(3.0) 3 AURA RT 220k DPS DUELIST SLAYER SUNDER! **Cheap/Beginner Friendly** VERY DETAILED GUIDE

UPDATE: Sorry guys, I haven't been able to update or do anything like I said I would with this page. Between a baby, 2 other kids, a wife and new job. I just haven't had the time to look at things. And to be honest, I'm pretty burnt out on sunder! So I wont be updating it further, so aslong as there is no major changes to the items/skills in this guide. It should be good! Cheers!

3.0 CHANGES: They fixed a bug with arctic armours mana. Meaning we no longer had enough mana to power Sunder. I've addressed this Issue in the Arctic armour Gems setup! Sorry for that everyone!

If your after a condensed version of this then I have made a short video guide with some time stamps to help navigate around it! Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgeWsBr1W0I

Hey there welcome to my very first guide and build, I've ever made! **Please, if you want to give me some constructive thoughts please do, but don't be a dick about it**

I played this build in the 2 week "Turmoil" race league and managed to hit rank 56 for the "slayer" class on the soft core ladder! I was able to complete all content I've come across so far, with no real struggle. I haven't tried shaper or guardians with this build yet, but I have done all tier 15's and Atziri with confidence. I also used this build in the 3.0 beta and beat all the new content!

First the Pros!

+Great DPS
+SSF friendly
+Decent defense
+Cheap to start
+Beginner friendly
+Can use axes or maces. Up to you!
+Can run most map mods

And now the Cons...

-Cant do reflect maps. It will kill you.
-Can you make you feel "safer" then what you really are
-Volatiles. Enough said.
-Probably not HC friendly
-Cant do no leech map modifiers
-2 required unique's for the BIG DPS

If you enjoy leap slamming into the face of your enemies and proceeding to smash them in the face with a mace. Whilst leeching the very blood from their soon to be withered, dry corpses. Then this build is for you! Its fun, fast paced, and as mentioned in the pros, you'll be able to feel relatively safe whilst doing it!

Feeling safer then what you are...
Spoiler
There's going to be times in this build were you'll be leap slamming from pack to pack out leeching your enemies, barely taking so much as a scratch.
BE CAREFUL. You WILL eventually jump right into a volatile/reflect mob, and boom, you dead son.

The Multistrike Gem, the downside...
Spoiler
Multistrike is a hit and miss for me. Yes I love how you can initiate three attacks for the mana cost of one, and how it up's my tool tip DPS by a substantial amount, but my one gripe with this gem. MOBILITY, once you start the attack you cannot move until it is finished. And in that time you're unable to move, should you take ridiculous crit damage, or wherever the damage may come from. It could kill you. Now this isn't so much an issue with packs and general map trash, they die within the first two hits, it's more so with bosses. Learn when to initiate your unholy barrage of skull bludgery. Learn the boss fights. Get a few hits. Dodge. And when there on their knees begging you stop. Cave their face in!

**PLEASE NOTE TWO CHEAP UNIQUES ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS BUILD IF YOU WANT OVER 220K DPS. BUT THE BUILD IS COMPLETELY FINE WITHOUT THEM**

The gear...
Spoiler

Kongor's Undying Rage

To me, it's a great weapon, saves you a skill point by giving you Resolute Technique, whilst allowing you to still make critical strikes, but instead of doing crit damage. You gain onslaught for four seconds. If you dont know what that is here's a link to the wiki explaining the mechanics. At the end of the day though, if you can get a nice rare weapon, it will be better then any unique... With the exception of Atziri's disfavour I think
Spoiler

The required unique if you want all 3 Auras is...

The Unset Ring "Essence Worm". This allows us to run hatred for "free". I use the term free quite loosely as our other Auras will cost more to run. With all 3 Auras running there really isn't much mana left, enough to get our Sunder going and our life/mana leech going. I strongly recommend carrying a mana flask still, in case of those sticky situations.

The second required unique if you want to hit 220k DPS is...

The granite flask, "Lions Roar". This gives you 35% MORE Melee Physical Damage. Not increased. MORE. This is just a mental flask, also has the added defensive bonuses of giving us 3000 more armour and giving us knock back for the duration of the flask!

If you would like to know more about the difference of % vs More damage multipliers here's a link to the wiki explaining the two!

If you really want to you could use "Abysuss". It will help with the Attributes needed for the build but it comes with some down sides. You'll also lose a slot to get other stats on.

