[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:

Icestorm tooltip in hideout with flame golem: 8841
Icestorm tooltip with EO and AS triggered: 13987

My gems are lv 20 but not all 20q yet.

I tried the Hrimnor helm, but it's not needed at all. Just fully upgrade the Brine King and you won't even notice the chills and freezes. I'm going to use a different life flask, but haven't decided what else to get on it yet (cause it usually ends instantly).

try opal rings(s), one of my slots has it, great boost to dmg, triple stack eledmg(implicit)/firedmg/int

yesterday bought nasty mods/dual boss core map
had fun with these creeps trying to put me down, one stupid death in 1st phase involved
consider upg ray to 20q/1lvl, to enhance length of beam
My personal setup contains some changes:
-selfcast OoS+crit support to trigger EO (now lvl <10, no quality, 14 critchance, works well even with single target, on 4+ targets EO is constantly launched
-oldschool leap slam setup (faster+forti) reason is flame dash cooldown/limit sucks sometimes is a matter life or death to escape or avoid as long as possible/set convenient position for cast icestorm
(e. g. traffic in Overgrown Ruin with harbinger pack, sometimes bosses engaged just after entering chamber, cast-before-combat not possible)
-vaal lightning trap

EDIT
Just tried 1st time chimera in this league, to tell You truth never complete this map before (even with ES version)
All other Guardians are easy, deathless or almost deathless with harder mods
BUT Chimera is unreachable, and always will be
I can not imagine I could do this,
Itself is not as dangerous as his minions and cloud phase is always lethal (I have 2 quicksilver flasks, 2 instant life regen)
It is not enough....I remember to stay where clouds are, I know positions, saw this sooo many times on YT
But it's not working
"Je sens que je suis libre,
mais je sais que je ne le suis pas”
―Emil Mihai Cioran
Last edited by skrecu on Aug 16, 2017, 2:09:08 PM
Hi Kelvynn, I would like to thank you for sharing this awesome build.

Unfortunately, I am still far behind with equip and progress. Just a small curiosity: insted of thaking the +10 int node justs under explosive impancts nodes and the 6% life node after Devotion, shouldn't be a little better going for Sanctity?

TY all!

"
Kelvynn wrote:

I tried the Hrimnor helm, but it's not needed at all. Just fully upgrade the Brine King and you won't even notice the chills and freezes. I'm going to use a different life flask, but haven't decided what else to get on it yet (cause it usually ends instantly).

Hrimnor's lets you choose a different major though, like Solaris which looks good for defense... Dunno really, with 1200 int I get 13k tooltip now (added jewel socket). Would you say that more damage is needed for tier 15/16 maps? Also I noticed you took Written in Blood cluster - wouldn't taking the starting nodes for life+armor be better for dmg mitigation? How much health do we lose there anyway?
Last edited by H3avyM3tal on Aug 16, 2017, 12:13:04 PM
Double, sorry.
Last edited by H3avyM3tal on Aug 16, 2017, 6:49:34 AM
To the OP : Once again thanks a lot for the modified build.

Tried it in Legacy on SSF; did pretty good. Now trying without SSF.

My experience so far :

The DPS obviously is good when you have the Helm and Amulet. The problem is with the squishy-ness of the char between 40-60. Feel like a WF Zon. Complete glass cannon. As we are full on DPS nodes in the passive tree till about 60+ (or reach scion life pool). I used your earlier Warlords Mark to have some additional leach to sustain but now it seems to be of no use so stopped using it so the CoH setup works instead. As well as Purity of Light/Elements. Would like to use another aura for safety till we reach MoM. So much Mana sitting there doing nothing seems a criminal waste.

Last edited by spacenoxx on Aug 16, 2017, 7:56:39 AM
I'm level 67 and haven't bought much gear yet, but am still clearing quite nicely and with VP doing the heavy lifting on keeping me alive. I'm playing HSC and don't mind the occasional death, so I'm looking at this version of the 106 tree which seems to add a good bit of damage, some ES scaling, and elemental status avoidance at the cost of 15% inc life, a bit of mana, and the scion resists. Basically, its:

- No jewel/Devotion in Templar
- No Scion jewel
- Pick up jewels near Avatar of Fire and near Pain Attunement
- Route through Elemental Focus
- Written in Blood instead of Discipline & Training

http://poeurl.com/bsV3

Without seeing it fully geared, I'm not sure whether it's actually an improvement. Perhaps the build's damage is good enough already that the extra health makes the original routing better. Thoughts?
Hello Kelvynn, thank you very much for the guide, so good :)
i was playin' that Witch version before, and now Berserker Marauder is more tanky, perfectly sitting to my "kamikadze banzai" playstyle, enough range possibility too ofc.,
just OP, still as i'm a lazy noob :D

I use fast Quicksilver and Silver flask for Onslaught often, but there are more free slots atm.
mana is not required, one or two life flasks needed, pretty sure one with anti-bleed, instant optimally, but there is still place to some one or two.

So, my question is about utility flasks, what would you recommend?
=*v*=
Last edited by hrafnain on Aug 16, 2017, 11:48:01 AM
"
spacenoxx wrote:

The DPS obviously is good when you have the Helm and Amulet. The problem is with the squishy-ness of the char between 40-60. Feel like a WF Zon. Complete glass cannon. As we are full on DPS nodes in the passive tree till about 60+ (or reach scion life pool). I used your earlier Warlords Mark to have some additional leach to sustain but now it seems to be of no use so stopped using it so the CoH setup works instead. As well as Purity of Light/Elements. Would like to use another aura for safety till we reach MoM. So much Mana sitting there doing nothing seems a criminal waste.

I'd recommend CWDT/Immortal Call/Added Duration to reduce your squishy feeling!
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
spacenoxx wrote:

I'd recommend CWDT/Immortal Call/Added Duration to reduce your squishy feeling!

Not sure if it would help that much. Problem at this stage is a pack of ranged amonsters attack. rather than getting one shotted With almost HP+ES life pool of 3K(2k+1K) Its those Snake GMP snakes with bleed that kind tends to makw things sketchy. Using Decoy totem for now to see how it goes.

CWDT with increased duration would a 3 link...will havre to think which gems shud go
Last edited by spacenoxx on Aug 16, 2017, 1:31:31 PM
so, nothing will ressuresect witch version of this build? :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info