Borderline unplayable stuttering / fps drops

Hey guys -

Over the last week or so the game has been borderline unplayable in terms of the amount of stuttering and fps drops I've been getting. It has been especially bad since the most recent MTX patch, although that could just be a coincidence. I'll try to be as thorough as possible with information; my suspicion based on the WinMTR logs is massive packet loss since I'm playing on a wireless connection atm (have no way to get a wired connection at the moment), but that doesn't explain why it has gotten exponentially worse in the past week.

I ran two WinMTR logs -- top one is me playing on Direct 9 in classic runescape / potato mode (all settings turned down, shadows off, etc). Still a shit ton of stuttering and lag. Bottom one is me playing on Direct 11 Beta with all the settings turned up. Also a shit ton of stuttering and lag. I realize that display settings have no impact on net connectivity, but just in case I'm missing something I included that for contrast.

In both logs I ran a vault map with breach, nemesis, and bloodlines leaguestones. My character died 4 or so times just due to the fact that stutter made me completely unaware of where my character was and what was going on 80% of the time. I can still technically play by mashing 12345 and spamming right click to hope things die before I do, but at that point I can hardly call that playing a game.

Logs here:

http://imgur.com/a/S60zG

I'm not particularly well-versed on how to read these, so if someone could do that and let me know what's going on that'd be a great help. Advice on what to do would also be great.

Thanks!
Last edited by Oneiria on Jul 23, 2017, 5:39:16 AM
Last bumped on Jul 25, 2017, 4:58:23 AM
Same thing here. I've talked to many other players in the same boat.
“ I'm going to build my own Wraeclast with blackjack and hookers. In fact forgot about Wraeclast and the blackjack. Ah screw the whole thing. ” - Exile Bender

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Hell I can't even stay connected for more than a few minutes and that's if I'm lucky after that patch but it doesn't seem like it's on their radar.
“ I'm going to build my own Wraeclast with blackjack and hookers. In fact forgot about Wraeclast and the blackjack. Ah screw the whole thing. ” - Exile Bender

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Same thing here. Since last patch the game has reverted to a state it hasn't been in in years. Freezes upon logging in, item pictures not loading and most of all I am playing at constant 20 fps all of a sudden when the game was running completely smooth a few days ago.
BUMP
There seems to be a memoryleak aswell as fpsdrops on certain maps, where i didnt have any problems a few days ago on even higher settings...
Seems like if it doesn't affect the majority of the players it doesn't get talked about by ggg.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

BUMP. Switched from Lockstep to Predictive, still stuttering like crazy. Luckily I'm playing a build where I can just hit 12345 and spam click buttons, but this is no way to live, even in Wraeclast.

EDIT: Not looking to point fingers or accuse GGG of whatever, everyone tends to complain about not getting a stable 60 or 60+ fps, and here I'd be happy to get a stable 15-20 fps. Just want to know if someone can take a look at my WinMTR logs and let me know what's up.
Last edited by Oneiria on Jul 23, 2017, 7:32:00 PM
I just disconnect every 3 minutes or less since yesterday or the day before. I'd be happy to have 60 fps at this point so I can just push to 90

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Changing to DX9 from the other DX9whatever and going to predictive mode lowered the frequency of disconnects but did not stop it.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info