Time lost

With all the new changes I see so much time spent on the previous, both game playing and guides, being invalidated. I'm almost 60 and want to warn you young people: time is something you can never back. Use it wisely.
Last bumped on Jul 29, 2017, 1:55:46 PM
"
femgeek900 wrote:
With all the new changes I see so much time spent on the previous, both game playing and guides, being invalidated. I'm almost 60 and want to warn you young people: time is something you can never back. Use it wisely.

It's called progress and keeping the game fresh and repayable. If it would always be the same what would be the point?

Time is a man made concept we use to explain our existence. It does not really exist in the great scheme of things. My point: do whatever the hell makes you happy and regret nothing.

If you play ARPG from a company called Gear grinding Games and complain about time wasted you need to review your life values.

Cheers.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
Think of all the time wasted on games we've stopped playing.
Time is only wasted if you regret it.
I don't regret the time I've spent in videogames. Starting from the nes era, the memories alone make it worth it.
And here I thought we would get an X-files story. How dissapointing.
I dont see any any key!
Last edited by k1rage on Jul 24, 2017, 12:01:11 PM
"
femgeek900 wrote:

Don't worry, everything you love will be taken away.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
Don't worry, you still have 40 levels to go ;)
"
femgeek900 wrote:

Ok, so how anyone spends their leisure time is up to them. Playing PoE is better than being a couch potato. I'm 57 and have been playing PoE as a "filthy casual" (don't remember where I saw this term but it resonates with me) since closed beta and I've managed to keep my pet Kiwi Bob alive for all these years through many a brutal battle with the minions and miscreants of Wraeclast. Just because PoE 3.0.0 brings 10 acts and is a major rework of some skills and playing techniques learned over the past 4.5+ years does not invalidate our time spent playing PoE. Many of our learned playing skills will be just as applicable in FoO as before. Being a new player might actually be a plus in that GGG is finally making some good tutorials so newbies don't have to learn the hard way (by dieing a lot) how to play better and safer from the start. Also new(er) players can benefit more from FoO because if they aren't in a stone age Internet location they will never experience desync and they also have a huge resource of information on build guides from all the veteran players.

The prospects for new players today is much better than it was for me in December of 2012 and being washed up on the beach. Damn, myself and one other poor soul are the only survivors of the prison ship we were on and now he's dead too. So now what the hell am I supposed to do? I'm worse off than Survivorman as I don't even have a multi-tool (at least I found a rusty knife). That was a scary start to my foray into playing PoE. In time I would come to really know what desync and rubberbanding meant for always online games, what serious threat the one-shot rogues, devourers, volatiles, or drop bears were, and many other "must avoid" dangers that were lurking in the wilds of Wraeclast. Most new players are sadly coming in to a much less frightening PoE where speed is king (both offence and defence).

And speaking of speed of how PoE plays, today's PoE is so jolt-cola sped up in the endgame as to be pretty un-enjoyable. In playing the Turmoil race I was actually happy to be going slower at the start and not have to twitch react or die to danger. The speed meta of playing PoE has gotten way out of control (Chris does admit that it's bad) and only the younger players with faster reaction times are able to keep up. Us older players with slower reaction times are dieing more and it's a very unfortunate position for PoE to be in (GGG really coded themselves into a corner on this).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
60 years old, not lvlvs. I am not sayin don't play. I have played games since 1980. But they don't have to change it so much that much of what other people have done is now worthless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info