What can I do with my spare 3L?

I have a spare 3L on my frost blades raider and don't know what to do. I guess a CWDT combo is in order but I have no idea what to combine.
Maybe vortex with blind or stun support but that won't affect ranged attack.
Is there something like molten shell for evasion?

Anyway here is my gear:
Spoiler

Last bumped on Jul 27, 2017, 10:14:12 PM
If you can change one of your touch of anguishes to be a 3R 3-link, you could put in cwdt + immortal call + increased duration (and then move the gems currently in that weapon to starkonja's). Despite relying on evasion, never underestimate the power of 0.8 seconds to escape burst damage.

While the above is just a light suggestion, I also highly, highly recommend switching reduced mana on whirling blades for Fortify.
Last edited by codetaku on Jul 24, 2017, 9:52:37 PM
"
cwdt + immortal call + increased duration

I had that a while ago and I saw no difference. Well I guess that if it saves me 1 time, is going to be worth it compared to leaving them empty.

"
While the above is just a light suggestion, I also highly, highly recommend switching reduced mana on whirling blades for Fortify.

I use it to move arround, but I do have fortify to swap.
My next big plan is to turn that armour to a 6L (3R 3B) and add fortify, then I will keep reduced mana with whirling unless there is a better option.
ok, until u got a 6L the golem can go from the hat into the spare socket on the chest. then u put whirling blades, fortify, faster attacks and reduced mana into the hat. Reduced mana could be swapped for blood magic if u have mana issues with ur whirl, presuming u dont have vaal pact, which u might I guess.

either a defensive cwdt in the claw, or another option is orb of storms + powercharge on crit + blind, this can maintain powercharges on bosses where ur curse method will fail you, and blind them which will make ur evasion crazy strong. You can also drop orb of storms on packs of mobs to help generate charges as u go.

When u 6L the armour put the golem where the flurry is, fortify in the chest, move the whirl back to the claw and do orb of storms, pcoc, blind and faster casting in the hat, that will make it proc more.

with a unique chest like that, if ur gonna link it urself prob best to buy a second qotf, i presume theyre dirt cheap, and try and link the second one. Or just buy it already linked, probably cheaper.
You could also try Riposte + PCoC + Inc Crit Strikes to generate power charges. Or CWDT with one of Phase Run, Blood Rage, Arctic Breath, Vortex, Conversion Trap, Decoy Totem, etc., there are lots of options.

Or if you self-cast your golem, you might want to support it with Minion Life and Minion Resistances.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
put whirling blades, fortify, faster attacks and reduced mana into the hat
orb of storms + powercharge on crit + blind

Will go for those two

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

When u 6L the armour put the golem where the flurry is, fortify in the chest, move the whirl back to the claw and do orb of storms, pcoc, blind and faster casting in the hat, that will make it proc more.

Flurry was there just to see how it worked, its not part of the build. Still the rest is a good advice. Thx

"
zagibu wrote:
You could also try Riposte + PCoC + Inc Crit Strikes to generate power charges

Will try that too, but will it work with blind instead of Inc crit? The extra evade sounds good

"
zagibu wrote:
Or CWDT with one of Phase Run, Blood Rage, Arctic Breath, Vortex, Conversion Trap, Decoy Totem, etc., there are lots of options.

I dont like cwdt as I have no control over it. Still the combo with decoy totem might turn into something useful.

"
zagibu wrote:
Or if you self-cast your golem, you might want to support it with Minion Life and Minion Resistances.

Running tier 7-9 maps right now and I don't see the need for that, maybe in the future.

"
rovillalob wrote:

"
zagibu wrote:

Will try that too, but will it work with blind instead of Inc crit? The extra evade sounds good

Probably not great except maybe against bosses, since it's only single target. Whether you need inc crit strikes for reliable charge generation or not depends on your evade, block and crit chances. If you evade so much that you almost never block, and your crit rate is low, it might not be a good idea at all.

I use a Stibnite Flask to apply blind. It's pretty great if you roll reduced charges used (can use them 4 times and it refills quickly). Also pretty good for rolling a second buff like increased evasion rating or armour, or one of the elemental ailment immunities.

The problem with CWDT is not that it's unreliable, but that it limits the level of the supported gems, when you want it to trigger with any regularity. It's still a good option if you have free gem slots to profit from some buffs basically for free.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
"
zagibu wrote:
"
rovillalob wrote:

"
zagibu wrote:

Probably not great except maybe against bosses, since it's only single target. Whether you need inc crit strikes for reliable charge generation or not depends on your evade, block and crit chances. If you evade so much that you almost never block, and your crit rate is low, it might not be a good idea at all.

I use a Stibnite Flask to apply blind. It's pretty great if you roll reduced charges used (can use them 4 times and it refills quickly). Also pretty good for rolling a second buff like increased evasion rating or armour, or one of the elemental ailment immunities.

The problem with CWDT is not that it's unreliable, but that it limits the level of the supported gems, when you want it to trigger with any regularity. It's still a good option if you have free gem slots to profit from some buffs basically for free.

Well some bosses are the only things that hit so hard that can 1 hit kill me so blind is for that. But you are right, it depends on lots of things and turns out that my block is 0% so thats a no go.

I use a granite flask with life leech and inc duration, I'm not sure if changing to stibnite is a good idea.

About CWDT, i'm still using orb of storm+blind but that might change to CWDT.
I would use cwdt with frost bomb (reducing mobs cold res) You can add immortal call and inc duration
I'm usually online at 18 gmt +1
"
zagibu wrote:
Or CWDT with one of Phase Run, Blood Rage, Arctic Breath, Vortex, Conversion Trap, Decoy Totem, etc., there are lots of options.

just a reminder that CwDT+totem(s) was abused and fixed like 2 years ago ,RIP easy times :(
d:-D*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info