Chris Wilson...why u dont play the game?

I told months ago, years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRKunmbx1v0

zizaran will reach merciless in few hours, I'm a not race player, every death costs a lot

I really think that every suggestion can help, but u guys dont give a fuck, I'm still not suporting the game until GGG learn to fix the game and hear those that play the game
The end of all that is - The winter has come - Hold the door - The North Remembers
I hope you have a good life on the other side of the wall
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” Gen. James Mad Dog Mattis
Last bumped on Jul 27, 2017, 2:12:52 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Care to explain the meaning of your post? What does Chris playing or not playing the game have to do with whatever happened to Zizaran?
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Care to explain the meaning of your post? What does Chris playing or not playing the game have to do with whatever happened to Zizaran?

I said years ago that the game was killing as soon as you entered in the map, my suggestion was to increase to 2 min or only to be attacked by monsters when you move your char, Chris Wilson posted on reddit asking players about a different idea to avoid this, he ignored my suggestion and did something that does not work, GGG has no practical knowledge of the game, they do stupid things all the time, who play the game know that some maps u face mobs at beggining and this can kill you
The end of all that is - The winter has come - Hold the door - The North Remembers
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” Gen. James Mad Dog Mattis
"
"
Kelvynn wrote:

I said years ago that the game was killing as soon as you entered in the map, my suggestion was to increase to 2 min or only to be attacked by monsters when you move your char, Chris Wilson posted on reddit asking players about a different idea to avoid this, he ignored my suggestion and did something that does not work, GGG has no practical knowledge of the game, they do stupid things all the time, who play the game know that some maps u face mobs at beggining and this can kill you

please explain how your ideas would have helped in this situation. He changed map at 8th second and logged out at 28th second, that is 20 seconds. Invulnerability period is 30 seconds. Thus the only explanation is that the server must have registered a movement right before and he lost his invulnerability period. So in short, your ideas wouldn't have helped at all either. Guess who doesn't have any practical knowledge of the game now?
"
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Technically, the solution GGG implemented (30 sec invulnerability) is fine, when it works properly. So they need to fix the bug that makes it randomly fail (like in Zizaran's case).

They should also remove the mobs that are too close to the zone entry point. To my knowledge, Bowels of the Beast 1 & 2 are the only zones where you can get attacked right after entering.

But whether or not Chris plays PoE doesn't matter here. He can't possibly have these connection issues while playing from the GGG office.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
So they need to fix the bug that makes it randomly fail (like in Zizaran's case).

how do you know, or why are you assuming it 'randomly failed' ?
heres a simple scenario:

1. ziz enters the zone
2. ziz wants to move but client is frozen (drawing-wise), yet connection still persists. ziz inputs mouse click and waits for client response
3. server receives instruction to move and obliges. grace period.
4. ziz stays in zone long enough to get killed

nothing in this scenario contradicts what happened. Occams razor- choose the explanation with the least assumptions. this explanation is far more plausible than 'randomly fails'.
"
grepman wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
So they need to fix the bug that makes it randomly fail (like in Zizaran's case).

how do you know, or why are you assuming it 'randomly failed' ?
heres a simple scenario:

1. ziz enters the zone
2. ziz wants to move but client is frozen (drawing-wise), yet connection still persists. ziz inputs mouse click and waits for client response
3. server receives instruction to move and obliges. grace period.
4. ziz stays in zone long enough to get killed

nothing in this scenario contradicts what happened. Occams razor- choose the explanation with the least assumptions. this explanation is far more plausible than 'randomly fails'.

exactly

"
Kelvynn wrote:
But whether or not Chris plays PoE doesn't matter here. He can't possibly have these connection issues while playing from the GGG office.

I'll give you an example of what would change if someone from GGG tried to get into several maps in a day, going to cities, other hideouts, going back to maps, they would realize that the constant exchange can kill the character, but this only finds out who plays, If you do not have time, that's no problem but you need listen to who plays

since you take single cases to question the whole game and make hilarious claims: never died due to a non working grace period.

if streamers can't resist making inputs before having full control over their chars it's not the developers fault. the grace period works just fine.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
since you take single cases to question the whole game and make hilarious claims: never died due to a non working grace period.

if streamers can't resist making inputs before having full control over their chars it's not the developers fault. the grace period works just fine.

there are frequent cases when you play for a long time that you die on the loading screen, I remember that I made the suggestions thinking in these cases, what is the first action of any player when the game crashes? click somewhere to see if it was only momentary, even following your advice it is possible to die without doing actions to lose grace period or even entering the map
"
"
vio wrote:

there are frequent cases when you play for a long time that you die on the loading screen, I remember that I made the suggestions thinking in these cases, what is the first action of any player when the game crashes? click somewhere to see if it was only momentary, even following your advice it is possible to die without doing actions to lose grace period or even entering the map

the thing is, they took all precautions. if your client crashes while loading the next area's assets, windows is closing the sockets and the character is off the level.

if there is no client commmunication cause the socket couldn't be closed anyhow, the grace period is longer than the 6 seconds "no communication"-timeout where the server takes the char our of the game.

problem is really just that single situation where you somehow kill the grace period and then get disconnected somehow. i don't see any way for devs to catch that one.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info