[3.9] The Bringer of Leech - Blade Flurry -League Starter -Budget-New Player Friendly!

Any reason to not use a corrupted bloodseeker? Its already got the sockets i need.
Last edited by SYSTEMATIC_ on May 5, 2019, 10:44:32 PM
"
SYSTEMATIC_ wrote:
Any reason to not use a corrupted bloodseeker? Its already got the sockets i need.

Nope, if it has the correct links/colors then go for it.
Okay got resistances to 70% aside chaos, which i have almost no res to. That was my issue tho, thanks!!

Also got that bloodseeker. Came with the perfect sockets, 30% quality, and had the best stats (of 17 pages). I most likely overpaid (dont want to kno if i did) but based off the prices in 17 pages I am happy.

So now the offhand. What should it be, and why? I got confused in the comments cuz someone said it was better to have a wep that bf cant use cuz then bloodseeker hits all the time? Or something? Im too noob to fully understand it all and it confused me so just tell me what to get xD

Like exactly what to get. What lvl it is, rare or unique, and what stat mods it requires for the build.

Im going to say one last thanks cuz by now u kno im very thankful, thanks!

Edit: just after i posted this i found a relentless fury which looks pretty powerful and on the lines of the build. Curious if that should be the offhand IF the whole “dont use a wep bf can use in offhand” thing is true?
Last edited by SYSTEMATIC_ on May 7, 2019, 1:20:28 AM
For min-maxing purposes, is it better to get the 6th jewel below berserking or to get the 5% life nodes next to bloodless and herbalism?
"
SYSTEMATIC_ wrote:
Okay got resistances to 70% aside chaos, which i have almost no res to. That was my issue tho, thanks!!

Also got that bloodseeker. Came with the perfect sockets, 30% quality, and had the best stats (of 17 pages). I most likely overpaid (dont want to kno if i did) but based off the prices in 17 pages I am happy.

So now the offhand. What should it be, and why? I got confused in the comments cuz someone said it was better to have a wep that bf cant use cuz then bloodseeker hits all the time? Or something? Im too noob to fully understand it all and it confused me so just tell me what to get xD

Like exactly what to get. What lvl it is, rare or unique, and what stat mods it requires for the build.

Im going to say one last thanks cuz by now u kno im very thankful, thanks!

Edit: just after i posted this i found a relentless fury which looks pretty powerful and on the lines of the build. Curious if that should be the offhand IF the whole “dont use a wep bf can use in offhand” thing is true?

You prob saw some old comments from when Stat-Sticks were a thing for melee, currently you cannot use any weapon in your off-hand that is incompatible with BladeFlurry. So, you've got to use a claw/dagger/sword. Claws being the best because you can get a Gemeni Claw which has life & mana on hit, which is great for us. Also, daggers & swords have accuracy/crit implicits which are useless for us.

Get a rare Gemeni Claw as the base. Look for as much phys DPS as you can afford. You prob want the rare claw in your main hand, just because the Ambidexterity node gives 26% increased damage to your main hand, so we want whichever claw with higher dps in main hand.

I don't mind the Q's at all! If you really like this build, you should try one of my other ones. Just let me know if you want to try and I can recommend ya one.

"
Nikcoin wrote:
For min-maxing purposes, is it better to get the 6th jewel below berserking or to get the 5% life nodes next to bloodless and herbalism?

I'd go for the jewel if you have enough currency to afford a nice one. I'd say, at least 30% damage or 20% damage and 5% life on the jewel would be better. Unless you find yourself dying and really want 15% life, having 20-30% damage and 5-7% life is massive.
Great to know about having it in main hand.

As for other builds, one step at a time lol. Im a casual player, an ex hardcore mmo’er. Got a family now (well, the girl and a very needy dog instead of a kid xD) so even when i do get on my focus is half there. Cant handle a new toon and by the time i can i will probably get into another game for a while before coming back.

What called out to me about your build is cost effective. With the above said and only being a week or so into the game i knew i needed to stay simple and cheap. Ive always loved life leech in these style games. Finally, your image of the cat attacking is a pricelessly perfect representation of how this build feels. Bout as lack-of-player-skill as u can get which is great for this casual noob.

My goal is to eventually (prolly once the season ends and its moved to standard cuz im slow af lol) have this toon so it can farm me currencies to fund things i really REALLY want to try. Which so far is nothing aside this xD

I like the control u have on ur dps. Sometimes I can move a little faster if i let the stacks go at 2-3 and still clear the mobs but for bosses i can get to 6 and smack em just like that cat. Its fun to be able throttle your attacks.

Is there any chance u could post screen shots and keep them up of the skill trees? The website it takes me to doesnt work well on my phone and i dont have a pc. Or am i missing them? I read comments u had them and would keep them bit i didnt see them? If not its cool, i can make it work but its really wonky with this side window i cant get to close (not am ad).

Last edited by SYSTEMATIC_ on May 8, 2019, 2:12:48 AM
"
SYSTEMATIC_ wrote:
Great to know about having it in main hand.

As for other builds, one step at a time lol. Im a casual player, an ex hardcore mmo’er. Got a family now (well, the girl and a very needy dog instead of a kid xD) so even when i do get on my focus is half there. Cant handle a new toon and by the time i can i will probably get into another game for a while before coming back.

What called out to me about your build is cost effective. With the above said and only being a week or so into the game i knew i needed to stay simple and cheap. Ive always loved life leech in these style games. Finally, your image of the cat attacking is a pricelessly perfect representation of how this build feels. Bout as lack-of-player-skill as u can get which is great for this casual noob.

