6:00am I have a presentation... Topic: Poverty and it's addiction.

In this country thats certainly true. Like here they tried to hire a bunch of low skill people but half on drugs and counldnt pass drug test

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/24/business/economy/drug-test-labor-hiring.html?emc=edit_th_20170725&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=10455554

I believe unless disabled or something there is no excuse for poverty in USA it's all self made. Either drugs, being an idiot, lazy, etc

Maybe a place like Bangladesh who sleep 16 in a room if they have one and no opportunity exists there is an excuse to be poor, not here.

BTW they nothing wrong with being poor or rich. It's a free country or supposed to be. just saying its all choices we make. Read millionaire next door where even low paid janitors end up millionaire with good discipline.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 4, 2017, 1:22:35 AM
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I believe unless disabled or something there is no excuse for poverty in USA it's all self made. Either drugs, being an idiot, lazy, etc

Maybe a place like Bangladesh who sleep 16 in a room if they have one and no opportunity exists there is an excuse to be poor, not here.

Do you still live at home with your parents?
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
being broke is the most expensive thing u can do.... eh?
trolled Fox News in an interview... wound up famous. thx for the virility humans!
https://youtu.be/hkK-gI7xAP4
"...I'm one of the heroes." lol
"
Smoke_Dawg wrote:

hell yeah being broke costs a ton,

despite the fact that its very affordable
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Smoke_Dawg wrote:

"got a ticket because i could afford a parking pass - ended up: had to buy both"
"couldnt afford insurance, so i had to spend 30,000 on my fucked up ___"
"couldnt afford my new fancy tv so i got one on a best buy credit card, for a SWEEET deal - 21%! no idea what my balance is; but ill worry bout that later... seen the remote?"
"couldnt afford a dentist, so had to pay 3000 when half my face rotted out"
"cant afford a home, so i pay aprox the same as a mortgage would cost, give or take; for something ill never own. its a studio apartment - 800/month by myself, so im like... winning. DUDE, speaking of... how bout my neighbors... they pay 1000/month and its only like.. 50% larger than mine, and its two ppl! arent they fucking idiots! haha cracks me up! what fucking dumbasses."

Amoritbiliazationnnz schedule? huh?

"no money down, low monthly payments? SIGN ME THE FUCK UP RIGHT NOW! What am i bout to buy, neways;
and what direction do i sprint? U say dodge; as in like.. Dodge RAM?! AMI I GETTING A 50K TRUCK WIT THIS SWEET DEAL?! OH boy, ive always wanted a 50k truck. Huh - depreciation? that like some middle eastern country or something? SHH, shh shhh! theres the salesman! Excuse me.. sir.. SIR!"

"ehemm... im a responsible, middle aged individual who has a wife and 2 kids. People in my society truely respect me for all that ive achieved. I've really got it going on. I make a whopping 40k/yr, blow 50% on beer, 25% on fur coats of the finest quality, some on my loans (i think). the rest... i earn working HARD to provide for my family!!! YUP, living the dream. Oh, strange - why do you have a picture of my house, up there? Neways, My employers match me at some 6% or somethin percent on my 401G, no wait... 401...L? that 401 thing (which - according to EVERYONE - is the SHIT!) It must be because they love me alot for workin so hard - nothing to do with their tax brackets... no, sir! And really.. i like the sense of a rush/thrill it gives me too... knowing that if i touch my own money earlier than someone else would like me to - BOOM, PENALIZED = AND FUCKING TAXED TOO! or like... i may never live to see it or something bc its many years from now. haha! or like... like right before i retire. POOF! 40% less money, an already less than adequate (and far too late bloomed) concern for the entire notion of it all; and the other 2 legs of the '3legged stool of retirement shot to shit" (socSec bein the largest (the one i pay most in taxes ofc)). HAHA! SHIT'S A RUSH TO THINK ABOUT! Cant wait till monday!"

