Spark Scion (w/Threshold Jewel) - What ascendancies?

So I had some feedback say that 1) I should think about Spark Mines; 2) And/or the Ascendant class with the changes. Never actually played a scion before!

What would be good for Spark Mines in general? Saboteur doesn't seem actually that amazing because you don't get the AoE scaling with spark proj.

Inquis? Elementalist? (going Harbinger SC this league)

Ascendant

I took a look at Deadeye Ascendant and now it is:

1. Pierce +2 targets (seems great. need any more pierce? or +2 enough?)

2. 30% proj speed (great)

3. +1 proj (great)

4. Proj increase damage as they travel (great)

So Deadeye seems like a very good choice

What do you think would be the best 2nd choice? Or what other two combined?

Raider: This looks pretty good now. Obviously no deadeye with it though. With Frenzy change reverted you still get 4% MORE general damage per frenzy, you get frenzy on hit rare or unique mob (I wonder if this is enough to keep them full just in maps?), onslaught on full frenzy, 4% dodge and 10% MS.

Saboteur: and go mines with minefield gives tons of sparks!

Assassin: Some good crit stuff

Necromancer: Crazily all the stuff is a actually decent! 20% skill duration, 4% phys dam reduction; 30% extra damage with an aura; and +20 chaos res

Elementalist: 50% reduced reflect is good, 6% damage pen, 6 second conflux is pretty good if able to go fast (nothing for bosses tho), and one more golem can't hurt

Occultist: Okay I guess. 20% increased max ES = about 3.5 nodes, 1% ES regen/s, and 20% increased damage. Unless some way convert to chaos, the last bonus isn't applicable.

Inquis: 25% inc ele dmg; 8% reduced ele damage taken on conc ground; 30% chance for conc ground on kill (pretty good and could use a conc ground flask); this last one is tricky - 120% crit chance vs those with ele status ailments. That's a lot of crit chance. Seems like with the changes I should always be shocking, but the benefit of shocking with lots of small spark damages seems really bad now?

Hierophant: 50% chance of power charge on totem placement is nice; mana to ES is IDK; But how do I get much of anything from that +1 totem from helm? probably not that good? Maybe with that 30% more ele damage essence?

(I've being thinking out some totem and/or self cast stuff too, and just I heard CwC + Spark + Charged Dash may be a thing. Might be cool, but I don't want to start with it).
Last bumped on Aug 4, 2017, 12:41:18 PM
Made a few trees so far but never played Scion so I don't know how I feel about them. None are crit so far.

I don't really understand how these shock changes work. I also didn't see any "improved shock effect" for spark.

So what do you think is best:

1. Non-crit - use Ele Overload
2. Crit - but ignore shock and use ele focus
3. Crit - with shocks

Scion: Deadeye+Saboteur

https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAO0ACBAAAHPyl5tdqJpaUkrIPydfmFltzzK0DMrTvoqhL5Mn74j5N9fPSbF_xhGWDkjqug18V8ko-oLHHb4zhwPuXfIrChEvAx4fQetjNj2dqmyMYqy0xdvncFF2b36w2FTuFbd1wcWgQw6OI1-d2RHCuJMc3OvupwjYJFZIjxoy0UVHwGYEs6IA8B_hc4KbmjvtPNWmmuBFnVNShTKXLUlPvKpuqrXyNZLYvf6PTeOmV_4KOuHyRWwLIvRtGQj0akO86gcelS7w1UlRswMyGFMxe8P56Lc-QYd7bpchwXyHB7FbpjIDBOXLqUjS6AAAAAAA

Scion: Deadeye+Elementalist

https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAPkACBAAAHnyl5tdqJpaUkrIPydfmFltzzIo-oLHHb4zhwPuuJMc3OvupwjYJFZIjxoy0UVHwGYEs6IA8B_hc4KbmjvtPNWmmuBFnVNShTKXLUlPvKpuqrXyNZLYvf4Ke8P56Lc-QYd8gxEtLJy86mpDCPRtGSL0bAuTJ--I-TfXz0mxUzVQQow2VUth4iaVVEemvp7EXfIrChEvAx4fQetjNj2dqmyMYqyPRpuh99esmDpYVcYRD36vjRngEtlf3Yw7De_rvoqhLxg8vScYVq_rAdGiQPT4oSLEovJFOuGmV03j_o97bpchwXyHB-KtCdnKRiBZpq8dwgAAAAAA

Scion: Raider + Elementalist (this will probably require pierce in some fashion)

https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAPUACBAAAHfyl5tdqJpaUkrIPydfmFltzzIo-oLHHb4zhwPuuJMc3OvupwjYJFZIjxoy0UVHwGYEs6IA8B_hc4KbmjvtPNWmmuBFnVNShTKXLUlPvKpuqrXyNZLYvf4Ke8P56Lc-QYd8gxEtLJy86mpDCPRtGSL0bAuTJ--I-TfXz0mxUzVQQow2VUth4iaVVEemvp7EXfIrChEvAx4fQetjNj2dqmyMYqy-iqEvGDy9JxhW8kU64aZXTeP-j7TFwuwqW4JeUuwM8qXLBbWNv1FHPs-95jB8jX0j9k2SN9TtP3tulyHBfOKtCdnKRiBZpq8dwiHQAAAAAAA=
Last edited by jolsen26 on Aug 2, 2017, 11:22:36 AM
If you are going mines, deadeye + sabo. If self cast, deadeye + elementalist
go crit + shock ( it feels so much better with HoI )
and ele focus is a ~50% more dmg, while shock can be up to 50% more + an extra gem with ~30 more dmg aswell ( so should be better )

