[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

"
xSugarPunch wrote:
Why don't we use a higher level arcane surge? Simply because the dmg increase on orb/flame dash can be ignored?

Or is it because higher level orb/dash will drain our mana to fast with MoM?

Arcane surge works only when spending a set amount of mana (per AS level). At level 6 AS works if you spend 26 mana, while OoS (linked to AS) costs 27 mana at level 19.
Hi at all
Another small question
Wy dont we use 7% increased life jewels and loose for it one dmg affix. Is the dmg not enought for shaper if we do so. Then its not the only option use a kaoms.
Well my 15 Mana Arcane Surge procced with an 16 Mana Orb so this shouldnt be the problem
"
Hi at all
Another small question
Wy dont we use 7% increased life jewels and loose for it one dmg affix. Is the dmg not enought for shaper if we do so. Then its not the only option use a kaoms.

%life is included on the recommended jewel stats so you definitely can use %life on your jewels and it would definitely be awesome.. if you can manage to find one that actually goes with the other recommended stats. problem with %life jewels right now is they are expensive as fck since the value of life is rated so highly atm (see kaom's price).
"
Just got one weird idea. Will it be good to use Queen of The Forest and Shaper's Touch (getting a lot of evasion from QoTF and boost it by your Int with ST)? Path of Building says i'll have 57% Evade Chance on lvl 100 / 78% against Blinded enemies (with my current gear it is 15% / 58%). I can keep resist with these replacements, but not sure about health (PoB says 4636 at lvl 100, 4848 for current gear but i have no Kaom's Heart or smth like this).

So i suppose Kaom's Heart is much better as you will have at least 6k life with it, but its price compared with Shaper's Touch + QoTF... ~360c in Harbinger versus 5-7c. Can it be at least good budget version of gear?:)

I really liked this idea so I bought Queen of The Forest and Shaper's Touch - my survivalability wen up A LOT since it didn't really deacrease my lifepool but I have 12839 evasion. I thinks it is a good option for budget players :)

Last edited by xamilek789 on Aug 12, 2017, 6:48:26 PM
Woppidoo, Tier 15 down. My goal is to do shaper without Kaoms.
Hi all! i've played the ES version of this build and decided to make a cool-er Marauder. Do you guys think Atziri Splendour could be good? (Life- Armour and ES)
Last edited by PinPuller on Aug 12, 2017, 7:14:51 PM
"
xerofite wrote:
Any Recommended flasks for this build?

I'm doing everything except T16, Shaper and Uber Atziri with these:

Staunching is a must have, an utility so that it doesn't end when you reach full hp. Sulphur is nice for charges (15/60) and damage too. Grounding and extra phys mitigation is good too. I combine them with 1 Basalt. A life flask is needed now, and combine that with something useful too. And a couple of good Quicksilvers for clear speed.

This is fine for Uber Lab too. You have to have some experience with it, of course. But once you get used to it, 1 life flask is more than enough, I rarely even use it.

Each of the endgame fights (Minotaur, Chimera, Phoenix, Hydra, Uber Atizi, The Shaper) requires its own special flask setup. You can find the general ideas in the Boss Guide of the old CI version. I'll make a Boss Guide for the Life version with all the details when I get there in this league.

"
DkzSnoody wrote:
I was wondering if there are any special flasks i should use?

None. The Wise Oak was really nice last league but it got nerfed a little. It's still useful but not quite worth bothering with anymore.

"
Just got one weird idea. Will it be good to use Queen of The Forest and Shaper's Touch (getting a lot of evasion from QoTF and boost it by your Int with ST)? Path of Building says i'll have 57% Evade Chance on lvl 100 / 78% against Blinded enemies (with my current gear it is 15% / 58%).

And the other 22% of the time you'll get 1-shot ;)

Evasion builds go for 90%+ evasion tooltip (which is an average chance, still subject to RNG) and they add dodge or block on top of that, and Acrobatics too. This is not an evasion build.

"
sysTERROR wrote:
Great Build. Using Berek's Pass instead of Perandus myself, getting better damage out of it.

That's just 25-50 added and 30% increased damage. I can't see how you could possibly get better damage out of that compared to Perandus unless your Int is really low. On Beta at lv 90 Perandus gave me something like 150 Int. That is WAY more DPS than Berek's.

"
chipftw wrote:
Hi. How did you obtain Astramentis at lvl 39 ?(I suck)

I didn't obtain it with the character in the video. I started with a cheap farmer char, got to Act 9 with it and farmed the deserts (which is what became of Merc Lake) for 2 days for the chaos recipe. And then I made my real character with WI and Astra already waiting for him.

Astra is not required for leveling. You can do just fine with a rare amulet with 50+ Int.

"
HHLupus wrote:
How well does this build do in Lab? Can you kill Izaro with a facetank too?

You can see the Cruel and Merc Lab in the video. Uber Lab is fine too, I did at lv 75 when I got the trials done. The only difference from the CI version is that you don't facetank Izaro when he has charges. Just don't let him get the charges on those days, you lose 1 key but there are extra keys and chests there now so it's not a big deal.

"
GeneralJ wrote:
I just wanted to find out if you had considered using storm burst instead of scorching ray as your channelling skill? I haven't really applied my mind to using it for this build but wondered what the downside is?

Losing the -24% fire resistance debuff would be the downside.

"
xSugarPunch wrote:
Why don't we use a higher level arcane surge? Simply because the dmg increase on orb/flame dash can be ignored?

Or is it because higher level orb/dash will drain our mana to fast with MoM?

Higher lv Arcane Surge would require more than 1 cast of Orb/Dash to activate.

"
JuhlDk wrote:
do we use all puirty at the same time???

You have the freedom to use up to 2 Purities as needed. But that reduces your EHP pool cause you have less mana for MoM. Eventually you want to max your resists without any Purities and just run with AA as your only aura, using your mana as your extra hp. And then you can use the Purities for each specific case: PoE for EW maps, PoF for ele reflect, PoI/PoF/PoL for the +ele dmg mods, etc.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 12, 2017, 9:26:36 PM
T16 Minotaur downed. Also got a void battery from the map lol.
"
Jespetin wrote:
T16 Minotaur downed. Also got a void battery from the map lol.

Grats! ))

"
battousaii wrote:
How much life should I be running? I'm 79, still have 2 life% nodes to pick up, and I'm sitting on 3700 life. I am using a rare with life rather than black sun crest and I'm at about 4K rather than 4.5K in DPS.

Not sure but 3.7k at lv 79 is fine. As long as you are happy with your DPS cause you took life instead of damage. I had 3k life at lv 75. Now I have 4k at lv 86. You gain more life with each level.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info