Another Helmet, and my personal favourite, which is a much safer option then the Abysuss is "Devotos Devotion"

We get 10% damage reduced, but we get 16% more attack speed which helps greatly and out weighs the negative of Devotos. Your dexterity issues will more then likely be solved as well, a long with an extra 20% move speed! Oh, and with "Iron Reflexes" the evasion rating gets converted into armour thus making us a little tankier!

As for the rest of the gear just get the best stats you possibly can, in order of importance:
+Life
+Resists
+Dexterity
+Intelligence
+Armour

Some bonus stats to hunt for are:
+Attack speed
+Flat physical damage

For our SUNDER set up in order of somewhat importance we want:

Sunder + Multistrike + Melee Physical Damage + Concentrated Effect + Added Fire Damage + Faster Attacks

The Conc. Effect Gem Adds MASSIVE DPS to this build over 60k to be fair, It's another MORE Multiplier. We simply cant ignore this. Dont worry about the decrease to area of effect. This is countered quite well.
Spoiler

The Warchief Totem setup:

The Warcihef alone adds 40-60k DPS Combine that with our 220k DPS and we have the potential to hit over 270k DPS. On a four link... With a six link I have no doubt you could get a combined DPS of 300k!!

Warchief Totem + Melee Physical Damage + Concentrated Effect + Faster Attacks + Added fire Damage + Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance Support

The warchief totem is great for both offensive and defensive reasons!

The Offensive side of the skill:

As we can see when the totem is active not only will it proceed to punch things in the face, but when we are in range, we get ANOTHER MORE DAMAGE MULTIPLIER! I currently only have mine on a four link WITHOUT conc effect on (rng and chromes hate me) and with full charges and flasks up, I'm hitting 40k DPS on the totem alone! Here's a screen shot
Spoiler

The Defensive side of the Warchief Totem:

They're a great distraction. Instead of the boss caving your head in, he'll attempt to - and most likely succeed - smash your totem. This has saved me a few times. If you really wanted you could invest some points into your totem once you've completed the main build. Some good totems nodes are in the Marauder tree where we spend quite a bit of time so we aren't really going out of our way.

Now for the AURAS!

The three Auras we run are - in order of importance - Herald of ash, Arctic armour, and Hatred.

Herald of ash is what not only improves our damage, but solves our AoE issue.

NOTE: In 3.0 the changes to HoA mean instead of igniting your enemies they are now dealt burning damage. Don't worry it's still completely fine to use, our overkill damage is that high, that either ignite or burn damage will still kill most things.

"... If you kill an enemy with an attack, other enemies near them will be burned for the overkill damage." This starts a chain reaction. clearing quite a large area at once. Notice in the GIF my Sunder hits straight but the mobs at the top of the GIF ignite from the overkill damage which has spread
Spoiler

Arctic armour is a defensive Aura. We want our Arctic Armour setup to look something like this:

Arctic Armour + Endurying Cry + Blood Rage + Herald of Ash.

We have Blood Rage and Arctic Armour on the same set up to save gem space, HoA just because it was were I had a free slot. Arctic Armour will eave a trailer of frost on the ground slowing enemies down, making them easier to hit, and they also hit you slower when they stand in it. Arctic Armour, when stationary provides a 13% less physical damage taken and 12% less fire damage taken buff WHEN STATIONARY this is good because Multistrike locks us down until were finished the attacks. In 3.0 they fixed a bug with arctic armours mana reserves, so we didn't have enough mana to power our sunder. I've ditched increase duration for self cast enduring cry!
Spoiler

And finally... Hatred! This is the Aura we run in our Essence Worm ring! This one is straight forward. Just a big ol' damage buff!
Spoiler

Our golem of choice is the the Flame golem. If you really wanted to you could use either Chaos Golem or the Stone Golem. Up to you really! I chose the Flame Golem purely for the little increase in damage

Leap Slam! Our movement skill! Leap slam is the only real movement skill for 2h weapon that I know of.

The links for this setup are as follows. Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + Blood Magic + Fortify

By adding Fortify to the set-up. This adds more damage mitigation, and more physical damage. By adding this were tankier, and I managed to squeeze out, along with the Devotos Devotion, an extra 10k dps! Bringing the damage to 232k DPS!!!

