[3.0] Quad Glacial Cascade Totems - Fun and Cheap!

Why no Controlled Destduction Support? We don't deal crits with GC anyway, so why don't we change Culling Strike for CDS? Also there is Hrimsorrow gloves, which convert 50% phys to cold dmg. Maybe it's better to pick this gloves and for helmet use 40% increased GC damage?
"
laFleuere wrote:
Why no Controlled Destduction Support? We don't deal crits with GC anyway, so why don't we change Culling Strike for CDS? Also there is Hrimsorrow gloves, which convert 50% phys to cold dmg. Maybe it's better to pick this gloves and for helmet use 40% increased GC damage?

Great Ideas!... try them out and see how it goes. Like always people should use these build guides as suggestions. If you find a way to make it your own even better. I personally don't think the benefit from Hrimsorrow outweights the lack of stats but if you think it's a better combo then by all means. Also you can get spell damage on silk gloves. As far as Controlled destruction vs Culling. That also is personal preference. Culling strike support is Pure benefit. Cast speed, cull(Which is awesome), and damage where as controlled destruction is slightly more damage... Make it your own, and enjoy yourself. Not everything needs to be min maxed.
♥ we all go tissues ♥
"
"
laFleuere wrote:

Great Ideas!... try them out and see how it goes. Like always people should use these build guides as suggestions. If you find a way to make it your own even better. I personally don't think the benefit from Hrimsorrow outweights the lack of stats but if you think it's a better combo then by all means. Also you can get spell damage on silk gloves. As far as Controlled destruction vs Culling. That also is personal preference. Culling strike support is Pure benefit. Cast speed, cull(Which is awesome), and damage where as controlled destruction is slightly more damage... Make it your own, and enjoy yourself. Not everything needs to be min maxed.

Well, the point is Hrimsorrow cost about 1c and require 9 lvl, so it can anyway help at start and before u can easily clear Uber Lab. About Culling Strike. I found it quite useful on Orb of Storms by replacing Increased Area of Effect. So for now i still have Cull. Also, for a little iir i replace Increase Duration for Item Rarity Support if i'm sure dmg is enough. Quite helpful. And for now i can easily clear any <T11 maps (just cause i still didn't get one).
Last edited by laFleuere on Aug 8, 2017, 7:13:01 PM
"
laFleuere wrote:

How did you come to the conclusion that you do not deal crits with GC? Just curious as I've never seen/heard anything like that... and the X amount of Crit GC builds out there would probably not work if that were the case, no ?
"
Crix10 wrote:
"
laFleuere wrote:

How did you come to the conclusion that you do not deal crits with GC? Just curious as I've never seen/heard anything like that... and the X amount of Crit GC builds out there would probably not work if that were the case, no ?

We have Elemental Overload passive, so we can easily track the moment we deal critical strike. So try not to use Orb of Storms with this thread' build. As for me i never see this passive works. The 5% chance is too low as i think and we are not increasing it anyway. So i decided to try to replace Culling Strike for a Controlled Destruction and left crit work to an Orb of Storms.

About the X amount of Crit GC builds. Well, i'm not saying GC cannot crit. I'm just saying that in this build we're not dealing crits with GC. We don't use Increased Critical Chance Support, neither any weapon that increase any critical chance. And no passives in crits. That's my point.
Haven't played totems since a LL Dual Spork MFer way back... Really enjoying this build! Thanks for sharing it.

Just curious why you're taking Frost Walker over Storm Weaver? I suppose there's 13 points left so you can get both but Storm Weaver seems like a much better investment than Frost Walker unless you're hurting for Cold Res.
Last edited by Gabbed on Aug 9, 2017, 11:45:34 AM
"
Gabbed wrote:
Haven't played totems since a LL Dual Spork MFer way back... Really enjoying this build! Thanks for sharing it.

Just curious why you're taking Frost Walker over Storm Weaver? I suppose there's 13 points left so you can get both but Storm Weaver seems like a much better investment than Frost Walker unless you're hurting for Cold Res.

Storm weaver might be the better option!
♥ we all go tissues ♥
What is orb of storms doing for us in this build since we can't do any damage other than totems?
"
MortMachina wrote:
What is orb of storms doing for us in this build since we can't do any damage other than totems?

As soon as you drop orb of storms it crits and procs Elemental Overload. Giving 40% more elemental damage.
♥ we all go tissues ♥
"
XJunkyX wrote:
"
"
XJunkyX wrote:
What does your DPS look like per totem? Interested in the build

13.5k with 1 Totem, 9.5k with all 4 totems placed.
Glacial cascade causes multiple Hits: Each circle in the Glacial Cascade overlaps partially with adjacent circles... It is not the highest DPS build out there but for what it is, with the gear I have, it does a great job. I'm sure some uniques and better gear could pump up the numbers alot.

yea I know the dps calc gets a little weird with GC's multi hits, just didn't want the build to do next to no damage. I'm just trying to figure out a personally new build for the league. I've neglected Totems in the past and figured now was a fine time to give them a shot

Those numbers were before 3.0. It's doing alot more now.
♥ we all go tissues ♥

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info