[3.0] Quad Glacial Cascade Totems - Fun and Cheap!

blasphemy?? are you sure?? with hatred and haste?
Hello
Thank you for an interesting guide. I am about ready to start a Templar soon and will use this as a basis. I am new to the game and occasionally somewhat overwhelmed by the options available. My question is you have a socket above Totemic Mastery. Would this be a good spot for the Cold Steel jewel? A lot of Physical Damage nodes are in the area and few if any cold nodes. My brain tells me sure, but it has messed up before in these trees. Thanks.
Hi. I'm a bit new to the league (I used to play some years ago). What is the best level for CwDT and Immortal Call (without enduracing charges)? I've seen in some guides level 1 CwDT and level 3 IC. But you use level 8 and 8. What is the difference?
Nice suggestion, thanks for the guide!
Maybe I am miscalculating, but what would you think about speccing out of Ancestral Bond and instead into Elemental Equilibrium? Since you are using Orb of Storms anyway, this should increase your damage vs. bosses more than a fourth totem would -- wouldn't it? Any corrections appreciated.
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
"
haitike wrote:
Hi. I'm a bit new to the league (I used to play some years ago). What is the best level for CwDT and Immortal Call (without enduracing charges)? I've seen in some guides level 1 CwDT and level 3 IC. But you use level 8 and 8. What is the difference?

There's not much difference. 1 and 3 will proc more often for slightly shorter duration, 8 will proc at slightly harder hits for slightly longer duration.
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Hi, I'm also relatively new (from a long hiatus). I used to play a quad totem flameblast templar and was wondering how this compared DPS wise and clearspeed wise? I was going to respec the old build but need to determine if it's worth grinding up a GC gem.
"
onomastikon wrote:
Nice suggestion, thanks for the guide!
Maybe I am miscalculating, but what would you think about speccing out of Ancestral Bond and instead into Elemental Equilibrium? Since you are using Orb of Storms anyway, this should increase your damage vs. bosses more than a fourth totem would -- wouldn't it? Any corrections appreciated.

This would be a massive dps loss. Not only will you be losing a totem but you'll also increase the enemies average cold resistance.

The way GC works is that it hits in a "series of short duration ice protrusions in front of the character[totem]". A single cast can hit a mob multiple times and will almost always hit at least twice, sometimes more with conc effect and/or against mobs with large hit boxes. Multiply this by the number of totems and you are hitting constantly with cold damage which would trigger +cold res constantly.

OoS does not cast fast enough to keep up with all of those totems hitting multiple times... So you're going to be hitting against many more +25 cold res then you are -50 cold res.

EE might work on a self casting GC build but definitely not on a multi totem GC build.

Speaking of the smaller effect = more hits... I wonder if it's worthwhile to spec out of Inc AoE nodes for higher single target DPS.
Last edited by Gabbed on Oct 19, 2017, 2:56:19 PM
Hi,

any chance to have a skill tree progression steps ?
Should I got directly to ancestral bond and then spread on skill tree ?

Thanks
Why level the Swift Affliction Support? Wouldn't it be best to just leave it at level 1 since all you want is the reduced duration? Or am I missing something here?
Last edited by thedemon44 on Nov 14, 2017, 4:01:09 PM
What's with the Blasphemy Support connected to Haste and Hatred?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info