which btw - not like ANY body's likely to give 2 shits; but in the finance industry, these days... guess what one of the largest things being sold as 'retirement' is these days, is.... an insurance policy! (IUL). Insurance isnt even a 'for profit,' contract, for anyone, ever (in their, or IRS's). Its just that nowadays everyone paying attention (the few there are)... they dont kno wuts in store for the upcoming generations (millenials (me) and younger). all neone knows is that the shit thats worked for the oldest remaining americans is literally no longer an option. he funny thing is; id take an IUL over a 401k all day (maybe even over a roth IRA); simply bc youll never lose (they have ceilings, but more importantly... floors, on their balances), u can touch it when u want (google infinite banking btw; SOME interesting points, as far as that goes); and u CAN end up with a nice retirement income if u focus on the cashflow side (more so that the death benefit side), when it comes time to retire. BUT... thats all assuming u pay premiums 40yrs faithfully witout lapsing somewhere bc of hard times 20yrs from the policy's creation or some shit, for god knows what - bc after all "jobs are safe, right?" lol. Also, theyll prolly try to buy you out halfway down the line bc they're not getting as large of an end of the stick as their asses would like (and most ppl would prolly accept that deal too)... if not, they might try to weasel out of it some how, neways.
And its not like ANYBDOY in a consumerist society, here in 2017 gives two shits about anything other than "hmmm... made 300 this week or some shit.... paid bills.... that leaves me with... 20! sweet, just enough to go spend $5 in gas going down town, to blow the 15 on 3 beers, and for you to lemme bum off u all damn night too. shit... whens friday going to come agina?!" ps. annuities are actually pretty straight, now that they popped into my head. u can even profit from them if u live longer than expected; but good luck bc u dont have the lump sum necesssary to get one (the point of this whole forum post, neways), and their actuary tables' samples sizes are so largee, u couldnt hope to know more than they would, about whats LIKELY to be your fate. and surely - in a capitalist society -u can basically bet money theyve worked in a lil cushion for themselves just in case too. if i had aids, would they cover me? prolly not (or at least witout an insane premium). so if im young and healthy, they will? yup. "So... if they're willing to cover me; they're convinced that theyll get the better end of the stick.... so i SHOULDNT get one, then; right?" TBH... good question lol. I kno for MY, CAR insurnace.... literally, not a single fucking dollar ive paid for almost 15 years... not 1... literally... has been worth it. ofc ive never wrecked and shit; but theres a nother tally to THAT sample size.

neways hungry af. im outta here. OH and shit, for those of u still hangin in here... maybe this shit interests u (im assuming ud be smashing monsters in a virtual reality right now, otherwise, 3.0 FoO bein fresh and all). in that case, here - u might like these. i sure did back in the day:
1. : http://www.lequydonhanoi.edu.vn/upload_images/S%C3%A1ch%20ngo%E1%BA%A1i%20ng%E1%BB%AF/Rich%20Dad%20Poor%20Dad.pdf
2 : cant find book (maybe audio's out there on yourube or something (definitely worth listening to, in ur care otw to work or some shit tho)) - same auther; 2nd book; cash flow quadrant.
3. one more thing. ppl say 'loopholes' when it comes to taxes. think of them as incentives to do business in ways that benefit both investors/businesses, AND the politicians that give said tax 'loopholes' out.... and u can also think of the word 'loophole' to be analogous/interchangle with 'section.' why? bc thats what they're called in title 26 (section 1031; 1035 aldl that shit). here ya go. http://uscode.house.gov/ <--- go ham. its nice to know this iformation; sadly, most of us are simply frivolous little employees without sense of delayed gratification or belief that nething in the world outside of the cubicle is possible; thus never pursued. we'll work for the least of all income-earners (of the 4 quadrants, in that book, u could say); we'll be taxed the hardest (and care the least) despite being in a progressive tax system (bc the gove doesnt have any 'incentives'/sections/loopholes for us; nor can we manipulate our earnings and expenses strategically like businesses), allll while we compete in the job (or income) market that has the largest amount of competition by far, for the least amount of money, in a capitalist society that aims for profits (thus cuts expenses (thus ur payckeck) juuuust enough to keep u there, and not leaving to work for a competitor).....smh... though i canut cant remember what all the OP said other than the title im able to readatm... hope SOMEONE got something out of this.. doubt it thow - 30min gone.. i tried! lol peace
trolled Fox News in an interview... wound up famous. thx for the virility humans!
https://youtu.be/hkK-gI7xAP4
"...I'm one of the heroes." lol
"
Smoke_Dawg wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Smoke_Dawg wrote:

