Development Manifesto: Balance Changes to Chill, Shock, and Charges

Stop listening to redit.... Legit they were good changes! People complain because that is what people do. The changes were good, they changed the game in a good way. Let's face it power charges are useless for casters unless they are crit. We are forced to take frenzy and that is all. Where as crit can take both. The spell damage would have really been nice. Redit is dumb
I like the changes. Don't worry of the past, only the future!
NANI
"
xion63 wrote:
Wait? Did they just bend over backwards for the cry babies???

yes.

and as a thank you reddit additionally fucked them by deliberately misunderstanding their statement that they tested the million dps build's damage output on dummies in a way that they also tested the build's survivalility on them...

at which point in time did the game attract so many malicious assholes? i have no idea what turned players caring for a challenging gameplay into players only looking for their personal advantage and "their builds".

players that can't even get the basic concept of unique items having drawbacks that serve special purposes only and require the need to build around them.

i'm at a point where i think ggg communicated too much internals because they don't get the appreciation from the playerbase anymore for their decisions. i could puke when i read "we did it, reddit", yeah, you losers gained a general nerf for power charges instead a buff to it's spell damage. you did it, you got rect and highly deserved it. *slow clap*
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I guess i will save 6 points by ignoring Power Charges again and loose 28% dmg
thx crying Reddit
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
HYPED
"
Wilde79 wrote:
Since it seems like peer pressure and spamming is the way to get changes into the game, I would like to announce that I want the charge changes back in the 3.0 release, and until that I will spam the forums trying to make it seem there is a huge amount of people posting.

Thank you.

lol
"Too Wierd To Live... Too Rare To Die...."
Personal Motto

Finally made it to lvl 100... Only took me 3 years...:) :(
"
Kakoda wrote:
Stop listening to redit.... Legit they were good changes! People complain because that is what people do. The changes were good, they changed the game in a good way. Let's face it power charges are useless for casters unless they are crit. We are forced to take frenzy and that is all. Where as crit can take both. The spell damage would have really been nice. Redit is dumb

The issue is you're viewing a change in isolation and not as a whole, the changes sucked as a whole, making power charges useful for non-crit was an interesting avenue but while everybody playing a vanilla caster was jumping for joy (EO performs very similarly to crit anyway) they completely ignored the #1 problem with power charges - they are awful to generate, you weren't going to see non-crit casters everywhere stacking power charges just like they already don't stack frenzy for just that reason.

About the only way to generate pcharges as a non-crit build is to swapslot jaws of agony, all of the other methods are wasteful (Assassins mark) or just such low chance you'll never sustain (low crit + PCoC) or require trickster lol , if your gonna waste gem slots or a curse to get power charges as a non-crit caster you can already do that and get frenzies it was just a currently pointless change.

When they want to change power charges in the future and add a bonus like they initially mentioned they just need to think it through and do it properly, change the charge generation, change the uniques and make sure frenzy casters retain viability.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Aug 1, 2017, 6:53:19 AM
Draegnarrr - Well there´s Overcharged passive for generating PC for non crit users but your point is right. I think current state of the charges isn´t rly bad (FC are a bit OP compared to others) but I wouldn´t mind to provide some bonus on PC for non crit users.
Generating PC might be a problem though. Maybe add an extra passive similar to overcharged (to the marauder´s area) and/or special gem similar to PCoC (smth like you have a %chance to gain a PC on non crit hit).
Last edited by Rakiii on Aug 1, 2017, 7:20:38 AM
It's great to see you guys at GGG are listening to feedback, and aren't afraid to make changes if need be. Keep up the good work!

Is there any word on the CI changes?... Will they go live as announced in the manifesto, or will there be changes to what was mentioned in the manifesto?

Can't wait to play 3.0.0.!
sarannah101 - you will see tomorrow when patch nodes hit the table:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info