P4K?accountName=Mamoux&characterName=ThickFinger

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Mamoux on Sep 3, 2017, 1:59:13 PM

need Your advice
complete encounters with Cursed King (not taking hit from his wolf barrage)
how to cope with this?
saw some tutorials (running around tree trunk when shifted into wolf and hidding when casting)
but with 2nd or 3rd shift he dissappears and can not do this not taking damage
how to cope with degen?
after some amount of attempts i quit....trunks, obstacles blocking ray, small creatures with cold (chaos??), shaper on dope is easier than this
thanks
"Je sens que je suis libre,
mais je sais que je ne le suis pas”
―Emil Mihai Cioran
Last edited by skrecu on Sep 3, 2017, 4:58:06 PM
"
redlefthand wrote:
How are you guys getting that kind of tooltip damage on your builds? I've been looking at skill trees and gear and while I've found a few pieces of gear that I could upgrade, It would only give me 2% more intelligence and maybe 10 more intelligence on my Astramentis. My DPS is at about 5800 with arcane surge active, so I don't see that boosting me up much higher. Maybe get to about 6800. It's still worth upgrading, but I'm curious how you guys manage to get that kind of damage.

Would you mind looking at my character (WhisperingVanillaIce) and offering some advice? Thanks for the help!

Your characters are hidden.

"
Mamoux wrote:
Hi this is my skill tree. How can I squeeze anymore life out of it?
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAPuBAcEswceCPQOSA-rEFgRLRGWFCAWbxa_FukaOBpsHNwdFB2-HwIhkCQ3JIskqiUnJpUnLyj6KU8qOCycLR8zhzWSNsU26TrYPC1Bh0VHRZ1JT0lRSshMs1BCUEdRdFNSVUtVxl1JXfJfKl_QYeJmVGebakNtGW6qe4x7w3_GgpuCx4Nfg8yD24P3hMWFMoV7h2WKr4w2jumPGo9GkBGQVZUglS6XLZhXmuCbtZ2uogCiLqKjppmnCK4-r42vm7UEtfK3PriTvKq86r8IwGbB88M6xq7QH9Wm2CTYveNq5CLkUeoQ6-Tr7uw47w7v6_DV-F_56P4K?accountName=Mamoux&characterName=ThickFinger

Thanks in advance.

You forgot to take Elemental Overload!

Quick Recovery is only 14% life, 3 simple 5% life nodes would give you 1% more. Taking those 5% nodes is the only way to add more life.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 3, 2017, 10:10:51 PM
"
skrecu wrote:
need Your advice
complete encounters with Cursed King (not taking hit from his wolf barrage)
how to cope with this?
saw some tutorials (running around tree trunk when shifted into wolf and hidding when casting)
but with 2nd or 3rd shift he dissappears and can not do this not taking damage
how to cope with degen?
after some amount of attempts i quit....trunks, obstacles blocking ray, small creatures with cold (chaos??), shaper on dope is easier than this
thanks

Here's how I got that challenge (it took several tries too):
1. Use a white map, don't add any mods, you don't want this to take long.
2. Quicksilver and run to the center area.
3. Stop near the tree and cast some Icestorms on him.
4. He will start shooting the wolves after like 3 sec, hide behind the tree and cast Icestorms on a spot near him (you can't cast on him from behind the tree).
5. When he turns into the wolf, run around the tree from it.
6. He will teleport elsewhere.

This is when the totally random luck part starts. You need to find him, hide from his barrage and kill him. I was looking for him carefully while avoiding the random crap that happens in the different arenas (degen auras chasing you, EK totems, ED totems, etc), but stay behind something. When he turns into the wolf you run around and kite it, but when he stops you need to find a spot behind something (tree, rocks, walls) where you can hide from the barrage while casting near him.

I even managed to get a good timing on the wolf to stop like 1 sec before he stops. The wolf hit me a couple times, but he's gimp in a white map, he won't kill you in a couple of shots, and you can cast Icestorms on him that will hit the boss when he turns back to normal, so you'll get healed and do a lot of damage. Just make sure to hide behind something quickly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info