Does Orb of Storms proc only once for a channeled lightning spell?

Or lots of times while channeling?
Last bumped on Sep 21, 2017, 2:27:15 PM
I don't understand the question.

But channeled skills have a cast time as well. This cast time determines how often e.g. lightning balls (for the channeled skill Storm Burst) get cast.

Storm burst functions like this: While channeling you constantly cast lightning balls. At the end of channeling all balls explode.

I guess you mean Storm Burst, because Orb of Storm is not a channeled skill.

Look here: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Orb_of_Storms
The Wiki is a great way to find answers to nearly everything. Gl in 3.0
Last edited by Mutzelputz on Aug 2, 2017, 2:08:45 PM
Orb of Storms only triggers once, at the start of channeling.
.... Oh my god.

Orb of Storms fires a lightning bolt when you activate a Lightning Skill in its radius. That's its whole gimmick. This is the "proc" being discussed.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 2, 2017, 3:53:47 PM
Sorry, I was being pretty rude there. :(
I need a break.
Alas I don't think it works at all as of 3.0.0b:

"
Qarl wrote:
3.0.0b Patch Notes
  • Using channelled lightning skills will no longer trigger Orb of Storms.

This is a bummer for sure. Was hoping to use Storm Burst CWC Icestorm/Firestorm + OoS to keep up a decent EE and curse on hit at the same time.
"
Raye wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
.... Oh my god.

Orb of Storms fires a lightning bolt when you activate a Lightning Skill in its radius. That's its whole gimmick. This is the "proc" being discussed.

Oh yeah, completely forgot about that, sorry. I actually thought he wanted to trigger many OoS for some unfathomable reason. Maybe because wanting to trigger more bolts than normal autocast is almost as unfathomable :/

To be fair, if you're using a lightning skill already (a'la Arc or Spark or such), then triggering extra bolts from Orb of Storms is basically free. Storm Burst being able to produce a frenzied barrage of OoS arcs might be amusing, and would improve things like Curse on Hit or EE coverage.

I know nobody's actually using lightning skills this league (outside Doryani's Bad Touch) because urrbuddy's on Dark Pact and such, but yeah. I've run a build or two which casts lightning spells in an Orb of Storms because it was gonna be casting those lightning spells anyways so why not get that little bit more damage/coverage from Orb?
"
1453R wrote:
Doryani's Bad Touch

I lol'ed
"
Raye wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
.... Oh my god.

Oh yeah, completely forgot about that, sorry. I actually thought he wanted to trigger many OoS for some unfathomable reason. Maybe because wanting to trigger more bolts than normal autocast is almost as unfathomable :/

it's easy to forget that. i have a feeling most people just use orb of storms for curse on hit or to trigger elemental overload not to actually deal damage :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info