[3.0] TheAmigoConversion -Ele Conversion Bow Build // up to 8k life! // 3.3m shaper DPS

"
FTNQ wrote:
can somebody say me how it's going on in 3.0 ?
can this build do a high tier maps ? i mean with non-legacy items.

I did this build

Got to around level 83 with it. Used Lioneye's Glare / Chin sol and mostly the same stuff if you look at Amigo's profile. The amulet is kind of retarded because of the dps increase and it was only 1-2c

I liked it and it's really cheap to get started. The only problem was I didn't feel guided by the guide anymore (no edits in the past few days, no new information about what dmg to scale, harbinger uniques, etc). I wish when Amigo did his guides he'd play through the character with us. Instead, he was gone for the first few days in the beginning of the league, etc.

e: I basically felt like the guide was abandoned, so it disincentivized me to continue to play
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Aug 13, 2017, 7:08:51 PM
i agree. it feels slightly abandoned, but it still was fun. (i'm trying to see what you other guys are using for this build). this build seems in line with the present the phys-to-ele meta, so some of the rings and stuff might be more expensive. the amulets great for the int to use the cast on hit jewel, and i really like the culling strike for boss killing.

kinda forsakened most of the life nodes, so i'm running only 4k rn and super squishy because i'm too lazy to find a good armor/evasion chest. the barrage vs. tornado shot tooltip was misleading at first at first, but it rips through bosses.

maybe i should install path of building to test the different equip options. right now, i only have phys to fire/cold dmg... i feel the harbinger helm , esh amulet, and the doomfletch prism would look cool, but idk.
I normally don't post in guides as i'm a big lurker but yesterday I hit level 90 for the very first time and I've been just following this guide. My playstyle is pretty casual I play a char every league reroll if I really don't like it but other than that pretty much just stick with it.

After running flameblast totems, vaal spark, and some elemental claw bladeflurry build last league this is by far the most fun build I've played. I'm running T12 maps fairly OK with occasional deaths mostly due to my own stupidity or map mods that I know I probably shouldn't run.

Biggest issue I have atm is oneshots in these situations, I have almost 7 k HP which doesn't seem to be enough at times. That being said my armor and evasion is pretty low instead. That's one thing i'm not sure i'm doing correctly, is it better to focus on one or on both?

Frenzy charges on bosses can be a bit of an issue but I will mess around with swapping orb of storms for frenzy that should fix it?

Anyway thank you for the guide, it has helped me a great deal.
@Kalibuir Get Acrobatics, you have armour from kaom's only. Lets say it gives you 10% phys reduction, 30% dodge + 5%phys reduct is better than 10% phys reduct for 2 points.
For single target Curse, Frenzy and Power charges -> Frenzy - CoH - Ele Weak - Power charge on crit.
I have a lvl 87 of this build with about 6 ex in gear and 6100 life without kaom's heart.

This build sucks for red map bosses but is fine for everything else

you have to dodge with finesse (on the bosses) or you will die.

'Facetank the whole game, due to Cloaked in Savagery' is a lie

Examples:

Malformation piety - the beam does >6100 damage with 75 all res

Beacon bosses - The projectiles will easily pile up and kill you, you have to either TS/IS/LA from range or single one out and then you can probably facetank them since they're not really like strong single bosses

Abyss - Kaom does >6100 damage with his slam and firequake travelling skill

Estuary - The guy in here throws a spread shot of ice and fire projectiles, which stun, freeze, and do tons of damage - a direct hit is >6100 damage, each projectile alone may be around 2000 damage? Not to mention he fires them fast so you have to jam your thawing potion and blink arrow out of there or just never get hit in the first place. His second form you have to constantly be moving or they will stack several bursts on you and easily kill you through your leech

The dried lake boss guy one shots with his charge.

I was able to facetank level 11 or lower maps though (excluding malformation and maybe one or two others)

But over level 11 when it's not like shaped ashen wood seems like no way and level 13+ definitely no way

I'm open to solutions if someone else has found a way to be more resilient without requiring lots of dodging.

I primarily chose the build because i'm laggy and can't really always dodge when it's 5 FPS during boss fights but i love archers. I frequnetly just offscreen everything
Last edited by Madmallard on Aug 14, 2017, 7:33:28 PM
Many builds post with "facetank whole game" and then you get oneshot everywhere in red maps and in uberlab Argus due to enemy crits and low hp. It only works if you can get 8k+ hp OR tons of mitigation
Last edited by Squirting_Elephant on Aug 18, 2017, 7:07:15 AM
From my simulations, ice bite is rarely ever better than added cold damage (theyre like even except ice bite is not always up at full damage due to frenzies)

Am I missing something?
Last edited by Kirbynatorz on Aug 21, 2017, 3:10:02 PM
Legacy ROTC? Really? Standard build?
IGN gubert
So do I have to take different build paths in proportion to which of the three abilities i chose to use? (Tornado Shot, Ice Shot, Lightning Arrow)? Or is it just the same tree and all? :)
The one thing I do not get is the choice of bows? When you play a point blank build why would you ever use any other bow than:

I mean seriously, I do own a legacy RotC too but Chin Sol usually is way stronger in point blank builds plus it is cheap as fuck. Am I missing something?

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info