3.0.0 Item Filter and Passive Tree Information

"
sharbe wrote:
please release the harbinger supporter packs already!

Not to dampen your spirits sir, but the packs are gonna be released some time after 3.0 launches.

There is a response from bex below in this reddit topic on the Harbinger supporter packs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6r7l2m/prepatching_for_30/dl2y1ck/?context=3
Neversink, is it ready yet? 😊
Hardcore is how we play ™

Best ladder ranking so far: OhSnapIsRerolling, rank 85 HC Nemesis League
imminent day 1 server crash inbound.
UwU
Dem shards, pieces, orbs, splinters... Path of Carpal Tunnel.

Plz gib P2W inventory slots?
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
But I need those stash tabs.
"
ladish wrote:
I don't really understand the stash sale conflict with release being an issue? Am I missing something?

edit: does it cut into revenue from player purchases? But doesn't it also incentivise people to buy supporter packs?

It's my understanding that the stash tab sales are consistently super popular (and thus very profitable for GGG) and having tons of new stash tabs being added to thousands of players accounts just adds more work for the servers to deal with.

So it's my guess that it is done to keep things simple and to prevent a potential customer service disaster...

Worse case scenario: 20,000 players purchase new stash tabs immediately after 3.0 launches... one or more servers crash due to an unforeseen issue with the launch... after servers are restarted, 1,000 players notice that they are missing their new stash tabs and all submit support tickets.

So instead of GGG just having the "3.0 related launch" issues, they would now be dealing with angry "where are my new stash tabs" tickets too.

Last edited by johnnyh2 on Aug 3, 2017, 1:08:46 AM
Any news on what numbers to use to use the new sounds?
"
johnnyh2 wrote:
"
ladish wrote:
I don't really understand the stash sale conflict with release being an issue? Am I missing something?

edit: does it cut into revenue from player purchases? But doesn't it also incentivise people to buy supporter packs?

It's my understanding that the stash tab sales are consistently super popular (and thus very profitable for GGG) and having tons of new stash tabs being added to thousands of players accounts just adds more work for the servers to deal with.

So it's my guess that it is done to keep things simple and to prevent a potential customer service disaster...

Worse case scenario: 20,000 players purchase new stash tabs immediately after 3.0 launches... one or more servers crash due to an unforeseen issue with the launch... after servers are restarted, 1,000 players notice that they are missing their new stash tabs and all submit support tickets.

So instead of GGG just having the "3.0 related launch" issues, they would now be dealing with angry "where are my new stash tabs" tickets too.

ah I hadn't really thought of the server load angle. Thanks.
Could we get information on the new sounds for PlayAlertSound? On the beta client the voiced lines cannot be played in the same manner that the other 16 sounds (including 7 of the new sounds) can be, with no further information on how these sounds will actually be played on orb drops in item filters.

One possibility is that these will be mapped normally, so PlayAlertSound 17 would play one of the new voiced lines.

Another possibility is that there is a new identifier for these sounds, with the game then deciding which sound to play based on the orb drop. The syntax "PlayAlertSound Orb" is valid on the beta client, so it seemed likely that this would be the case.
How many characters can you have without buying more slots??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info