[3.0 HC] Zero Budget League Starter, Self-Flagellation Curse Immune- RF TOTEM (HC Gameplay Vids)

Build Synergy: SOUL MANTLE + Self-Flagellation + Curse Immunity (105% Reduced Effect of Curse on you)

YOUTUBE LINKS HERE

Just some Act Boss killing, leveling in HC Turmoil. All on a 4 Link Soul Mantle as seen below.

NOT USING Self-Flagellation in any of the videos, with the Buffs to Increased Burning Damage in 3.0 means that this build get alot more damage than what you see in the videos

Only 9 Total Damage Nodes on skill tree, everything else into Life/Regen Nodes.

Merc Lab Izaro Last Stage with Charges
Forgot to swap out Inc AoE for Conc Effect

Cruel Act 4 Malachai 2nd Phase

Cruel Act 3 Dominus 2nd Phase

Merc Act 1 Merveil 2nd Phase! 5 Seconds Kill on 4 link

Merc Act 2 Vaal OverSoul

Casual Beach Map

BoE Tag:
(BoE)skill=Righteous+Fire;item=Soul+Mantle;defense=Life;cheap=true;hardcore=true;atziri=true;coc=false;crit=false(BoE)

Splitting this Guide into TWO SECTIONS!! The League Starter (Respec later into something else) and The Main Build into End Game Mapping (Which is my Scion on HC Turmoil)

Starting Off with The League Starter:

What Makes Soul Mantle RF TOTEM a Solid League Starter?

RF Totem itself is a very solid leveling skill, the Damage Scaling is pretty insane without investment on gear/ Damage Nodes on Tree. The AoE is very tiny at early levels, but once you get to Act 4 get Increased AoE Gem and a few levels on your Righteous Fire (AoE Scales with RF Gem Level), the game play feels very smooth.

All you need is a 4 Linked Soul Mantle at Lv 49 and the DPS would carry you all the way through to Red Maps.

Because Soul Mantle is mostly considered a "SHIT TIER" item, you can get it for CHEAP even in a New Fresh League compared to a Tabula. Obviously you can use a Tabula too if you can afford one, but a 5 Link Soul Mantle would be stronger.

Freeing up the Spell Totem Gem slot, Soul Mantle turns your 4 Link RF Totem into a 5 Link.

Also giving you an Extra Totem, allowing up to 3 totems up with Ancestral Bond. Which covers alot of ground.

But what about the Downside of using Soul-Mantle, how to deal with the Self Curse, isn't it too dangerous to use on HC?

Flask of Warding, Remove and Immune to Curses during flask effect. One is enough to keep you "Curse Free" with some flask management. Can always run Multiple Warding Flasks if you wish.

A Pair of Kikazaru Rings would cover your ass when you forget to pop your warding flasks, each gives a 40% Reduced Effect of Curses on You.. The Life Regen based on your character Levels is always nice. If you're playing SC feel free to use any other Ring to fill your Resist or go for more damage.

With the 3.0 Scion Guardian, you get 105% Reduced Effect of Curse on you.

Gem Set-up:

Importance in this Order, These are all "MORE" Multipliers = Burning Damage (Now a "More Multi" in 3.0) > Elemental Focus > Rapid Decay > Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance Support > Less Duration Support

Swap in Concentrated Effects/ Increased AoE according to your playstyle

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////////////////////////////
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////////////////////////////

End Game Main Build

RF Totem As your End Game Build, what makes it good for HC?

You're IMMUNE to ALOT of things.

1: Immune to Reflect, like any Totem Builds

2: Immune to Stuns/ Chill/ Freeze using Kaom's Root

3: Immune to Curses, 2 X Kikazaru and the New 3.0 SCION- Guardian Path gives a total of 105% Reduced Curse Effectiveness on YOU. Bye Warding Flasks and spam your zero mana cost RF totems to stack curses for Self-Flagellation. Essentially 200% Increased damage for free.

4: Mostly Immune to Elemental Damage, Running all 3 Purity Auras (With the Sovereignty Cluster 14% Reduced Mana Reserved) along with Ruby/Topaz/Sapphire Flasks. 85% Max Res EASY

7K Life at Lv 90 on Average Gear, with 14% Regen thats 1K Life Regen Per Second. Along with the 35% Block, using Lioneye's Remorse/ The Surrender + 5% Block from Scion Guardian Path.

With %Life Jewels and T1 Life+STR on your gear, we are looking at some where around 8.5K Life and even more regen.

Great Mobility, since you're free to use a Brightbeak to Leap Slam, Shield Charge.

If you want to stack more damage, Doryani is your other option.

