[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:

You must be doing it wrong. Divine Vessels are 3c, and I've dropped a few myself too. The souls are in the known maps. Put the Divine Vessel into the map device with the map, kill the boss, take the captured soul from the map device, talk to Sin in town.

I meant that I've yet to have a divine vessel drop for me... Do they drop ONLY in the maps with bossouls to capture?
Has anyone experienced problems with killing some of the new bosses, where you direct the scorching ray at them (i've tried all positions i.e. near or far), but regardless of how long you cast it, the icestorm doesn't cast?

I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong. I've just killed Act 10 Kitava and initially couldn't get it to work, so I got wrecked plenty of times. In the end i removed the chanelling mechanic and just manually cast icestorm. I killed him pretty quickly by doing this.

I've experienced this a few times with different new bosses (Arakaali at the end of act 7 being one).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)
"
GeneralJ wrote:
Has anyone experienced problems with killing some of the new bosses, where you direct the scorching ray at them (i've tried all positions i.e. near or far), but regardless of how long you cast it, the icestorm doesn't cast?

I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong. I've just killed Act 10 Kitava and initially couldn't get it to work, so I got wrecked plenty of times. In the end i removed the chanelling mechanic and just manually cast icestorm. I killed him pretty quickly by doing this.

I've experienced this a few times with different new bosses (Arakaali at the end of act 7 being one).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Just have to cast it on the nearest spot of the boss, having your cursor above a platform where you can cast it.
Do the increase skill duration nodes that we take apply to WI, or is it just for the curse and such?
What about Death's oath chest? Anyone try it? How can you counter the chaos dmg taken? The stats are perfect for this build.
Thanks for the reply! Working really well so far!
Love the build so far. Level 70. I made this character as a niche character to hopefully take down HoGM easily.

My biggest issue so far though is figuring out what to do for enemies who jump to you. For shits and giggles I tried HoGM already at level 70 and was almost able to clear wing, however when I would be casting Icestorm from afar and the enemies jump to me, I wouldn't have any Icestorm currently on top of me and die too quickly without the leech.

Is it a better strategy to not bother attacking from afar and just spam Icestorm on self for enemies like that?
Kelvyn what do you think? I would have 5.3k life at lvl 90 without kaoms, and with kaoms setup I would have 5.8k. Is 5.3k enough for shaper or should I invest in Kaoms?
i think you would have more life with koam...cuz that 500 life would get buff by %increase life nodes. and stuff. I wonder how much...
"
gruumine wrote:
i think you would have more life with koam...cuz that 500 life would get buff by %increase life nodes. and stuff. I wonder how much...

5.8k according to Path of Building, 5.3k at next level. Another good thing is that I could go for DPS nodes instead of life with Kaoms and still have more life at lvl 90 and much higher dps than with the current non-Kaoms setup. Just costs so much lol.

E: well, got kaoms now and my life will be 5.3k at next level. Tooltip damage seems to be 7900 in hideout without any buffs or lvl 20 gems. Gonna go for life nodes instead of damage nodes!
Last edited by Jespetin on Aug 13, 2017, 10:48:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info