and ele + deadeye ( maybe deadeye + assasin, depand how they fixed ele reflect )

that would be my best shot 160% + 5 jewels so 195% life should be enough

https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAREACBAAAIXyl5tdqJpaUkrIPydfmFltzzIo-oLHHb4zhwPuuJMc3Ovujxoy0UVHwGYEs6IA8B_hc4KbmjvtPNWmmuBFnVNShTKXLUlPvKpuqrXyNZLYvf4Ke8P56Lc-QYd8gxEtLJy86mpDCPRtGSL0bAuTJ--I-TfXz0mxjDZVS2HiJpVd8isKES8DHh9BvoqhLxg8vScYVq_rAdGiQPT4oSLEovJFOuGmV03j_o8FQkGW0PWus0yzIG5QMNte0B_v60V-Dlxq-g5IEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_66_XDCbmT8h1knSoLcFKJ03_GMFuslx2DL50W8yY8oqMPxDt8uMp7bpchwXyHB-KtCdnKRiBZpq8dwgAAAAAA

or ( i would go with 2 cursed much smother gameplay )

https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAREACBAAAIXyl5tdqJpaUkrIPydfmFltzzIo-oLHHb4zhwPuuJMc3Ovujxqa4EWdU1KFMpctSU-8qm6qtfI1kti9_gp7w_notz5Bh3yDES0snLzqakMI9G0ZIvRsC5Mn74j5N9fPSbGMNlVLYeImlV3yKwoRLwMeH0G-iqEvGDy9JxhWr-sB0aJA9PihIsSi8kU64aZXTeP-jwVCQZbQ9a6zTLMgblAw217QH-_rRX4OXGr6DkgRlgcelS7w1UlRj_rr9cMJuZPyHWSdKgtwUonTf8YwW6yXHYMvnRbzJjyiow_EO3y4ygQHg9tVxjpYrJj315uhGGp4L1gHfOV7bpchwXyHB-KtCdnKRiBZpq8dwgAAAAAA
30 Shores with Double Pack / Breach / Max Sextants https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2006424/page/1
First Selfmade Build as Sparker ( MF ) https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1637690
1 Million Tool Tip Dps Sparker https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1761162

Last edited by KillerKrug on Aug 3, 2017, 3:18:48 AM
I still don't understand how the new shock works.

You have to hit the target for 10% of their life to get a 50% more damage shock bonus.

But with spark you are doing tons of small hits so that will never happen with one.

So am I stuck with a 1% more damage multiplier from my shocks? Or does the shock build up over time and stay on the boss?

I saw all the lightning spells seemed to get increased shock effectiveness of some kind, but not spark. And I don't see how i'd ever have the points to invest in that.

Spark won't be good for applying shock, just use Ele Focus.
Why wouldn't Spark be good?

With the new system it's better than before for Spark since u can actually use Shock on bosses and rares. Due to the nature of the spell, you hit multiple times per second the same monsters. Even if you do only a few % of the monster's life, you can shock him for a few % more damage during 2 seconds, and the next hit will then do a little more damage so a bit better shock and so on and so on.

Before, you could shock reliably on trash mobs, which had no impact, and nothing on bigger mobs. This is much much better.
"
Faatality wrote:
Why wouldn't Spark be good?

With the new system it's better than before for Spark since u can actually use Shock on bosses and rares. Due to the nature of the spell, you hit multiple times per second the same monsters. Even if you do only a few % of the monster's life, you can shock him for a few % more damage during 2 seconds, and the next hit will then do a little more damage so a bit better shock and so on and so on.

Before, you could shock reliably on trash mobs, which had no impact, and nothing on bigger mobs. This is much much better.

Thanks for response. I still don't get it.

So if I hit a boss with a huge lightning ability for 10% of their life they will take 50% more damage for the duration of the shock.

But with Spark, if I hit a high HP bos for only .5% of their life, I will get like a 2% more damage shock for the duration.

Does each little spark keep upping the level of the shock? Doesn't the value of the shock reset after the duration of the first shock lapses, thus replacing it with the next highest shock I did?

So is it:

A. over the course of 3 seconds I hit them with 50 spark projectiles for a total of 10% of their life and then that gives me the 50% bonus? or

B. It would be more like I get a 2%, then I get a 3%, then 4%, then after 20 seconds maybe I'm at 10% more damage shock?

If the latter is correct, that seems like it isn't very helpful for trash, and isn't very helpful for high HP bosses either :(

Seems like going either non-crit, or crit with ele focus would be better then?

I just don't understand the mechanic.
It's the latter.

Which is good, cause before Spark had no impact on bosses (with shock, bare with me, I'm not saying the entire spell).
Every time you'll shock will be a better shock. Since Spark hits so frequently, you benefit from it.
"
Faatality wrote:
It's the latter.

Which is good, cause before Spark had no impact on bosses (with shock, bare with me, I'm not saying the entire spell).
Every time you'll shock will be a better shock. Since Spark hits so frequently, you benefit from it.

Ok thanks a lot!

Any thoughts on spark mines, spark totems or even spark traps (with the new Tinkerskin)?

I'm always paralyzed by "starting build indecision". It's between ED+contagion (going to feel so much better regardless of damage); Frostbolt totems, or spark...something.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info