[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

Does anyone tried The Green Nightmare Viridian Jewel? Is it worth?
ign: Ron
How do I get Increased Duration gem ? When im playing a Templar ?
"
trixzion wrote:
How do I get Increased Duration gem ? When im playing a Templar ?

You can buy any gem from Siosa (act 3 library) after you did his quest (find 4 golden pages).
"
an4x15 wrote:
"
Zephyrex wrote:
Hi I am currently trying to gear myself up for this build.

May I know if the current gem setup is still the best around? Have seen quite a number of individuals with different gem setup. Thanks!

Im using in mostly the same gems but in different combination. I added Vaal lightning trap for extra 15% dmg for large groups, and 1 empower in the helm to reach higher ProjW lvl.

Not using clarity and I use Clear Mind Jew for extra dmg.

Check my profile.

Ignore the empower in the gloves and the ice bite in the chest (im lvl those gem)

Im searching an alternative defensive gem to my gloves what synergize with proc the dmg taken support. I use a higher lvl golem for the plus dmg.

Its working for me.

Thanks for sharing. any other inputs from players? Thanks
"
SphinxOG wrote:

Hi. While I know you say this will not be great for bosses will it still be very good at clearing rare and unique spawns in T1-T10 maps? I'm totally new to the game and have no way to trade due to being on console and I'm curious how this would hold for me to solo the first 3 labs to get some of my ascendancy going. I'm ok to wait on final lab for a while as I have friends who can help eventually but I need to know I can clear maps solo including the named guys that spawn.

I made my first ever character last week and managed to farm a tabula for levelling and I also picked up the frozen trails already and have a 5 linked staff.

Basically when it comes to budget I'm broke but this build looks really fun and I'm about ready to buy the mtx for this too. Any info on if I can do as I asked would be greatly appreciated. Very happy to see a guide that doesn't require lots of uniques as even though people say they are budget friendly that's a totally different story on console where basic items costing 1-2 chaos on pc are 40-100 chaos on console.

Thanks again

Yes, you absolutely can clear the first three labs and t1-10 easily with this build. Bosses are a bit slow, but you can skip them if you want, and yellow monsters are easy. Just got to 90 today, farming and clearing t10/11, don't even have any unique items, just yellow items. i would suggest getting conviction of power for the third ascendancy power, and not divine guidance, that has worked better for me imo.
Why do you grab so many critical strike upgrades when you cannot do damage with your own skills and you cannot critical with the totems due to the controlled destruction gem?
"
Why do you grab so many critical strike upgrades when you cannot do damage with your own skills and you cannot critical with the totems due to the controlled destruction gem?

Controlled Destruction removes any crit chance, but Frostbolt still has 5 percent crit baseline. It can't go any lower than that. So all the crit nodes will raise the crit chance of Frostbolt. Crit nodes also affect your totems.
"
Non_Drifter wrote:
"

Controlled Destruction removes any crit chance, but Frostbolt still has 5 percent crit baseline. It can't go any lower than that. So all the crit nodes will raise the crit chance of Frostbolt. Crit nodes also affect your totems.

okay so then controlled destruction removes all crit chance before skill tree? because im linked to frost bolt with controlled destruction. so im confused about how it works. does controlled destruction remove all crit except for the baseline and then you can add in the skill tree?ni also can only do damage through totems because of ancestral bond.
"
"
Non_Drifter wrote:
"

okay so then controlled destruction removes all crit chance before skill tree? because im linked to frost bolt with controlled destruction. so im confused about how it works. does controlled destruction remove all crit except for the baseline and then you can add in the skill tree?ni also can only do damage through totems because of ancestral bond.

The Controlled Destruction gem makes up for the reduced crit chance with the flat damaeg buff it gives to Frostbolt. So while your overall crit rating is lower, the damage is higher because of the flat damage buff.

You would have higher crit without the controlled destruction gem, but it'd be a dps loss since you won't have the flat damage buff. This is how i understand it.
Hello all, what is the best flask for DPS for this build ? Cuz only 39k tooltip dps unbuffed, want moar.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info