Will Marijuana Become Legal Everywhere Eventually?

I'm against weed becoming legal because it's a strain on the health care system we have in Canada. If whoever smoked weed was exempt from free treatments because of their choice to smoke it, then I wouldn't mind it becoming legal, although not in public space (the smell is AWFUL).
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Fun fact: I'm stocked on a drug *way* stronger than marijuana as a result of a bunch of operations over the past few years. I've also developed a tolerance for it, I think. I've also had morphine several times, although when you're in excruciating pain mostly all it does is level you out. And I've had fentanyl enough times to know I'm horribly allergic to it.

And I still won't touch weed. Weird carry-over from my high school and university days, where I saw too many burnouts go nowhere, fast.

That's the thing, just like any drug, it's up to the person to be responsible...... I know plenty of people that smoke week where you would not think they smoke weed just by being around them. Everyone one from engineers, to software developers to business owners and everyone on between..... It's just like alcohol.. But when it comes to burnouts, just like marijuana users, I've known a few alcoholics in my life as well.........Of course they usually don't get violent like alcoholics do.

High school and weed is not a good mix....Too much peer pressure from those who are always stoned, to always get stoned.

better HS than later in life

I'd say it's just the opposite...Most of the adults that I know that smoke it are much more responsible
and established in their careers. I can't say the same for alcohol.............
I doubt it will be legal in the UK for a good while yet. None of the main political parties would risk losing the votes of all the out of touch coffin dodgers who have a lot of voting power and would be firmly against legalisation. Maybe common sense will prevail in 10-20 years time when they are all pushing up the daisies.
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
In Germany, the devil's lettuce won't become legal as long as Merkel is chancellor. So for at least another 20 years.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
faerwin wrote:
I'm against weed becoming legal because it's a strain on the health care system we have in Canada. If whoever smoked weed was exempt from free treatments because of their choice to smoke it, then I wouldn't mind it becoming legal, although not in public space (the smell is AWFUL).

That's not true. Cannabis can be used medicinally for a lot of conditions. It's also a good alternative to a lot of medication that has serious negative side effects.

Cannabis is beneficial to your health if you eat it. Smoking can be harmful to your lungs if you do it a lot, but you can always switch to vaping.
The only recreational drug I need is Path of Exile.
I think Sessions is not particularly wrong on facts but is wrong on strategy. I think smoking marijuana does make one a worse person and that marijuana is almost as bad as heroin. However, I also think that Christianity is wrong about the existence of God and that Christianity is almost as bad as Islam. This belief set does not mean that, if I was in government, that my job would be to eliminate organized religion within the US. I would need to respect the First Amendment, and if for whatever reason the freedom of religion was not yet codified as a right, it would behoove me to recognize it anyway as a hidden truth. In the same way, the War on Drugs is morally wrong on such a basic level that no amount of moral truth on drug use can justify it; the core principle is that such morality should not be legislated into reality.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

McDonald's likes this
It's incredible how much ignorance reigns supreme in those who argue against marijuana - they speak nonsense and convince other fools who don't know shit to believe the nonsense.

But, there is some danger to smoking weed, but it's a danger that probably grows by it not being accepted by society because then smokers have to hide it and then it's harder for them to break out of the bad habit because they keep it hidden and stay with alike minds.

It definitely far more hazardous to your health to drink alcohol than to smoke marijuana, beyond a shadow of a doubt- but one of the dangers about marijuana is that it is also as little damaging as it is and makes you feel good and forget about the worries - compared to alcohol where you feel very fast its not good for your body. There are not many things you can smoke that are as little damaging for your lungs as marijuana - it is surprisingly little harmful. It is also possible to hide it while being around others unlike alcohol which again adds to the danger.

If you smoke weed honestly the first night you smoke it's really good for you and can bring out deep insights and buried feelings in you - but the longer you smoke without stopping the more hazardous it becomes for you, i'd say almost from day two it's reverting from being a constructive experience. Smoke a lot of weed everyday and it will for example suppress your dreams, make you lazy as fuck and hard to deal with things and get on with your life etc.

In many ways its similar to alcohol and should have an open culture and be legal like alcohol, it's healthy in moderation and in particular when you haven't done it in a long time. Alcohol can release your buried feelings but in a more physical way by removing your inhibitions and that can be good too if you haven't had a drink in quite a while, but once you start doing that everyday it becomes far more damaging than marijuana - marijuana for example has little long term effects on your body whereas alcohol is like poison.

Doubt we will see it changing all over the world though - cannabis smokers are peaceful and prefer not to be troubled. Alcohol due to it's social functions of removing inhibitions serve an entire different function in society and the types associated with it are more vocal. You wouldn't see people lose it in the same way as they did under the prohibition if it was alcohol.

It's going to be more of a subtle change like how the attitudes towards sex have changed.. slowly over the generations it's going to spread until wide acceptance. At least that's my guess.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 27, 2017, 8:29:34 AM
"
faerwin wrote:

Strain on the health system my ass. Fat foods and shitty fastfood are damn near an infinitely greater threat.

These are the types of far out counter arguments that people cling to.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info