Weekly Beta Report Six

"
(noise)

(noise)

(noise)

The 2.6.3 update that introduces the new microtransaction is currently scheduled for Friday.

Yes!

Last edited by Augusten on Jul 19, 2017, 8:36:45 PM
May be enough? This is of no interest to anyone, close the beta and release the update.
"
retruber wrote:
"
Balance changes to unique flasks.

Now I'm curious. Unique flasks have been in a spot where they are all but required for high level content for a very long time. Can we get some more information on this?

Is this an across the board change to unique flasks, or only specific ones? What is being done to them? What are the goals of this change? Since this will affect Pathfinder more than other builds, are there any plans to tweak that ascendancy if this is a major change?

yea i would love to know also im pathfinder we are getting nerfed already i just hope they don't mess with vinktars flask
id really love to know what flasks i see people saying nerf vinktar flask cause they cant afford it and saying nerf pathfinder cause they cant gear it just because you cant afford to make a build don't mean it should be nerfed.
"
eagor wrote:
id really love to know what flasks i see people saying nerf vinktar flask cause they cant afford it and saying nerf pathfinder cause they cant gear it just because you cant afford to make a build don't mean it should be nerfed.

nerf vinktars.

but you were saying, sorry to interrupt you
ok cool you got a 70ex flask i'm saying most people want it banned cause they don't want other to have what they cant i could link all my mirrord gear to but i'm not the flask is very good for a lot of builds they shouldn't touch it
Strand meta

People just play the best thing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6og4nl/map_of_the_day_065_residence/

Strand has the highest rating of all maps. People play strand because it is a good map with regards to several aspects

- Good layout
- Good mob density
- High enough Tier to still be late game viable
- Good Atlas location
- Acceptable boss

So a good approach to shifting the meta would be to improve the other maps
- Analyze what makes strand good and adjust other maps
- Maybe add a time shifting bonus to random maps similar to the recent races ( additional Strongboxes, Breaches, maybe even Perandus ) so that people have a true incentive to play other maps ( in hindsight this might actually be a really exciting way to get players to play bad maps as well )
- Maybe move good maps up to higher tiers so that progressing in the Atlas rewards the player with better maps ( instead of the majority of high tier maps being an unrewarding tedious task )
- Maybe give bad maps an XP bonus so that they can compete
- Maybe give bad maps better loot - if you have to walk a maze almost every other mob should drop something precious so that the player does not want to end his own life before ever playing the map again

So many things that could be done to improve the mapping issue.

Sadly I fear you will rush it with a solution quickly squeezed in. Mapping is annoying as is ( as far as I know to a lot of players - either being boring or being tedious at least but not only for SSF ) - if you harm the good maps without improving the bad ones the net result is : less fun

Thats not good for anyone.

Being meta is not always bad and if you want to shake the meta please do it by improving things that are not meta instead of destroying things that are meta for a reason.
When Chuck Norris plays PoE masters do his missions
Last edited by AdFinitum on Jul 20, 2017, 10:01:28 AM
"
eagor wrote:
ok cool you got a 70ex flask i'm saying most people want it banned cause they don't want other to have what they cant i could link all my mirrord gear to but i'm not the flask is very good for a lot of builds they shouldn't touch it

They're saying nerf it because it's just easy mode and no one class should be better than all of them. Pathfinder is the girlfriend class, the crutch, and she should be brought down to be in line with other ascendancy classes
Not being able to have it has absolutely nothing to do with it.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
retruber wrote:
"
Balance changes to unique flasks.

Now I'm curious. Unique flasks have been in a spot where they are all but required for high level content for a very long time. Can we get some more information on this?

Is this an across the board change to unique flasks, or only specific ones? What is being done to them? What are the goals of this change? Since this will affect Pathfinder more than other builds, are there any plans to tweak that ascendancy if this is a major change?

Those are great questions about the ascendancy tweaks, even if they just nerfed the flasks and left the ascendancy vaguely the same it would be okay I think?

The problem is the flasks are only meant to be used every so often when you can spam em non-stop it's more a flask issue than ascendancy issue in my opinion.

So hopefully they are creative and not just heavy-handed with the nerfs, like upping flask cost lowering flask refill etc not globally just on these flasks, cause like you mentioned high level mapping is a bit of a rip-fest without flask mashing on or off a pathfinder.
GG, GGG! I can finally be the flamethrowing psycho Marauder I've always dreamt to be! Wish they had a hockey mask MTX & a gore scorching ray skill gem MTX mmmm one can hope!
Thank you for your work!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info