NOTE: YOU NEED THE BLOOD MAGIC GEM IF USING THE 3 AURA SET-UP. YOU WONT HAVE ENOUGH MANA TO SUSTAIN LEAP SLAM AND YOUR SUNDER ATTACKS OTHERWISE

And finally our Cast When Damage Taken Setup. Pay close attention to what level our gems are at so that CWDT can proc them all when required.

CWDT (lvl 9) + Immortal Call (lvl 11) + Molten Shell (lvl 11) + (Golem of your choice)(lvl 11)

Immortal Call just stops the initial hit of damage coming through. Makes you Immune for a time, proportionate to the amount of Endurance charges we have. We have none. So our set-up we have 0.4 seconds of damage immunity. Not much, but enough to stop a one shot... On occasion.

NOTE:Path of Building Paste bin link in case PoePlanner is down!

The Keystones we use in this build are "Resolute Technique" and "Iron Reflexes", I'll leave a link to the wiki about both those keystones!

Iron reflexes isn't needed I just like how it opens up more options for armour pieces! Making it much easier to get defensive stats!

Your first goal should heading straight to Resolute Technique

The first 31 passives should look like this.

After that let's head into the heart of the marauder for some life.

And then to the scion life wheel, and up the guts of the Templar for some more life and AoE.

Back down to the duelist section to grab the 2H damage wheel, Iron Reflexes, and Vitality Void

After that we head back to the Marauder tree, were you will decide on either axes or maces. Just pick which Weapon wheel is for your weapon of choice. Will also be grabbing the life nodes "Devotion"

Head to the duelist section again and get "Bloody Bludgeon", "Hemataphogy" then get some life from "Bloodless". This will stop Enemies form leeching from us! If you've chosen axes take "Splitting strikes" instead of "Bloody Bludgeon"

Now to finish off we'll take "Spirit Void", A jewel socket, and an extra frenzy charge for more dps

As for Bandits in 3.0 KILL EM ALL AND LET GOD SORT EM OUT!

Pantheon: You can change it at will with no cost, so just go with what you think is best for the situation!

As for Ascendancies we take Slayer Class. first off we grab Endless hunger!, then "Brutal Fervour", next we take "Bane of Legends". This is a MONSTER skill. It grants a 20% CULLING STRIKE and ONSLAUGHT for 20 seconds whenever we kill a rare or unique mob. So its pretty much up all the time! And for the final Ascendancy we take "Headsman" to help deal with that reflect in anyway we can!

**THIS ATOLL IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE EVER RECORDED ON MY PC. BIT SKETCHY WILL FIGURE OUT THE SETTINGS PROPERLY AND PUT SOME T15 AND STRANDS UP SOON**

Please note the main point of this video is to show the ignite and AoE of HoA and how it is important for the builds clear speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jc4w1ZpSwU&feature=youtu.be

So I've added a Strand map like I said I would. You'll be able to see the map mods in the video. You'll also be able to tell I'm no "strand runner" haha. In this video I was trying out a Devotos Devotion and I linked Fortify to the Leap Slam as well, and we manage to hit 232k dps. It feels quite nice So I think it'll stay! Will up date the build in the next day or so when I found some time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57s-64rZl84&feature=youtu.be

GUYS THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LOOKING AT MY BUILD! LIKE I SAID FEEL FREE TO COMMENT, ASK QUESTIONS, AND GIVE SOME CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISMS TO THE BUILD AND GUIDE!

My Youtube channel! Path of Exile bits and pieces!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGfyRQ8fKN8-NxC-s_urqA
Last edited by fight4anarchy on Feb 22, 2018, 12:35:05 AM
Last bumped on Jan 13, 2018, 10:26:53 PM
Booped!
nice written, good luck!
"
sangvinu2 wrote:
nice written, good luck!

Thanks heaps! Man, good to hear it makes some sort of sense, haha!

+Added Devotos Devotion!

This little gem slipped my mind!

Nice guide, I'll add it late to the Build List :)
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
Nice guide, I'll add it late to the Build List :)

Hey! Thanks heaps man! Means a lot!

**GUIDE UPDATE**

New Gem

+added fortify to our leap slam set-up. Explain why in the Gems set-up section of the guide!

Thanks for keeping updated I'm going to try this build next! Cheers
"
Thanks for keeping updated I'm going to try this build next! Cheers

Put to much time into it to NOT keep it up to date, haha. Thanks heaps man!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info