Ascendant Occultist and Witchfire Brew

Since most nodes on the tree don't affect Witchfire Brew, does the Ascendant Occultist node work with the flask, specifically the line "Enemies you curse have -15% to Chaos resistance"?
Last bumped on Jul 24, 2017, 7:45:53 AM
Since the flask applies a curse to enemies, yes it should work.
Also, you're somewhat mistaken in the first place: both flask duration and increased flask effect apply to it. There is a numerical value in the flask effect (level of curse aura), and that can be increased with flask effect nodes.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
Also, you're somewhat mistaken in the first place: both flask duration and increased flask effect apply to it. There is a numerical value in the flask effect (level of curse aura), and that can be increased with flask effect nodes.

As per the wiki: "Furthermore, this curse aura is not affected by increased Effect of your Curses, increased Radius of Area Skills, increased Radius of Aura Skills, or increased Effect of Flasks."

I'm pretty sure the level of the curse is not affected by Flask nodes, that would be a massive increase in the level of the aura, no?

There doesn't really seem to be a difference in the wording between these nodes, and the Scion node, so I'd like for someone to actually test it out, if at all possible. I would assume it works, as it still counts as "Your" curse, since it also interacts with your curse limit, but like I said, the wording is rather similar, and the Flask seems to be a bit of an outlier, so I'd like to be sure.
"
Fujilus wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:

As per the wiki: "Furthermore, this curse aura is not affected by increased Effect of your Curses, increased Radius of Area Skills, increased Radius of Aura Skills, or increased Effect of Flasks."

I'm pretty sure the level of the curse is not affected by Flask nodes, that would be a massive increase in the level of the aura, no?

There doesn't really seem to be a difference in the wording between these nodes, and the Scion node, so I'd like for someone to actually test it out, if at all possible. I would assume it works, as it still counts as "Your" curse, since it also interacts with your curse limit, but like I said, the wording is rather similar, and the Flask seems to be a bit of an outlier, so I'd like to be sure.

Hm, if that's what's on the wiki then I'm oficially confused now. The occultist passive should still work though.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Flask effect from passives should still work on the DoT part of the flask.
Last edited by Rakiii on Jul 24, 2017, 7:46:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info