Reflect mod on vaal zones is stupid

Reflect mods on maps in itself is stupid. It doesn't add any fun mechanic. You forget to check once, OOPS! BYE 100s of hours on HC char!

The first time you kill yourself to it in a map by accident, you swear it will never happen again and meticulously check every map mod every time..

Now, in a two week HC league-start, which I've poured all my non-working hours into, I go into Dried Lake to level some new gems I'd just switched to, and enter a Vaal zone to get rid of a prophecy.

Boom, one shot myself to the first mob because I didn't realise the zone spawned with 10% reflect. I didn't know reflect could spawn on vaal zones, nor am I worrying about danger in a Dried Lake at level 90.

Absolutely fucking soul crushing. If I had less control I totally would have punched out my monitor. I just can't reiterate how fucking dumb this shit is. and just like that, I'm done with the game for now.

I'm just venting here in hopes that some GGG rep will take note of the fact that they fucking crush the souls of their players into absolute smithereens with downright stupid one-shot mechanics like this. go ahead and flame.
Last edited by luckyshin on Jul 24, 2017, 9:03:35 PM
Last bumped on Jul 25, 2017, 9:29:45 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The whole point is that you HAVE to pay attention to the game, including that mod.
That is one of the few things of the game that still is punishing.

If you get that destroyed by reflect, you might want to "adjust" your character too.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Uuh yeah, continue blaming players for completely retarded and backwards "mechanics". They should be constantly paying attention in a repetitive and extremely grindy game where 99% of the content poses no danger whatsoever and is done on autopilot. OP should have been on his toes, exercising great concentration and paying attention while doing dried lake on a level 90 character.
Last edited by Raudram on Jul 25, 2017, 5:22:02 AM
well, i think part of vaal areas is that they teach players about map mods, so from that perspective its probably a good idea that they have reflect so players get to see that, but also maybe its a good idea the reflect isnt strong enough that they 1 hit themselves on the first mob? Maybe theres a case for reducing the reflect value a lot more and letting people feel it but give them that space to say hey, wtf is that and check the mods?
Aren't thosemods already weaker than the map ones ???
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
well, i think part of vaal areas is that they teach players about map mods, so from that perspective its probably a good idea that they have reflect so players get to see that, but also maybe its a good idea the reflect isnt strong enough that they 1 hit themselves on the first mob? Maybe theres a case for reducing the reflect value a lot more and letting people feel it but give them that space to say hey, wtf is that and check the mods?

Yes, this individual is correct imo. In my experience, those areas (along with some master mission areas) helped me prepare for dealing with maps and the many mods that came along with them.
“ I'm going to build my own Wraeclast with blackjack and hookers. In fact forgot about Wraeclast and the blackjack. Ah screw the whole thing. ” - Exile Bender

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info