[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

Hi guys

I have a suggestion how to get rid of the low boss damage. Why dont we ignore the ancestral bond skill point. So we can do damge with skills. In fact we can run in Another 6l staff a single target damge gem ( i dont have enaigh experience to know which is the best). Negative points of this would be:
-only 3 totems but i dont know how high the difference beween 4 and 3 is maybe someone can tell
-you have to change weapons befor/in bossfight

Kind regards
"
Klassenliste wrote:
Hi guys

I have a suggestion how to get rid of the low boss damage. Why dont we ignore the ancestral bond skill point. So we can do damge with skills. In fact we can run in Another 6l staff a single target damge gem ( i dont have enaigh experience to know which is the best). Negative points of this would be:
-only 3 totems but i dont know how high the difference beween 4 and 3 is maybe someone can tell

Kind regards

well having a 6L its hard enough, having two decent staff 6L that is a little insane and not needed, if you want boss killing its more fast to have another character that focus on that, you can run a chieftain if you wanna that, this build is for farming maps and currency.

i think having 3 totems its a no go, because we are hyerophant, we have a penalty of 7% for totem, and losing the 4 one its a huge dps loss

btw guys maybe Path of building dont calculate very well the dps calculations from the totems? tweaking the build in the program tell me that taryn 6L with the crit staff nodes from the guide its gives to me 3k aprox less than the little "variation" im running right now with my templar..is that possible? im running dual wand setup
Last edited by keygy on Aug 24, 2017, 8:09:06 PM
Hi, so I have a question about controlled destruction.

Why are we stacking Crit if it reduces crit by 100%? Does it do something that I don't know about or is it simply for when we get pandemonius and therefore then get rid of controlled destruction.

Thx for the help.
Last edited by Crazboy on Aug 24, 2017, 8:37:45 PM
It's not like it reduces it to 0%, you still crit a lot and the dmg output boost from controlled destruction is HUGE.
This build is very powerful and survival is good, you can do anything (any boss).

My high geared wanders friends are amazed but movement speed is a bit slow.

One of the best poe build, LiftingNerdBro thanks for making it!
Last edited by Cratz on Aug 24, 2017, 11:48:04 PM
"
What are people running for helmets? I am just wondering what kind of rare base I should look for, or since dex is sometimes an issue, could I just run a devotos?

A good rare with life+resists will do but you can also run devoto's like you said for dex, movespeed, and chaos resist. Another good alternative is starkonja (higher dex requirement) for life and crit boost. Honestly, this build is flexible when it comes to equips. It just boils down to your preference and budget.

"
BaluAZM wrote:
Is there any difference (in dmg) between 40% increased cold damage (i.e. from Snakepit) and 40% increased Frostbolt Damage (enchanted item)?

Increased cold damage means all sources of cold damage will get a boost. Frostbolt damage means its only limited to frostbolt. So to answer your question, since frostbolt has a "cold" and "spell" gem tag, then it's cold spell damage will benefit from the cold damage in the same manner it benefits from the increased frostbolt damage. Another way to look at it is they have both the "increased" keyword which means they are additive in a sense. You can check this link for more info.

"
Klassenliste wrote:
Hi guys

Kind regards

I was running the four totem setup but like everyone mentioned, the boss fights just take forever (btw I don't have gg items just regular rares). I then respeced out of Ancestral Bond and ran 5L on both armor and staff. One 5L for mapping and the other for single targets (gems with "more" modifiers). Aside from this, I also did not go for the power charges and instead went to the top of the tree for the cold spell node (Heart of Ice). I find this setup yield a much better DPS based on PoB. In my experience, three totems are enough for map clearing since the mob dies anyway from the sheer number of frostbolts. Having four totems will certainly yield much clearspeed but when you get to the boss, the dps is just isn't there unless you have BiS gears already.

"
Crazboy wrote:
Hi, so I have a question about controlled destruction.

Why are we stacking Crit if it reduces crit by 100%? Does it do something that I don't know about or is it simply for when we get pandemonius and therefore then get rid of controlled destruction.

Thx for the help.

This has been asked multiple times already. The keyword here is "reduced", it will not turn your crit chance to zero. You can check this link for more info on how stats and modifiers work.

"Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness." - The Shaper
Last edited by haxers on Aug 25, 2017, 2:38:09 AM
Playing this build on xbox. It's going ok so far, but man that in game trading board thing sucks haha. No way of finding what you want. I'll get a frozen trail from act 5 but finding the 2nd in this version is gonna suck.
Does a 6l totem setup exist which is nice for singel target damage? I really want to try this build in standard and am searching for a solution for the low singel damage. Changing weapons for boss fight is imo the best solution
"
Klassenliste wrote:
Does a 6l totem setup exist which is nice for singel target damage? I really want to try this build in standard and am searching for a solution for the low singel damage. Changing weapons for boss fight is imo the best solution

if you want a totem build for boss killing, Chieftain totems its what you need

about not picking ancestral bond maybe im repeating a lot but, the feature principal of this build is Fast Clean Mapping, if you do not pick ancestral bond and going with hyerophant you gonna lose a lot of dps for having the ability to use other spells, if you pick hyero its for a pure build of quad totem, that is the best feature from the ascendancy class, remember that you have 7% less damage per totem with hyero and having 1 totem less gonna hurt you a lot.

Really guys if you want to focus in a decent clean of maps and good boss killing chieftain totems is the way to go, this build its not for that.
Last edited by keygy on Aug 25, 2017, 5:23:07 AM
You dont understand me. I wann to Play the exacly Same Build like is on the 1.page. Just want to add a Second weapon in which is a totem Setup for bosses

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info