[3.0] Storm Burst - Dasher / Hiero - EB - MoM

Hi Drow,

I'm not so fan of using concentrated effect with this skill gem. Explosions are small enough, with CE they get even smaller. Increased area gives this skill extra damage from overlapping, especially with higt cast speed when the balls are very dense.
I think better going Controlled destruction, or crit for later here.

I use this skill only because it's new. I'm only act 5, but now it gets a bit rolling. Normal monsters are mostly 1 cast for a whole screen(just wait until the balls reach the screen border), blues it depends on its stats - resistant mobs use longer time.

Bosses are a bit meh - if you can time it right, it delivers good damage from medium to short distance, otherwise the fire totem hast to do the work. It's a bit of intervalling the bursts. This skills single target damage is extremely dependend on lag and timing.

I think carcass jack should be the endgame armor for this skill.
"
Llyrain wrote:
Hi Drow,

I'm not so fan of using concentrated effect with this skill gem. Explosions are small enough, with CE they get even smaller. Increased area gives this skill extra damage from overlapping, especially with higt cast speed when the balls are very dense.
I think better going Controlled destruction, or crit for later here.

I use this skill only because it's new. I'm only act 5, but now it gets a bit rolling. Normal monsters are mostly 1 cast for a whole screen(just wait until the balls reach the screen border), blues it depends on its stats - resistant mobs use longer time.

Bosses are a bit meh - if you can time it right, it delivers good damage from medium to short distance, otherwise the fire totem hast to do the work. It's a bit of intervalling the bursts. This skills single target damage is extremely dependend on lag and timing.

I think carcass jack should be the endgame armor for this skill.

Ok thanks for the tip, I've swapped out Conc Effect for Controlled destruction, and I think my fifth link would be Slower Projectiles, or do you think Increased AOE would be better?
For People stuck with this shitty build here:

Respec into Inquisitor and read this Guide https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1950504

For further Ideas look at my character. ;)

"
Ok thanks for the tip, I've swapped out Conc Effect for Controlled destruction, and I think my fifth link would be Slower Projectiles, or do you think Increased AOE would be better?

My 5 link is: storm burst - gmp - elemental focus - added lightning - increased crit

I just prefer elemental focus over controlled destruction, as for 6l (which i don't have yet) i'm still debating if i want to use slower projectiles with the final build or not.

I'm using Sultangurde's life build with much success - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/sultangurde/characters

The only thing that i'm still working on is which curse i want to use, not a fan of warlords/immortal call, still wanna see if i can make it viable with Poachers mark + something els, having 6 power charges + frenzy is pretty sweet lol.
Last edited by Vlammenzee2190 on Aug 13, 2017, 2:57:34 AM
Is there an alternate movement skill I can use instead of charged dash?
"
"

My 5 link is: storm burst - gmp - elemental focus - added lightning - increased crit

I just prefer elemental focus over controlled destruction, as for 6l (which i don't have yet) i'm still debating if i want to use slower projectiles with the final build or not.

I'm using Sultangurde's life build with much success - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/sultangurde/characters

The only thing that i'm still working on is which curse i want to use, not a fan of warlords/immortal call, still wanna see if i can make it viable with Poachers mark + something els, having 6 power charges + frenzy is pretty sweet lol.

Yes I'm using Sultangurde's "SultanBurst" tree too, I compared it in Path of Building v/s SongokuSSj5's the Gatling Storm Burster https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1950504 and I prefer to use Sultangurde's because i'm not sure about using Vaal Pact.

Path of Building shows Controlled Destruction to give more DPS than Added Lightning or Increased Crit, so i'm using that as my 5th link and Added Lightning will be my 6th.
"
Sterisk wrote:
Is there an alternate movement skill I can use instead of charged dash?

You can use Flame Dash / Whirling Blades / Leap Slam - I prefer Flame Dash linked with Faster Casting.
Here's a skill tree I heavily modified.

It cuts out the power charges on the tree and all the crit to pick up elemental overload, more cast speed, more life, more mana AND mana regen, and 3 jewel slots(for Grand Spectrum Cobalt Jewel x3). This way, you can get rid of Dream Fragments/Atziris Foible and make room for more resistances and life on your jewelry.

Also, a lot more chance to shock AND better shock. Lots of passives to buff the effect of shock.

Thoughts? I might also test this modified tree out myself at some point.

www.poeurl.com/bsA4

EDIT: I'm an idiot.. Grand Spectrum doesn't have a range.. Doh! Even better!
No mercy for the weak. No pity for the dying. No tears for the slain.
Last edited by sladverr on Aug 15, 2017, 10:08:23 PM
On the Path of bulding the skill "part" is shows different than your post!? how is dat , the skill gems are differents

wich one should i follow?

cheers
Last edited by drewPOE on Aug 15, 2017, 6:21:03 AM
I don't understand the point of Charged Dash in this build? Seems like it was just thrown in for the hell of it...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info