Possible skill gem idea???

Hey GGG,

I wasn't entirely sure whether to put this in this thread or the skill gem feedback thread, but I saw no skill gem suggestion posts in there, so I just decided on here; sorry if it is the wrong place to be posting this. I was just wondering if it was at all possible to, in the future, have a skill gem that works like a damage-over-time projectile. I noticed that we had nothing like this in the game (there is currently only essence drain or caustic arrow, that I can think of, both of which explode on contact and deal area DoT), and I just thought it would be an interesting mechanic, if DoT is ever going to be viable again in the future (I think anyone could agree that it is NOT in a good place right now in 3.0). Basically, I thought it would be cool to have something like, say, a tornado spell that would apply a degen on hit (much like Scorching Ray does), so that the enemy would gradually lose health, and then it would pierce through targets and hit other ones (much like frostbolt does). Anyways, I was just wondering if it would be possible to have anything like this in the future? Thanks so much for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Azzy
Last bumped on Jul 25, 2017, 9:46:48 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
DoT Projectile ? You mean like ED :D ?
Puncture + pierce?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I mentioned ED, but you don't really want ED to pierce, much like you wouldn't want fireball to pierce... I don't know, I was just thinking of maybe some sort of degen-adding projectile... I've never seen anything like that, and figured it would be interesting. The tornado thing would just have been an example, as it could honestly be anything, I just noticed we have no tornado-creating spells :P ... Also, puncture could work but that involves hitting; I was talking more about something like a scorching-ray effect on a slow-moving projectile like frostbolt. I thought something like that could be vastly interesting to play
Ball Lightning is similar to that. It's not actualy DoT mechanics, but it almost behaves as one.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
Frostbolt + Vortex could also be an option :)
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
That's true, but vortex + frostbolts is too clunky to cast both, and like I mentioned with the other things for both ball lightning and vortex, it isn't a degen-applying skill like I was talking about.
It's pretty obvious that after the mess that double-dipping caused, GGG is fucking terrified of DoT being anything good lol, so good luck getting them to make new DoT skills
“ I'm going to build my own Wraeclast with blackjack and hookers. In fact forgot about Wraeclast and the blackjack. Ah screw the whole thing. ” - Exile Bender

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info