I Broke Kraityn

Thanks for the info, I was hoping it was just something wrong with Kraityn and similar monsters! I guess if you know which skills you used, that'd be helpful!
Balance & Design
"
Rory wrote:
Thanks for the info, I was hoping it was just something wrong with Kraityn and similar monsters! I guess if you know which skills you used, that'd be helpful!

Did you miss the second video I linked? Rhoa?
Something different is definitely going on between the Rhoa and Kraityn - Kraityn isn't even playing an animation. I think the Rhoa was probably just out of sync, so the client thought it was idle, but it was in fact somewhere else just chillin', or maybe attacking you but you were dodging a lot or moving faster than it. The video of Kraityn definitely had him completely frozen though.
Balance & Design
"
Rory wrote:

We were a Ranger using Frenzy (Pierce) and Poison Arrow (Added Lightning Damage, Added Cold Damage) and a Templar with Avatar of Fire using Heavy Strike (Weapon Elemental Damage).
"
Rory wrote:
Something different is definitely going on between the Rhoa and Kraityn - Kraityn isn't even playing an animation. I think the Rhoa was probably just out of sync, so the client thought it was idle, but it was in fact somewhere else just chillin', or maybe attacking you but you were dodging a lot or moving faster than it. The video of Kraityn definitely had him completely frozen though.

After watching them both again I definitely see what you mean about Kraityn's animation being completely stopped vs. the Rhoa which was playing a looped idle animation or something. But I am fairly certain this wasn't a typical out of sync issue and the mob was broken for three reasons:

-I was stationary long enough from 0:26 until 0:42 for it to proc at least one tempest shield zap or damage my energy shield (my evasion is 11%)
-The first molten shell explosion at 1:33 would've definitely killed the Rhoa if it was aggro'd on me and not broken.
-The second molten shell at 1:45 kills Rhoa and you can see a mace fall where it dies showing its actual position.

Oddities:
-at 0:44 lightning strike causes shocked debuff on Rhoa (looks like the positioning is in question due to when the debuff wears off it happens in the water near the skeleton I was fighting, and also after returning from the Hillock twins Rhoa moves further down the shoreline)

I regret not trying to cast elemental weakness on the Rhoa as I did Kraityn ><
"
Rory wrote:

After watching both the videos (which I should have done before -- sorry!) I realize that what happened to Brutus is what happened to the Rhoa, not what happened to Kraityn. He was stuck in his idle animation.
I can report this still happening in 0.9.7 (on my first playthrough).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info