3.0 Skill Tree:

Recommended LAB Ascendant Pathing: Guardian for the 25% Reduced Curse and +5% Block then going Chieftain for the 2% Regen and 30% Inc Dmg.
Last edited by Megumin3 on Aug 6, 2017, 5:57:50 PM
Last bumped on Sep 13, 2017, 9:14:09 PM
There are a number of ways to upload 3.0 tree without waiting for GGG.

And what is the benefit of this over Chieftain? The way I see it, is it's strictly worse, except for the curse reduction from Guardian, which you end up not really needing anyway.
"
Violander wrote:
There are a number of ways to upload 3.0 tree without waiting for GGG.

And what is the benefit of this over Chieftain? The way I see it, is it's strictly worse, except for the curse reduction from Guardian, which you end up not really needing anyway.

Those are 3.0 BETA tree, I'd rather upload the final version of the 3.0 tree. GGG is trigger happy and who knows what major changes they going to pull out next after the Charges Fiesta?

Feel free to play the way you want, this is just a "Guide". Would you mind sharing some insight on why Chieftain is better?

Hinekora is useless since your can't leech and fire pen doesn't work on RF.

Tawhoa is basically 30res and 10% STR, since RF have 0 mana cost

Tukohama makes your totem Immune to RF degen, which is nice but not needed when your totems almost instantly kill packs and you can chain spam your totems on Bosses with no mana cost. Your totems can't taunt and the reflect damage is irrelevant.

Arohongui is the best out of the lot with the damage reduction.

Ngamahu does nothing for this build.

Ramako generates Endurance charge and some extra Regen, can always run Enduring Cry instead.

Basically going Chieftain instead of Scion, you gained 6% fire damage, 8% dmg reduction, free endurance charges and your totem live 3-4 secs longer.

Versus 5% Block, 10% Attack Speed and Movespeed, 3 Passive Points and 120 STR/DEX/INT worth of stats.

I wouldn't say 100% Curse reduction is not needed, even with 80% reduction you can't really stack up a bunch of curses for Self Flagellation in HC.
How did you level the build before reaching the RF skill gem? also although not final and changes could come, could you at least provide a skill tree?
"
animeweaver wrote:
How did you level the build before reaching the RF skill gem? also although not final and changes could come, could you at least provide a skill tree?

This is my current Skill Tree, I started off using Cleave into Sunder.. Grabbing the Melee nodes leading to Path of the Warriors. With the Rustic sash + Weapon Vendor recipe, the damage is enough to one shot packs..

Like I said, RF AoE is too painful to use until it gets a few levels on the GEM + Inc AoE. Use RF Totem as extra single target damage for bosses and Sunder for clearing early on.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADBBLMLYQxfDc0QzBJpFCAWbxccGFYZLho4Gj4cpxzOHNwdFCSqJy8n7Sj6K1ArtjWSNuk6WDrhPAU8LTxLPfxBh0WdTeNQR1NSU6VVxlZIWBdYY1jlWfNaK15dXz9mnmebaHRo8nF5cg92rHjHfIOCx4Nfg8yD24RTjEaMz48aj0aQVZSgmK2a4Juhn9-iAKI-o_KmV6cIp5SsmK2Nrj6vbK-ntz64k8BmwxPEWMT2xq7G2M9-0f3YJNhN2L3ZYdpi2t3e3ONq5FHr7u8O73zv_fAf8i_yRfZI99f4k_no-tL-Cv5U_o8=
"
Megumin3 wrote:
"
animeweaver wrote:

This is my current Skill Tree, I started off using Cleave into Sunder.. Grabbing the Melee nodes leading to Path of the Warriors. With the Rustic sash + Weapon Vendor recipe, the damage is enough to one shot packs..

Like I said, RF AoE is too painful to use until it gets a few levels on the GEM + Inc AoE. Use RF Totem as extra single target damage for bosses and Sunder for clearing early on.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADBBLMLYQxfDc0QzBJpFCAWbxccGFYZLho4Gj4cpxzOHNwdFCSqJy8n7Sj6K1ArtjWSNuk6WDrhPAU8LTxLPfxBh0WdTeNQR1NSU6VVxlZIWBdYY1jlWfNaK15dXz9mnmebaHRo8nF5cg92rHjHfIOCx4Nfg8yD24RTjEaMz48aj0aQVZSgmK2a4Juhn9-iAKI-o_KmV6cIp5SsmK2Nrj6vbK-ntz64k8BmwxPEWMT2xq7G2M9-0f3YJNhN2L3ZYdpi2t3e3ONq5FHr7u8O73zv_fAf8i_yRfZI99f4k_no-tL-Cv5U_o8=

Are those nodes 4 nodes + path of the warrior and using weapons with the recipe enough to carry you to malachai?
"
animeweaver wrote:

Are those nodes 4 nodes + path of the warrior and using weapons with the recipe enough to carry you to malachai?

