Questions about RF/SR and Elementalists

Hey guys and gals,

Thinking about playing around with an RF/SR build, and I know common wisdom seems to be Marauder, but had a few questions about how the abilities interact with some Elementalist abilities.

1. Would the 40% increased fire damage from Liege of the Primordial, while having a fire golem up, apply to RF and SR damage?

2. Would "Conflux" from Shaper of Desolation not apply to either skill since it says specifically "hits" cause it, and technically RF and SR don't hit?

3.Does Beacon of Ruin cause the burning effects from RF and SR to spread?

I think that's it.

Pardon my noobness...any input is appreciated!

Last bumped on Jul 23, 2017, 10:52:31 AM
1. Yes. Both Skills deal Fire Damage.
2. SR and RF do not hit, period. Nothing "technically" about it. :P
3. Nope. Beacon of Ruin applies to Elemental Status Effects, which means Chill, Freeze, Shock and Ignite. RF and SR simply deal Fire Damage over Time, they do not apply the Ignite debuff.
If those ascendancy nodes for Elementalist interest you for a RF/SR build then you might consider having SR use CWC + another fire spell like Firestorm. Shaper of Destruction and Beacon of Ruin would have a chance to work with the hits and potential ignites that Firestorm would cause. Firestorm can also crit and give you Elemental Overload and save you from needing another skill like Orb of Storms for that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info