My goal is to eventually (prolly once the season ends and its moved to standard cuz im slow af lol) have this toon so it can farm me currencies to fund things i really REALLY want to try. Which so far is nothing aside this xD

I like the control u have on ur dps. Sometimes I can move a little faster if i let the stacks go at 2-3 and still clear the mobs but for bosses i can get to 6 and smack em just like that cat. Its fun to be able throttle your attacks.

Is there any chance u could post screen shots and keep them up of the skill trees? The website it takes me to doesnt work well on my phone and i dont have a pc. Or am i missing them? I read comments u had them and would keep them bit i didnt see them? If not its cool, i can make it work but its really wonky with this side window i cant get to close (not am ad).

I hear ya, this is why I make builds like this. for most of the year I can only really play on weekends. But for certain parts of the year, I can play all day every day.. But even when I have time, I get bored with a build usually in the upper 80s, so I use currency to make new cheap builds!

Screne shots are easy, I'll throw that up in a few minutes. I have had images before cause poeplanner would crash, but over the last few leagues I didn't do it cause it wasn't needed and no one asked :)

The only flaw I see in your plan to farm currency in Standard, is that a lot of things are more expensive in standard since that economy has been going on for yearrrsss. Sometimes it's hard to buy cause most people are playing the challenge leagues and don't want to switch characters to make a small trade, so you have to pay more to make it worth it for them to interrupt their progress.
Im all about the slow grind tho. I enjoy mindless senseless killing while stoned with music going as my main form of destressing/therapy lol. So what kind if price differences are we talking tho? Like lets say in synthesis a claw cost 30c on avg. im assuming maybe 90c in standard?

Its kinda funny that its that way to me.i would have thought it to be the other way around. Standard is always there so wouldnt supply be greater therefore costs less? A new league kicks off and for a while there are NO items till they drop and even then would be rare so i would have thought cost alot more. Meanwhile in standard there should be thousands of an item since its never reset.

I was hoping to come and go to this game over the course of time and slowly accumulate an account that has a few toons pretty much at full strength. I did this in diablo 3 and eventually, on hardcore, had all character slots have almost perfect everything lol. It took several years at my rate tho. I was to the point where i had to play for 40+ hrs just to find another godly gear i had with 5-10 more of a stat i already had 1000 of xD
First time playing POE, it's a really complicated game and thanks for this build I got a easy start.I love this build very much and have been playing this build for two weeks.

Just fought the Guardians and the Shaper all day and finally succeed with the final portal! I say it's really a hard fight against Shaper and I don't know if I can pass Uber Elder. Already took me about 200c buying the maps and fragments.

I'm using a 350 pdps sword instead of claw offhand because it's cheaper. And I replaced BoR with a 40% increased blade flurry damage enchanted helm and used a rare 6L Armour. Cost me about 80c buying&crafting helm+Armour. Now I'm lvl 90 with 6567 life + 175 ES.

Just got a question, I enchanted my Glove and Amulet for 30% increased damage while leeching. Is this better than flat phys damage? I tried several times but can't really get the answer.
"
RJXOnce wrote:
First time playing POE, it's a really complicated game and thanks for this build I got a easy start.I love this build very much and have been playing this build for two weeks.

Just fought the Guardians and the Shaper all day and finally succeed with the final portal! I say it's really a hard fight against Shaper and I don't know if I can pass Uber Elder. Already took me about 200c buying the maps and fragments.

I'm using a 350 pdps sword instead of claw offhand because it's cheaper. And I replaced BoR with a 40% increased blade flurry damage enchanted helm and used a rare 6L Armour. Cost me about 80c buying&crafting helm+Armour. Now I'm lvl 90 with 6567 life + 175 ES.

Just got a question, I enchanted my Glove and Amulet for 30% increased damage while leeching. Is this better than flat phys damage? I tried several times but can't really get the answer.

Gratz on killing Shaper and his Guardians! The best way to compare the increased vs flat dmg is to get a program called "Path of Building" and import your character. You can then edit the items and see which one gives you more damage. When I have my stream live I can also pull up your character on Path of Building live and show you other things you might be able to improve.

"
SYSTEMATIC_ wrote:
Im all about the slow grind tho. I enjoy mindless senseless killing while stoned with music going as my main form of destressing/therapy lol. So what kind if price differences are we talking tho? Like lets say in synthesis a claw cost 30c on avg. im assuming maybe 90c in standard?

Its kinda funny that its that way to me.i would have thought it to be the other way around. Standard is always there so wouldnt supply be greater therefore costs less? A new league kicks off and for a while there are NO items till they drop and even then would be rare so i would have thought cost alot more. Meanwhile in standard there should be thousands of an item since its never reset.

Go onto Poe.trade and switch it to standard and search for things you'd want to upgrade for your build. You'll see the difference =P

While the supply is greater, the raw currency people have just sitting around is also much greater. A lot of people literally don't play Standard, so when a league ends and all their characters gets sent there, they are sent there fully geared with all their currency. Now think of how many well geared characters and stacks of chaos and exalts that build up after 10 or 15 leagues. This is what causes inflation in standard.

Items will be pretty expensive at the beginning of every league, but then it drops off sharply. And the opposite for currency. You can get an exalt for 20/30c during the first day or two of a league. But once people begin to acquire both and begin crafting, the flood of currency causes inflation in the prices of currency and the flood of items and sellers in competition to sell them cause prices of most uniques to drop.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info