(3.0) 3 AURA RT 220k DPS DUELIST SLAYER SUNDER! **Cheap/Beginner Friendly** VERY DETAILED GUIDE

Do you think this build could work well with a Berserker? Besides losing the culling strike, are there any significant drawbacks to using other classes and is there any big reason why you chose Slayer?
Last edited by weavile222 on Jul 31, 2017, 3:27:51 PM
"
weavile222 wrote:
Do you think this build could work well with a Berserker? Besides losing the culling strike, are there any significant drawbacks to using other classes and is there any big reason why you chose Slayer?

It could totally work as a berserker, do the usual cloaked in savagery/aspect of carnage set up :). I chose Slayer because I really like the leech and cull. That 20% cull makes farming uber quite lovely.
My Youtube channel! Path of Exile bits and pieces!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGfyRQ8fKN8-NxC-s_urqA
"
NixusIV wrote:
This build looks really solid im going to roll a new character and use this today, thank you for sharing

No worries man hope its as enjoyable for you as it was for me!

Instead of Flame Golem or Molten Shell on CWDT, wouldn't a curse be better for that? And maybe to make use of enduring cry for endurance charges for longer IC to help mitigate physical reflect? And in addition to that, maybe link increased duration with IC instead of one of the other supports.
Last edited by MrBiglesworth on Aug 1, 2017, 3:13:26 AM
"
MrBiglesworth wrote:
Instead of Flame Golem or Molten Shell on CWDT, wouldn't a curse be better for that? And maybe to make use of enduring cry for endurance charges for longer IC to help mitigate physical reflect? And in addition to that, maybe link increased duration with IC instead of one of the other supports.

I really dont enjoy self casting enduring cry. The point of the builds defences was "Keep it simple stupid". If you want to cast your flame golem every 5 seconds then sure take it off but it will die alloottt, and because Im not using enduring cry Increased duration is pretty negligible. Increased duration makes blood frenzy last something like 18 seconds? Which means less micro management, it also increases the chill duration for enemies in the arctic armour I think? or maybe how it mitigates when standing still.. Either way it was worth it to me :)

BUUUUTTTTT.... At the end of the day go with whatever you feel is best man :)

This build took me to level 90 easily in the Two Week Turmoil event. I was running Tier 11-12 maps with less than an exalt worth of gear.

I put on my high end gear in standard last night and was blowing through Tier 14-15 maps easily and with little danger aside from the typical heavy hitters.

Solid build. I made some changes here and there passive wise, check my tree, character "Fueled_By_Beer" since I am using Kongor's and I wanted a few more health nodes. Overall though it is pretty close to the same and works great.

I will be running this same build in 3.0 and am excited to get to spend more than a week with it, (re-rolled to this build a week into Turmoil). Thanks for posting it.
"
phopper33 wrote:
This build took me to level 90 easily in the Two Week Turmoil event. I was running Tier 11-12 maps with less than an exalt worth of gear.

I put on my high end gear in standard last night and was blowing through Tier 14-15 maps easily and with little danger aside from the typical heavy hitters.

Solid build. I made some changes here and there passive wise, check my tree, character "Fueled_By_Beer" since I am using Kongor's and I wanted a few more health nodes. Overall though it is pretty close to the same and works great.

I will be running this same build in 3.0 and am excited to get to spend more than a week with it, (re-rolled to this build a week into Turmoil). Thanks for posting it.

Hey man! thanks for the kind post! Glad to hear it worked out for the most part. The best part about this tree and sunder is that you can go for more life nodes if you want and still do insane amounts of damage! Sunder is broken af haha

"
fight4anarchy wrote:
"
phopper33 wrote:

Hey man! thanks for the kind post! Glad to hear it worked out for the most part. The best part about this tree and sunder is that you can go for more life nodes if you want and still do insane amounts of damage! Sunder is broken af haha

Hah! Yeah. I pulled what gear I could from my Brutus Lead Sprinkler Beserker from Legacy League last night, and replaced some of my budget gear from Turmoil and it was a blast running through maps last night.

Overall this build is not quite as safe against bosses as the BLS Beserker was, but if played smart it is still fairly easy to handle the bosses and their mechanics. However, as a general map clearer, this build is hands down much easier and safer. On the Beserker I had to pay a lot more attention when clearing maps and I had to build a cast when damage taken set up to ensure I was leeching when hit from range, or I would be toast. With this build I can watch tv while running Shaped Strand again now, which is always a bonus :)
"
phopper33 wrote:
"
fight4anarchy wrote:
"
phopper33 wrote:

Hah! Yeah. I pulled what gear I could from my Brutus Lead Sprinkler Beserker from Legacy League last night, and replaced some of my budget gear from Turmoil and it was a blast running through maps last night.

Overall this build is not quite as safe against bosses as the BLS Beserker was, but if played smart it is still fairly easy to handle the bosses and their mechanics. However, as a general map clearer, this build is hands down much easier and safer. On the Beserker I had to pay a lot more attention when clearing maps and I had to build a cast when damage taken set up to ensure I was leeching when hit from range, or I would be toast. With this build I can watch tv while running Shaped Strand again now, which is always a bonus :)

I very rarely even do the bosses tbh man! They seem to give me the worst drops haha The range sunder has is quite good i think. i think that gives it lots of safety and then the overkill ignite from HoA helps with map clear.

I'm guessing it won't but will the Herald changes push you towards changing anything?

Otherwise it looks like this is 100% good to go with 3.0?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info