"got a ticket because i could afford a parking pass - ended up: had to buy both"
"couldnt afford insurance, so i had to spend 30,000 on my fucked up ___"
"couldnt afford my new fancy tv so i got one on a best buy credit card, for a SWEEET deal - 21%! no idea what my balance is; but ill worry bout that later... seen the remote?"
"couldnt afford a dentist, so had to pay 3000 when half my face rotted out"
"cant afford a home, so i pay aprox the same as a mortgage would cost, give or take; for something ill never own. its a studio apartment - 800/month by myself, so im like... winning. DUDE, speaking of... how bout my neighbors... they pay 1000/month and its only like.. 50% larger than mine, and its two ppl! arent they fucking idiots! haha cracks me up! what fucking dumbasses."

Amoritbiliazationnnz schedule? huh?

"no money down, low monthly payments? SIGN ME THE FUCK UP RIGHT NOW! What am i bout to buy, neways;
and what direction do i sprint? U say dodge; as in like.. Dodge RAM?! AMI I GETTING A 50K TRUCK WIT THIS SWEET DEAL?! OH boy, ive always wanted a 50k truck. Huh - depreciation? that like some middle eastern country or something? SHH, shh shhh! theres the salesman! Excuse me.. sir.. SIR!"

"ehemm... im a responsible, middle aged individual who has a wife and 2 kids. People in my society truely respect me for all that ive achieved. I've really got it going on. I make a whopping 40k/yr, blow 50% on beer, 25% on fur coats of the finest quality, some on my loans (i think). the rest... i earn working HARD to provide for my family!!! YUP, living the dream. Oh, strange - why do you have a picture of my house, up there? Neways, My employers match me at some 6% or somethin percent on my 401G, no wait... 401...L? that 401 thing (which - according to EVERYONE - is the SHIT!) It must be because they love me alot for workin so hard - nothing to do with their tax brackets... no, sir! And really.. i like the sense of a rush/thrill it gives me too... knowing that if i touch my own money earlier than someone else would like me to - BOOM, PENALIZED = AND FUCKING TAXED TOO! or like... i may never live to see it or something bc its many years from now. haha! or like... like right before i retire. POOF! 40% less money, an already less than adequate (and far too late bloomed) concern for the entire notion of it all; and the other 2 legs of the '3legged stool of retirement shot to shit" (socSec bein the largest (the one i pay most in taxes ofc)). HAHA! SHIT'S A RUSH TO THINK ABOUT! Cant wait till monday!"

which btw - not like ANY body's likely to give 2 shits; but in the finance industry, these days... guess what one of the largest things being sold as 'retirement' is these days, is.... an insurance policy! (IUL). Insurance isnt even a 'for profit,' contract, for anyone, ever (in their, or IRS's). Its just that nowadays everyone paying attention (the few there are)... they dont kno wuts in store for the upcoming generations (millenials (me) and younger). all neone knows is that the shit thats worked for the oldest remaining americans is literally no longer an option. he funny thing is; id take an IUL over a 401k all day (maybe even over a roth IRA); simply bc youll never lose (they have ceilings, but more importantly... floors, on their balances), u can touch it when u want (google infinite banking btw; SOME interesting points, as far as that goes); and u CAN end up with a nice retirement income if u focus on the cashflow side (more so that the death benefit side), when it comes time to retire. BUT... thats all assuming u pay premiums 40yrs faithfully witout lapsing somewhere bc of hard times 20yrs from the policy's creation or some shit, for god knows what - bc after all "jobs are safe, right?" lol. Also, theyll prolly try to buy you out halfway down the line bc they're not getting as large of an end of the stick as their asses would like (and most ppl would prolly accept that deal too)... if not, they might try to weasel out of it some how, neways.
And its not like ANYBDOY in a consumerist society, here in 2017 gives two shits about anything other than "hmmm... made 300 this week or some shit.... paid bills.... that leaves me with... 20! sweet, just enough to go spend $5 in gas going down town, to blow the 15 on 3 beers, and for you to lemme bum off u all damn night too. shit... whens friday going to come agina?!" ps. annuities are actually pretty straight, now that they popped into my head. u can even profit from them if u live longer than expected; but good luck bc u dont have the lump sum necesssary to get one (the point of this whole forum post, neways), and their actuary tables' samples sizes are so largee, u couldnt hope to know more than they would, about whats LIKELY to be your fate. and surely - in a capitalist society -u can basically bet money theyve worked in a lil cushion for themselves just in case too. if i had aids, would they cover me? prolly not (or at least witout an insane premium). so if im young and healthy, they will? yup. "So... if they're willing to cover me; they're convinced that theyll get the better end of the stick.... so i SHOULDNT get one, then; right?" TBH... good question lol. I kno for MY, CAR insurnace.... literally, not a single fucking dollar ive paid for almost 15 years... not 1... literally... has been worth it. ofc ive never wrecked and shit; but theres a nother tally to THAT sample size.

