Most "foods" are dangerous.

Do you know what's in the stuff you eat?

If I had to guess I'd say most people don't.

Here's an example:

There's plenty more examples I could give, but you get the idea.

Do you check ingredients or do you just eat the food you buy?
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
Last edited by FriendlyGamerGuy on Jul 22, 2017, 9:01:47 AM
Last bumped on Jul 24, 2017, 6:34:41 PM
Almost always check.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Everything in excess can kill you. Even water as food is deadly that way.

The question is, is that thing inside food measurable in percents or even lesser quantities, like trace amounts.

Anyway, dont have that problem where I live, 80% of my diet is organic.
Spreading salt since 2006
Stopped eating processed foods a while back never felled better.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Me and most people I know eat only a little amount of processed food. Even most of the discounters offer organic food meanwhile in Europe. I eat red meat about twice a month.

Then again I have to admit that beer(Germany, Belgium, Czech republic (best), UK, Ireland e.g.) and wine (France, Spain, Italy, Greece e.g.) is a different story somehow ;-).

There are some organic beers here as well, but most people would never ask for "light beer". So the alcohol remains a big health risk.
Last edited by Schmodderhengst on Jul 22, 2017, 1:05:39 PM
I read labels but don't care. the amounts beyond the first few ingredients are insanely small and some (not all) preservatives are "neutral", and some are even good for you. now if you go buy that chemical in bulk (or eat nothing but junk) and eat spoonfuls, even if it tastes great, then you might have an issue.

or allergies. those suck.

edit: I bet they had to put TSP on the label because that's what they clean their machines with. just to cover their arses. Kinda like companies putting "produced in a factory that makes peanut products" or similar. cross-contamination or w/e.

my favorite chip:
rawr. fear me.
Last edited by tidbit on Jul 22, 2017, 1:45:22 PM
I always wondered why certain foods made me feel like crap after eating them and others didn't.

Especially fast food which has lots of GMOs and other nasty stuff in it usually.
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
pretty sure almost everything is a gmo. we've been cross-pollinating and whatnot for centuries. pretty sure those nice big plump home-grown tomatos you bought in a paper packet from a garden store all come from a factory producing "gmo tomatos". same with bananas. especially bananas. unless you go to the middle of a jungle and eat those ones full of seeds.

and even if you find a wild plant, pick it, regrow it, who's to say a bird didn't eat a seed from a factory and poop it in the woods? kinda had 100+ years for that to happen and spread.

even ancient people did what is considered "gmo". they pick they best, replant it, you get better and better stuff year after year, for hundreds or thousands of years.

GMO itself is not bad. the sprays on crops to kill bugs and whatnot is. But that's why you thoroughly cook and wash your food.
rawr. fear me.
"
I always wondered why certain foods made me feel like crap after eating them and others didn't.

Especially fast food which has lots of GMOs and other nasty stuff in it usually.

The answer is usually carbs. Carbs make everyone sluggish.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Living is dangerous too. We gotta do that and we gotta eat to do that. Yeah, just read labels and learn from stuff that doesn't agree with you.
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info