Overgrown Lookout (Leo's Overgrown Hideout)

Click for the latest version

2017/07/27th

Welcome to my hideout! The theme of my hideout is domestic and comforting- this isn't the kind of place Malachai and friends would hang out. Instead, the Overgrown Tower is a a peaceful, corruption-free corner of Wraeclast away from Wraeclast. It is somewhere livable where exiles can tell stories while ignoring poe.trade messages.

I've been working on this hideout on and off for the past year, though if you condense the timeline, the total construction time is probably somewhere around a few days. Like in our world, it appears construction delays also plague the poe universe as well.

Video (0:47s)

Portal entrance:

The idea is a magical rift piercing through the ground. Fun fact, originally, I executed this idea using the accidentally released hideout decorations. The look was more organic and a cross between Core and the Labyrinth.

qC3NhHV

Trading post:

In reality, most people prefer to trade standing by the portal entrance and communicate via yelling. T4T, GL HF DD.

HgZZjJB

Sleepy village:

Rumors suggest that part of the reason for the lengthy construction was due to suspicious dealings with the housing contractor: Vorici.

ixjS9Ol

Magical map tree

Maps go here.

5FoAWqG

More fun facts
Spoiler

- The tower theme is represented by Cata's Fellshrine Ruin and Church Wall decoration pieces scattered along the ascent to the map tree.

- If you consider the original layout of the Overgrown Hideout, having grass platforms and concrete steps makes no sense at all. Who is it that manicures the perfect grass-stair boundaries? Who is it that trims the grass?

- There are very few decorations that are suitable for the Overgrown Hideout's lighting conditions and color scheme. Plz give gave the accidentally released decorations!

Visitors are welcome! Lets talk decorating! Hideout is located on standard, hmu: fists_like_antennas.

Last edited by polygone on Feb 15, 2018 12:02:18 PM
Last bumped on Feb 16, 2018 3:06:23 PM
2018/2/15th update

Welcome to my hideout! The theme of my hideout is domestic and comfortable- this isn't the kind of place Malachai and friends would hang out. Instead, the Overgrown Tower is a a peaceful, corruption-free corner of Wraeclast away from Wraeclast.

Video here!

fb645pu
We have WiFi!

Spoiler
Credits for the machinery idea to Sie_Sayoko

c2cohId
World-class dining!

1EMDe1i
Luxurious housing

OyzhGQd
Historical sites (tourist traps)

hL6JAav
Things to do and see!

Last edited by polygone on Feb 15, 2018 11:18:07 AM
Nice dude, i like it, took inspiration from your Ho to make mine (Leo).

Can u upload the images to imgur?

Thanks.

Just got my Leo lvl 7.
Greek Community!
Ty! They are hosted on imgur, you can right click then open image in new tab or equivalent for the full-size image.

Or, album: https://imgur.com/a/FBRsn
Last edited by polygone on Feb 15, 2018 11:21:16 AM
IRRELEVANT, reshaped and updated
It looks great. You can push the blue lighting for the machines further by using Zana's Birdcage and the lightning variants of the MTX.
"
Completed 36 ChallengesSie_Sayoka wrote:
It looks great. You can push the blue lighting for the machines further by using Zana's Birdcage and the lightning variants of the MTX.

Ty! What do you mean by lightning variant of the MTX?

It does bother me how there are both blue and orange lighting elements there atm, will probably end up going with either orange or blue.

Also, added to the machine! Went with the idea of machine+nature, or call it cyborg?

OB1rJBJ

Last edited by polygone on Feb 16, 2018 1:07:37 AM
The Transformer MTX has some variants with lightning but I guess its a bit too subtle.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info