Nerf nerf nerf....

I am personally worried that ggg balance team nerf without regarding the future viability of the builds and just nerf in oblivion stuff based on popularity and in Reddit Popular topics.

Now we are at strand meta like maps. I just ask you a question : how is it a bad thing to have maps like strand. People have FUN on those. Instead of being the bad guys, why you dont buff the other maps in content (loot) to balance the meta instead of nerfing all the shit.

A LOT people love those linear maps, they like this style of play.
Bring me one of those chickens.
Last bumped on Jul 25, 2017, 9:04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
+1

Its not a bad thing ppl just love to shit on populair things.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Chaining Strands with OP builds = Path of Cookie Clicker.

Doubt that's what GGG envisions their game to be like.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
alexwar666 wrote:

I am personally worried that ggg balance team nerf without regarding the future viability of the builds and just nerf in oblivion stuff based on popularity and in Reddit Popular topics.

Now we are at strand meta like maps. I just ask you a question : how is it a bad thing to have maps like strand. People have FUN on those. Instead of being the bad guys, why you dont buff the other maps in content (loot) to balance the meta instead of nerfing all the shit.

A LOT people love those linear maps, they like this style of play.

Having one (easy) map spam being the most efficient way to play PoE is retarded. Reward should match the challenge. If map is dangerous (and most T15-16 maps are far more dangerous than Strand), then it should yield more rewards (in term of loot/exp). Or, if map has "comfortable farming" layout (i.e. linear path, like Strand), it should contain dangerous mobs and bosses, while maps like Cells should have the easiest mobs/bosses, and/or higher pack density.

Such little diversity leads to very boring game. If you really enjoy chaining the same boring and easy map over and over again, you probably have serious mental problems, and i'd recommend you to go to doctor.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Don't worry if they nerf strands there is promenade tier 9 also linear and underground river tier 10.

It will just take some hundreds more maps instead. They already made some penalties to exp beyond lvl 95 so the trend is for GGG wanting you to run thousands and thousands of maps t9-t13. Sounds fun right ?

(in this scenario we exlude double beyonded breached shaped shore max sextansed with Headhunter build)
IGN : Sir_Big
Balance cannot be achieved without nerfs. If you just continue buffing everything then you get a total joke of a game, kinda like current PoE.
"
Raudram wrote:
Balance cannot be achieved without nerfs. If you just continue buffing everything then you get a total joke of a game, kinda like current PoE.

but if you continue nerfing the shit out of everything, game will be shit

fun > balance

If you search poe on youtube you keep finding fun stuff like worm blaster, coc builds, insane spark builds, incinerate, etc

Those all got obliterated by nerfs. GGG doesn't know how to balance things, instead of just reducing a little damage numbers they obliterate the skill from all possible angles and all interactions associated with those skills (ex Frost Wall, Voltaxic Rift, Drillneck, The Writhing Jar, spell echo, internal cooldowns on CoC/spark rearm time, AOE nerfs, list is endless.

I got really hyped about 3.0 content but i have no fun builds to play anymore, even the ones i have got completely destroyed by the new poison nerfs and double boss HP (which kills freeze and shock builds). With such low build diversity i will feel burn out really fast after finishing the 10 acts.

All they added in terms of build diversity is a few new channeling skills. Channeling skills suck because they keep you in place. I like to micro and dodge shit.

I wish GGG fired his entire balance team and focused on making builds fun again. A large pool of fun builds to play increases game longevity may more than a few new acts.
you say 'fun' i read 'strongest'

these builds are fun only as far as they are above the curve and let the users feel 'better' than other users. sad thing about it: most of these builds are strong regardless of the player. they CARRY the players and MAKE them strong.
Nerfing is not a mistake, allowing something to get so broken that it needs one is the real mistake.

That said, their nerfs are often a bit lacking, they tend to have the right idea and then either fail to fully follow it through or kick the pedal through the floor so hard it scrapes the asphalt. A good example of the former is the AoE nerf, the concept is sound but the amount of increased AoE per point of investment and the adjustments to individual skills are a bit off. The latter is probably the spell triggering nerf, the bulk of it is just not worth the trouble anymore.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info