Will Marijuana Become Legal Everywhere Eventually?

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I think Sessions is not particularly wrong on facts but is wrong on strategy. I think smoking marijuana does make one a worse person and that marijuana is almost as bad as heroin. However, I also think that Christianity is wrong about the existence of God and that Christianity is almost as bad as Islam. This belief set does not mean that, if I was in government, that my job would be to eliminate organized religion within the US. I would need to respect the First Amendment, and if for whatever reason the freedom of religion was not yet codified as a right, it would behoove me to recognize it anyway as a hidden truth. In the same way, the War on Drugs is morally wrong on such a basic level that no amount of moral truth on drug use can justify it; the core principle is that such morality should not be legislated into reality.

how can you saw that Sessions is not wrong? marijuana is almost as bad as heroin ? really? Nobody has ever been able to back up that statement with facts.........Where are all of the medical benefits of heroin that there are with marijuana? People die from heroin. how many people have died from marijuana. Hopefully you aren't one who drinks beer, or any other type of alcohol drug, because that would make you a hypocrite, just saying......I'm not saying you do drink alcohol, you probably don't, but I find too many people who are against alcohol have no problem having alcoholic drinks.......
Last edited by Mentoya on Jul 27, 2017, 10:46:35 AM
"
Mentoya wrote:
After being around those that drink compared to those that smoke, I'd much rather be around those who smoke any day!!!!

I've been around all of them, those who drink, those who smoke and those who drink and smoke (the vast majority, lol)... none are doing particularity stellar in their lives. Marijuana wont eat up your livers, it will eat up your brain instead. You are just replacing one poison with a different poison.

That said, I'm for legalization, tho under the condition of not having to pay for your detox rehabilitation in the future. Go ahead, smoke whatever you want, just on your own responsibility.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Crackmonster wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:
I'm against weed becoming legal because it's a strain on the health care system we have in Canada. If whoever smoked weed was exempt from free treatments because of their choice to smoke it, then I wouldn't mind it becoming legal, although not in public space (the smell is AWFUL).

Strain on the health system my ass. Fat foods and shitty fastfood are damn near an infinitely greater threat.

These are the types of far out counter arguments that people cling to.

It's not a far reaching argument. The strain is additive and since food is legal, it's currently a much bigger strain. The real impact of marijuana will show itself, when/if it becomes legal. Not to mention weed creates an appetite, so they will work well together ;)

I'm pro legalization, just with the caveat that any possible marijuana-linked rehabilitation costs should not be covered by the universal healthcare.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:
After being around those that drink compared to those that smoke, I'd much rather be around those who smoke any day!!!!

I've been around all of them, those who drink, those who smoke and those who drink and smoke (the vast majority, lol)... none are doing particularity stellar in their lives. Marijuana wont eat up your livers, it will eat up your brain instead. You are just replacing one poison with a different poison.

That said, I'm for legalization, tho under the condition of not having to pay for your detox rehabilitation in the future. Go ahead, smoke whatever you want, just on your own responsibility.

The problem is, you are equating this with those who do it ALL the time, burnouts and alcoholics basically.......So the question is, what about those who have a joint every once in awhile just to relax and unwind? like those who have a beer every once in awhile just to do the same?, because there are plenty of those that exist.....That's what gets me, anytime someone has an argument against marijuana, they always focus on those who do it all day long(burnouts).....That's like me saying, you an't have a beer, because I've been around lots of alcoholics and they are no good...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjMno3z841E

really poor quality but to me it illustrates the major downside of smoking weed especially at a young age
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjMno3z841E

really poor quality but to me it illustrates the major downside of smoking weed especially at a young age

I'm sure I can find one about the downfalls of drinking beer at a young age as well.....
That should be pretty easy for me to find.
"
Mentoya wrote:
So the question is, what about those who have a joint every once in awhile just to relax and unwind?

Well, in high school I had it just "once in a while", basically just over the weekends. But my friends went from smoking "once in a while" to every day, then to several times a day, until they couldn't even concentrate for studies, unless they were high...

Weed is addictive too. It's viewed a "better" vice mostly because contrary to alcohol, you don't become an incapacitated danger to yourself and your environment while high.

But sure "once in a while", there is no harm ;)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jul 27, 2017, 11:15:30 AM
They'll tax air eventually. They already tax water in many places. Pot was made illegal so they could tax alcohol. Now that they've figured out how to tax pot, they'll start legalizing it. It's about money... not about health or morality.
"
Mentoya wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I think Sessions is not particularly wrong on facts but is wrong on strategy. I think smoking marijuana does make one a worse person and that marijuana is almost as bad as heroin. However, I also think that Christianity is wrong about the existence of God and that Christianity is almost as bad as Islam. This belief set does not mean that, if I was in government, that my job would be to eliminate organized religion within the US. I would need to respect the First Amendment, and if for whatever reason the freedom of religion was not yet codified as a right, it would behoove me to recognize it anyway as a hidden truth. In the same way, the War on Drugs is morally wrong on such a basic level that no amount of moral truth on drug use can justify it; the core principle is that such morality should not be legislated into reality.
how can you saw that Sessions is not wrong? marijuana is almost as bad as heroin ? really? Nobody has ever been able to back up that statement with facts.........Where are all of the medical benefits of heroin that there are with marijuana? People die from heroin. how many people have died from marijuana. Hopefully you aren't one who drinks beer, or any other type of alcohol drug, because that would make you a hypocrite, just saying......I'm not saying you do drink alcohol, you probably don't, but I find too many people who are against alcohol have no problem having alcoholic drinks.......
If it wasn't clear enough, I don't think heroin should be illegal. I believe that the use and abuse of legalized heroin would roughly equal the use and abuse of alcohol under current conditions, in terms of severity if not in terms of popularity.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Also, I can post several videos that talk about the medical benefits of marijuana. But not so much for benefits of alcohol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info