Please remove 1 hit already.

Its really frustrating when in a skill based game there comes a mob that just literally say right to your face "fuck you" and kills you with one hit.

I just got killed with 52% physical def,3400 health and all resistances maxed. I also had 4 endurance charges activated wich increases my def further and he still 1 shots me ? Also Immortal call didnt activate and he did hit me physicaly.

So please remove that cheap 1 shot mechanic. There is no reason to build def that way.
Last bumped on Jul 28, 2017, 5:07:18 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
What killed you because those stats are laughable in red maps and questionable at best to start mapping. Anything before that is probably fine.

Since you said he I'm willing to assume Izaro who is purposely overtuned for his level, more so if you let him power up.

Not arguing that 1 shots are stupid outside of massively telegraphed attacks, but you leave way too much to indicate that you might just have not been geared enough.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
If they make it so I can't get 1 shot with those stats, I'll have a lot more passives for offense.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Unheilbringer wrote:
I just got killed with 52% physical def,3400 health and all resistances maxed. I also had 4 endurance charges activated wich increases my def further and he still 1 shots me ? Also Immortal call didnt activate and he did hit me physicaly

Some enemies can oneshot you even with 6k HP.

Also game have a horrible 'mob can crit' mechanic that means you can be oneshoted to zero from 10k if random rare enemy do a crit :'D
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
To answer the question what killed me it was an invasion boss on Lv 64. So it wasnt even a end game mob.So were not even talking about end game here.

So what exactly is "fine" by making mobs that strong without them being late game ? I am really eager to read that explaination.

Also:
"If they make it so I can't get 1 shot with those stats, I'll have a lot more passives for offense."

If you get one hit with those stats there is no reason to go def anyway. Thats the reason why ES was so dominant until 3.0 and the reason for the nerf. Were not talking about a endgame enemy let alone a higher level enemy. He was 2 level below me and i hab maxed resistences and over 50% def + bonus def from 4 endurance charges.

I can understand it when a mob drops you to 10% health with 1 hit so that you have the chance to react but instand kill ? I still remember the funny ZiggyD desth by a detonade death totem off screen. 1 hit mechanics are a balance issue wich needs to be fixed.
They should better overworked the "Loot system", so you can get better gear. The loot in merciless is a joke. The loot in merciless is the same crap as in normal...
The Way to Hell is paved with good intensions.
Looks like either a telegraphed hit ( Hello Ossecati ), or not an actual one shot, where the OP might have put himself in a situation to dangerous for his character to handle.

And armour is less effective against bit hit, it's not actually 50% phys reduction there, it's significantly less.

I'm not saying that the whole game is finely tuned or anything, but it is likely that you have made mistakes there.

"
R3NNW wrote:

They should better overworked the "Loot system", so you can get better gear. The loot in merciless is a joke. The loot in merciless is the same crap as in normal...

What does this have to do with anything here ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 22, 2017, 11:48:42 PM
"
DoEFotGS wrote:

Some enemies can oneshot you even with 6k HP.

Also game have a horrible 'mob can crit' mechanic that means you can be oneshoted to zero from 10k if random rare enemy do a crit :'D

+1
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
Unheilbringer wrote:
To answer the question what killed me it was an invasion boss on Lv 64. So it wasnt even a end game mob.So were not even talking about end game here.

So what exactly is "fine" by making mobs that strong without them being late game ? I am really eager to read that explaination.

You are still not telling which boss it was. Could be elemental or chaos ones, in which case your phys. reductions don't matter. Having maxed out resists is the bare minimum you have to do, not something that will protect you from dying. You still have to move away from shit and play pro-actively.

As for why we need such powerful mobs in "early" game, because the game is already boringly easy as is. You actually need a buffed up version of the game, like Turmoil, to sweat a little before red maps. I wish the game was harder, while remaining fair - which for the most part it is - VB is getting reworked and having some telegraphed "one"hits is not a problem.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
GGG "balances" the game exclusively around the cheesiest meta builds so you're out of luck if you expect things to be different.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info