neways hungry af. im outta here. OH and shit, for those of u still hangin in here... maybe this shit interests u (im assuming ud be smashing monsters in a virtual reality right now, otherwise, 3.0 FoO bein fresh and all). in that case, here - u might like these. i sure did back in the day:
1. : http://www.lequydonhanoi.edu.vn/upload_images/S%C3%A1ch%20ngo%E1%BA%A1i%20ng%E1%BB%AF/Rich%20Dad%20Poor%20Dad.pdf
2 : cant find book (maybe audio's out there on yourube or something (definitely worth listening to, in ur care otw to work or some shit tho)) - same auther; 2nd book; cash flow quadrant.
3. one more thing. ppl say 'loopholes' when it comes to taxes. think of them as incentives to do business in ways that benefit both investors/businesses, AND the politicians that give said tax 'loopholes' out.... and u can also think of the word 'loophole' to be analogous/interchangle with 'section.' why? bc thats what they're called in title 26 (section 1031; 1035 aldl that shit). here ya go. http://uscode.house.gov/ <--- go ham. its nice to know this iformation; sadly, most of us are simply frivolous little employees without sense of delayed gratification or belief that nething in the world outside of the cubicle is possible; thus never pursued. we'll work for the least of all income-earners (of the 4 quadrants, in that book, u could say); we'll be taxed the hardest (and care the least) despite being in a progressive tax system (bc the gove doesnt have any 'incentives'/sections/loopholes for us; nor can we manipulate our earnings and expenses strategically like businesses), allll while we compete in the job (or income) market that has the largest amount of competition by far, for the least amount of money, in a capitalist society that aims for profits (thus cuts expenses (thus ur payckeck) juuuust enough to keep u there, and not leaving to work for a competitor).....smh... though i canut cant remember what all the OP said other than the title im able to readatm... hope SOMEONE got something out of this.. doubt it thow - 30min gone.. i tried! lol peace

Exactly what my presentation was about, emotional highs and lows of money. The instant gratification in poverty... ^.^. Man did I get grilled when I told the audience how 401k plays on individuals emotions.

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Most of the above is a garbled mess without any obvious conclusions other than most Americans don't understand money.

These folks have been making serious efforts to change how hourly workers think about money and provide solutions to the pain of living paycheck to paycheck.

http://moneyandmeuniversity.com

Most, if not all, whole life (ie non term) insurance and annuity plans are just scams foisted on the ignorant. The "bank on yourself" insurance/savings/pay yourself back models are also.

401k plans with a employer match is free money to the employee and the Roth version even better. The problem is that they are financial programs offered to workers who don't understand investments at any level. They appear to be fancy savings accounts and are often used as such. 401Ks do not solve the paycheck to paycheck problem and are not meant to. They are designed to solve a problem that many hourly workers haven't even imagined yet.

The Money&Me type programs linked above are the first step in helping the working poor to improve their financial situation.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Last edited by ChanBalam on Aug 13, 2017, 6:00:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info