Fun league to try out builds and equips?

A strange suggestion, maybe even unfeasible, but this is a forum and I think this idea could be worth at least a bit of consideration :-)

I was thinking about a league (separated from any other, with no challenges, no achievements, etc), a sort of a mirror of the standard league, where players could experiment with their characters. In short, very high rarity drop rates and free respec to let players try different combinations and builds.

Could it be useful? Would it cause "bad returns" for players? I don't know, but I hope more experienced players will drop a line on this argument to see what they think.

Thanks.
erenor.net :)
Last bumped on Jul 23, 2017, 3:36:42 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
As someone who doesn't care about league rank or races or even what level my character is (Never understood why people get hung up on level 100....)
this would basically kill every other league for me.
I literally play this game to mess with weird interactions and test strange builds and so on. I would LOVE IT. But it would also kind of null a lot of the work I've put into playing even on Standard. I'm probably not alone in this, why would I bother to play any other league if all I really want to do is try out weird shit and maybe clear some Beyond+Sea witches maps for satisfaction?

LIke I would enjoy it personally, but I think it would be bad for the game if there's no (or very little) barrier to do cool shit. Kind of takes the challenge away. Like when you learn how to cheat items into existence and noclip in some singleplayer games. Sure it's fun but it's just the same ol' god-mode crap by the time you've played a week.
Why am I wearing a heavy belt if I haven't got any pants?
Bad idea. This game thrives on starvation. Starvation drives trade. If you're not into trade, starvation drives grinding. Without that, the game is really pointless.
Lovely interventions, kind and very explicative. That was exactly the kind of "con" I was thinking about.

Thank you.
erenor.net :)
I wouldn't mind a sandbox mode in an arena style setting just to test build theorys...be nice for a casual to know that 10ex item will work as imagined.
I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info