Born to fight is a nice chunk of damage and Strong Arm is right next to it..

You can even go for RT, I didn't but might as well use all the free respec points from quests.

You're not missing out on much compared to a standard Sunder build before you transition to RF Totem.
What skill gems and links do you have for your endgame?

Most I can decipher from the OP is RF+links, 3 purity auras, and a mobility gem.

Do you have leveling progression trees and when do you recommend switching from sunder to RF totems?
"
Feel free to play the way you want, this is just a "Guide". Would you mind sharing some insight on why Chieftain is better?

Geez, don't get so defensive, it's just a question/discussion, and no I wouldn't mind.

Hinekora is useless, agreed, no one takes it. Tawhoa is also not really taken.

"
Tukohama makes your totem Immune to RF degen, which is nice but not needed when your totems almost instantly kill packs and you can chain spam your totems on Bosses with no mana cost. Your totems can't taunt and the reflect damage is irrelevant.

The immune is far from "not needed". Not only do bosses have a lot of hp in 3.0 and leaving a totem and running is great defensively speaking, fire immunity is also amazing for a lot of boss fights (not least of which is Atziri).

You are also forgetting that your totems become a lot more tankier to phys damage, which translates INCREDIBLY well to Decoy totem which you need for fights like uber atziri.

"
Arohongui is the best out of the lot with the damage reduction.

It's not just the best, it's absolutely amazing. It's "MORE" damage taken and "LESS" damage dealt. That node alone is better than anything else that either Chieftain or Ascendant offers. 16% more damage is worth 100% increased damage easily (considering RF tree)

"
Ngamahu does nothing for this build.

I am not 100% on this, but doesn't it have Increased damage since people under RF are burning? So it is 35% inc dmg.

In fact, I am relatively sure RF counts as burning. That's why there is great synergy between Life RF and Flame Surge.

"
Ramako generates Endurance charge and some extra Regen, can always run Enduring Cry instead.

The generation is better (smoother) than enduring cry and leaves out a free gem slot. And the regen is basically 1.5% at the least, and 3% usually.

"
Basically going Chieftain instead of Scion, you gained 6% fire damage, 8% dmg reduction, free endurance charges and your totem live 3-4 secs longer.

Versus 5% Block, 10% Attack Speed and Movespeed, 3 Passive Points and 120 STR/DEX/INT worth of stats.

I wouldn't say 100% Curse reduction is not needed, even with 80% reduction you can't really stack up a bunch of curses for Self Flagellation in HC.

Where do you get movement speed?

You forget Increased fire damage and regen from the 4 nodes in Chieftain which are all VERY good for this build.

Just from that alone you get:

20% Increased Fire Damage
20% Increased Totem Placement Speed
1% Life Regeneration /sec

The Main Chieftain+the small nodes give you nodes give you:

55% increased damage
20% Increased Totem Placement Speed
16% MORE damage
8% less damage taken from almost all sources (when totem is near them, which it usually is)
Totems are tankier and immune to fire dmg
2.5%+ regen and endurance charge generation

Versus

60 Strength
20 Intellect
40 Dexterity
3 Passive Points
30% Increased Damage
2% Life Regen
3% Block

I mean if we just weigh those, Chieftain has more Inc Damage and more life regen. Not to mention MORE dmg done, tankier totems and placements speed, and the only things of value in Scion are Curse Reduction, passive points and 40dex.

Dex can easily be given a weighting of 1.3 passive points, and passive points can be given a weighting of around 9% increased damage. 3% block is ultimately pretty bad. So you are left with Curse Immunity vs all those things in Chieftain.
Last edited by Violander on Jul 31, 2017, 2:36:12 PM
"
Sample_text wrote:
What skill gems and links do you have for your endgame?

Most I can decipher from the OP is RF+links, 3 purity auras, and a mobility gem.

Do you have leveling progression trees and when do you recommend switching from sunder to RF totems?

CWDT+ Immortal Call+ Enfeeble. Self cast Flammability and vaal or normal lightning trap to proc EE.

I expect HC players to have some basic understanding of the game, trying to keep this guide simple, as some people might prefer the Phys reduction from Enduring Cry over IC, or Temp Chains over Enfeeble etc

As far as leveling tree goes, just pick up all the life nodes as you level.. if you're on SC, you can get the damage nodes first to kill bosses faster.. but in a normal league you'd be getting 5 links on Soul Mantle really easy, like a day or two unlike the abandoned HC Turmoil during the second week.

I'd say when you can equip Soul Mantle it is a good time to drop Sunder, sooner if you rushed Ancestral Bond (Which I didn't) for dual totems..

Unless you want to skip through zones with Brightbeak, it really doesn't hurt to use both skills together when leveling.. but I guess people are just used to using only one skill to level in PoE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info