I'm tired of picking up orbs on the ground

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Currency consumption should match production - that's all you need for a healthy economy. And for that, you need currency sinks in your game.

I know, that was my point, to have the same ammount of currency circulating on the market, you need to have a similar input and ouput, and that's an ideal situation that will ( imo ) never happen in poe, not even close.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 22, 2017, 8:33:48 PM
It would be really interesting to try making a closed loop economy work in this sort of game. :D
Then don't. If you don't think it's worth your time to pick it up, simply don't. Making everyone vacuum up ALL currency as they go would just add to the stupid clear speed bullshit, which needs to fuck off already. What's not worth you time makes an opening in the economy for someone else to make sure they pick them up. Then they can trade them to someone else who does not value to time to pick them up, but has a need for that item. The person who picked up that currency then can invest what they earned either into the economy further by buying others items or to make their own items better and so on and so forth. Sorry if you feel entitled to just get shit without making the effort but no, they should not make it auto-loot. There are enough posts complaining about this that have comments that very clearly layout why it shouldn't be implemented into this game.
“ I'm going to build my own Wraeclast with blackjack and hookers. In fact forgot about Wraeclast and the blackjack. Ah screw the whole thing. ” - Exile Bender

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Why not at this point just merge transmutes with augments, and whetstones with armor scraps.

New orb 1 - transmutes a white item, or augments a blue item. Drop rate as transmute.
New Orb 2 - quality to either weapon or armor piece. Drop rate as scraps. Vendors for 3 scrolls now.

We definitely don't need 2 item quality orbs in the current state of the game, it gave more sense 5 years ago with much slower pace in the game and a lot of boss farming.

This way we have 2 less orb, less looting, less clutter.
(skipped 99% of this post^^)
You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.
Last edited by Tian_Yihao on Jul 23, 2017, 5:32:21 AM
Not a bad idea, although artificially inflated choices seems to be what bears poe.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
What if GGG simply created an aura named "aura of greed", that picked up all currency (that wasn't rolled for someone else, obviously) within its radius?
It could be a level 1 white gem, and reserve 5% or less mana.
Then comes the combine harvester...
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Then comes the combine harvester...

What's the issue?
"
What if GGG simply created an aura named "aura of greed", that picked up all currency (that wasn't rolled for someone else, obviously) within its radius?
It could be a level 1 white gem, and reserve 5% or less mana.
It should be significantly more reservation than that. More like 95%. There should be a penalty for becoming a bot.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
that community ... some people are eagerly fighting bots and some wanting ggg to implement bot functionality directly into characters to trivialise the process.

reservation costs don't matter if you can send your ahk driven bot into your map after you speed cleared it to collect currency and it just has to walk around for 5 minutes before logging out.

*shakes head*
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info