Account hacked

Hi guys, Today 24-07-17 and 25-07-17 my account has been hacked and almost fully cleared by hackers.

I just recive and email with notice that my last log in was from diffrent location after using unlocking code and login into acc it was almost empty. I dont cry but its sad a bit cuz i lost some amount of currency and items. So my question is can i try to get from GGG last logs to my acc and get an Ip of that guys who robber me? And what else i can do excepting changin my password and email password.
I was using procurent (1y ago) and poe trade macro ( 3-5 months ago) do you think it could be infected by viruses?

Any help from GGG would be great :)

Thanks guys and be carefull with your acc's
Last bumped on Jul 30, 2017, 11:31:26 PM
Nice try, you wont get shit son. Get a better password.
Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
There's a big flaw in your story. The "hackers" would have to know your email password too.

So, you either really need to get smart about internet safety, or you're just here to try to get some handouts from people who do that kind of thing. Nothing to lose really.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
There's a big flaw in your story. The "hackers" would have to know your email password too.

So, you either really need to get smart about internet safety, or you're just here to try to get some handouts from people who do that kind of thing. Nothing to lose really.

I wouldn't call that a "flaw" as it's pretty easy to get into someones email and if they did they wouldnt even need there PoE password.

If they did get in through your email then you need to change ALL of your passwords of any account on any site that is associated with that email.

I highly recommend using unique passwords for every site you visit. You can get a password manager to help you or if your cheap you can always just make a notepad on your computer containing all your passwords. Yea it'll cost you a few extra seconds to log in every time. But consider how much you've just lost and ask yourself if those few extra seconds are worth it.
"
woockieszaman wrote:
Hi guys, Today 24-07-17 and 25-07-17 my account has been hacked and almost fully cleared by hackers.

I just recive and email with notice that my last log in was from diffrent location after using unlocking code and login into acc it was almost empty. I dont cry but its sad a bit cuz i lost some amount of currency and items. So my question is can i try to get from GGG last logs to my acc and get an Ip of that guys who robber me? And what else i can do excepting changin my password and email password.
I was using procurent (1y ago) and poe trade macro ( 3-5 months ago) do you think it could be infected by viruses?

Link account with Steam. Use Steam mobile authentication. Profit. .

I cannot even imagine ever getting hacked on anything.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
woockieszaman wrote:

Link account with Steam. Use Steam mobile authentication. Profit. .

I cannot even imagine ever getting hacked on anything.

safest method for sure
I dont see any any key!
"
Hollowjoints wrote:

I highly recommend using unique passwords for every site you visit. You can get a password manager to help you or if your cheap you can always just make a notepad on your computer containing all your passwords.

You can always shoot yourself in the foot too but I wouldn't recommend it.
NEVER store passwords in textfiles on your pc! NEVER!!!!!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Jul 25, 2017, 12:51:44 PM
How the fuck people even get hacked? I have been playing online games for like 20 years and not a single time my account have been hacked everytime somone says he have been hacked i cant help to think they are either bullshiting or like idiots went to fishy websites and downloaded keylogers on purpose or something
"
How the fuck people even get hacked? I have been playing online games for like 20 years and not a single time my account have been hacked everytime somone says he have been hacked i cant help to think they are either bullshiting or like idiots went to fishy websites and downloaded keylogers on purpose or something

that xd
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
Sorry to hear about this! If ever you suspect your account has been compromised, please contact us immediately at support@grindinggear.com so we can look into it for you.

Chris made a couple of posts a while ago on how intruders gain access to accounts. If you haven't already seen them, they're worth reading:

Regarding Account Security & Theft:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/115464/

Regarding Hacking:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172532/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info