[3.0] - The Devotee - Blood Magic & Low Life Necromancer Aurabot

Hello there,

"
Cultureeeee wrote:
Got Question , how do you exactly level this kind of build in full man party?when do you switch to aurabot and when its good time to go low life thanks :)

Well, I think everyone level differently, however I always level up with the same mate so I do a mix of Summoner / Support until I can run most of my auras. SRS + Zombies + Decoy Totem with some auras is my way of doing.

As explained, I'm support from level 1 to 100 ^^ But if you want a flat transition I'd say around 70-75 where you can end up with a good amount of ES and manage many auras.

For the Low Life part, when you feel comfortable with your ES and Defenses and have either a Shav or Solaris Lorica.
And the unrighteous were turned to ash!
such huge nerfs to us. i really dont think having an aurabot is worth having another dps party member at this point. all we can hope for is buffs down the line
Hello (downtime answers :'()

"
Gaarashatan1 wrote:
such huge nerfs to us. i really dont think having an aurabot is worth having another dps party member at this point. all we can hope for is buffs down the line

I was thinking about the same at first, but with good optimization and a not fully aura oriented Bot (so with curses) I think the damage boost can still be quite important in many cases. Well, I'll need some tests during the League to check if I'm right or not, but that's my feeling for now.
Thanks for the follow-up everyday :)
Reading it, and leveling my support char as a reroll to play with my casual friends when they are around ! I can't wait to finish the story with them to start supporting for real !
Hey there,

"
Alio wrote:
Thanks for the follow-up everyday :)
Reading it, and leveling my support char as a reroll to play with my casual friends when they are around ! I can't wait to finish the story with them to start supporting for real !

About the daily follow-up, it is useful to both, me and everyone reading the guide. It gives me the opportunity to keep tracks of everything to plan for future league / content, and gives everyone else an idea on how the build can progress on fresh league.
The leveling process can be boring since you neither deal great damage nor have great group utility.
But yeah, once you get the level and gear required, the real fun starts (yeah, it is quite fun to play support).
I hope my guide help you enjoy your gameplay with your friends :D
Been wanting to do a necro support for a while now so I started one up the other day. Stumbled upon your guide and I appreciate the daily updates to everything and letting us know your progress and thoughts behind everything. Helps me to compare my thought process with yours.

I have an issue where I am around level 70 and only have around 5k ES. Mind looking at my profile and seeing what could be the problem (char name MisterFistYourSister on HC Harbinger)? I know more levels and nodes will help. I just don't know how you had 6.4k ES on day 2 lol. Also, I can only run 8 auras at the moment, not really sure how to run more without higher enlightens.
Last edited by drastik88 on Aug 8, 2017, 9:31:25 PM
"
drastik88 wrote:

I have an issue where I am around level 70 and only have around 5k ES. Mind looking at my profile and seeing what could be the problem (char name MisterFistYourSister on HC Harbinger)? I know more levels and nodes will help. I just don't know how you had 6.4k ES on day 2 lol. Also, I can only run 8 auras at the moment, not really sure how to run more without higher enlightens.

Gonna throw my two cents in. Written In Blood nodes are worse, than 6% es nodes. You should only take WIB (not the full cluster) if you have a Presence of Chayula. Also idk about Iron Reflexes, I get, that it's cute with Determination and all that, but I'd say Determination itself is very far from beign a priority aura to run. You can try to get better gloves aswell, resistances and dex aren't necessary, just go for high es.

You didn't take Leadership, other than that, I see no problems with reservation, I run 9 auras + 2 blasphemies with the same setup.
"
Yaooooo wrote:
"
drastik88 wrote:

Gonna throw my two cents in. Written In Blood nodes are worse, than 6% es nodes. You should only take WIB (not the full cluster) if you have a Presence of Chayula. Also idk about Iron Reflexes, I get, that it's cute with Determination and all that, but I'd say Determination itself is very far from beign a priority aura to run. You can try to get better gloves aswell, resistances and dex aren't necessary, just go for high es.

You didn't take Leadership, other than that, I see no problems with reservation, I run 9 auras + 2 blasphemies with the same setup.

I didn't even notice that I skipped over Leadership. I also prioritized the Determination aura because I'm playing hardcore with a friend that spaces out a lot, so I can't always rely on him to kill everything before it kills me.
Hello there to both of you,

"
drastik88 wrote:
Been wanting to do a necro support for a while now so I started one up the other day. Stumbled upon your guide and I appreciate the daily updates to everything and letting us know your progress and thoughts behind everything. Helps me to compare my thought process with yours.

So first of all, as Yaooooo said after, Written in Blood is not good for our build. Even with Presence of Chayula, I am not sure I would go for it.
Secondly, Iron Reflexes is not worth a penny to me for 2 reasons : 6 points investment for a single Notable & Armor is, for me, just a useless stat. At first I was using Iron Reflexes too but with time I learned that more Energy Shield > more Armor. This stat is badly made and does not work like you would expect it to.
Thirdly, as Yaooooo said once again, missing Leadership node and one aura effect node on Sovereignty.
Overall, you will have, at some point, to get higher Enlighten to manage everything smoothly.

"
Yaooooo wrote:

Pretty good two cents analysis :D
But I disagree with a point, dexterity is necessary. You need either 155 (level 20 auras) or 159 (level 21 auras) dexterity. And besides some on the Skill Tree, Prism Guardian, Chayula Amulet, you have to get some on your gloves. I am running 41 Dexterity gloves which puts me at 160 Dexterity, which is about the perfect amount....

"
drastik88 wrote:
I didn't even notice that I skipped over Leadership. I also prioritized the Determination aura because I'm playing hardcore with a friend that spaces out a lot, so I can't always rely on him to kill everything before it kills me.

Getting Blasphemy Auras with Enfeeble or/and Temporal Chains will have a better effect for both of you than Determination, I can assure you.
Last edited by Kormir on Aug 9, 2017, 2:54:48 AM
"
Kormir wrote:
So first of all, as Yaooooo said after, Written in Blood is not good for our build. Even with Presence of Chayula, I am not sure I would go for it.

Yeah, that's more of a 'fine tuning', es gain is actually miserable.

"
Kormir wrote:
Pretty good two cents analysis :D
But I disagree with a point, dexterity is necessary. You need either 155 (level 20 auras) or 159 (level 21 auras) dexterity. And besides some on the Skill Tree, Prism Guardian, Chayula Amulet, you have to get some on your gloves. I am running 41 Dexterity gloves which puts me at 160 Dexterity, which is about the perfect amount....

Well, thank you :D
I tried to say that getting decent dex gloves can be tricky since it inflates the price so much, so you can take 30 dex nodes for the time being.

"
drastik88 wrote:
I also prioritized the Determination aura because I'm playing hardcore with a friend that spaces out a lot, so I can't always rely on him to kill everything before it kills me.

You might wannna take a look at what top HC necros do then: curses, es shield, cwdt + ic setup and so on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info