Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Recurring patching from 2.6.2 to 2.6.3

This is probably a familiar issue to techs from the past, but am having this re-patching problem again...regardless of sleeping or restarting my machine, but seemingly at random.

Can someone suggest the likely causes of this & how it could be investigated / fixed ?
[and how much system info you would require to assist]

I'm worried it's an issue that may occur on the next big patch to 3.0 which could cause me huge delays (putting me off in future) from a relatively slow download speed of >3Mb if this should recur between 2.6.2 -> v3.0

[Fully updated Win7 64, 'CCleanered', dynamic ip address, Free Panda Anti-Virus]

Please help

M
Last edited by NetMaNimal on Aug 2, 2017, 11:41:58 AM
Last bumped on Aug 2, 2017, 11:39:48 AM
Same problem.

Receive msg when trying to patch:

"Error: Couldn't connect to server while downloading http://patch902.pathofexile.com:8095/patch/2.6.3.5/PathofExile.exe".

OR

"Error: Unrecognized or bad HTTP Content or Transfer-Encoding while downloading http://patch504.pathofexile.com:8095/patch/2.6.3.5/PathofExile.exe".

While attempting to patch l also notice a download speed of say 1793537252 gbps, which is of course impossible. If l see this during its multiple attempts before it gives the above error msg, l know it will ultimately fail.

Other points:
Recently noticed been have a LOT of trouble trying to WP out of starting location to my HO, when starting the game. Game freezes and can take up to 10 attempts to be successful.

Also noticed that the latency is WAY worse than normal, and if l try and access the game, and say a forum post on a build at the same time, both go REAL slow. Latency in game shoots up and the forum post spins forever. Often the game will just log me out during this process.

In general the latency during game play is a lot worse. In particular when first zoning into a new location. After a couple minutes it can settle down, though can also get bad screen stutter.

Actions:
Run ccleaner
Updated Virus/Firewall and run a scan
Updated permissions on firewall to highest trusted settings for PoE.
Run installer as Administrator
Updated Shortcut link to "D:\Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile.exe" --patching-server pathofexile.com:3724
Last edited by Bomatchi on Aug 1, 2017, 12:49:22 AM
We could obviously do with some staff GGG technical support staff to suggest some probable causes & fixes..!
[here's hoping this wording may get the post noticed...]

At the moment the reason for this happening cannot be identified unless we receive such support.
Surely the common causes can be suggested ?

***In addition (forgot to mention) I ALWAYS have to refresh my login using an email code too!*** Why could this be???

A real mystery until I get some feedback.

Will probably do (for 'ggpk fragmentation') the LABORIOUS & TIME CONSUMING clean download (overnight on slow speed), save the installation if possible, & re-install of 3.0
*sigh* :-/
HOPEFULLLY this will fix the stupid (all too common from what I've read) re-patching issue.

Last edited by NetMaNimal on Aug 2, 2017, 11:48:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info