[3.0][Sabatour] FrostBolt Miner - Life/EB/MoM

"
t1mmos wrote:
Thanks for the info Donkey.
I will be playing this in the 3.0 League HC SSF. Some of the new bosses hit quite hard levelling up and through the acts.
What do you think is a good levelling skill to work in with the skill tree and what skill/support gems to use while farming for the gear.
Thanks for the life based guide

You can level up very well with fire nova mine, and change to frostbolt mine in act 5 when you get the jewels from the vendor.
"
Elwinkle wrote:
Hey OP,

Could you please have a look at the new interaction between EB and MoM in 3.0? I had asked in /r/pathofexilebuilds and someone commented the following:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/6q9reo/frostbolt_miner_build_critique/dkvp9hb/

EB uses your ES to protect your mana. This means that your ES will be removed before your mana, from using spells are taking damage through MoM.
This is also how it will work in 3.0. It will be better in 3.0, because now MoM also takes in damage over time and not just hits.
With EB protecting your mana, you can reserve all your mana and you dont have to spend any points to improve your mana.
UPDATED
Interesting build... I've never played with mines before. =)

I have two questions:
1. What about Frostbite instead of one of the defensive curses, to increase dmg vs. end game content?

2. Would you still use a Spell Totem to detonate mines even after the new patch notes?
"
Bizze79 wrote:
Interesting build... I've never played with mines before. =)

I have two questions:
1. What about Frostbite instead of one of the defensive curses, to increase dmg vs. end game content?

2. Would you still use a Spell Totem to detonate mines even after the new patch notes?

1. I only missed dmg on guardians. If you wanna do bosses in 3.0, you could change it. For guardians/shaper, I would suggest going a crit version.

2. Dont know. I used both cwdt and spell totem to have smoother game play, try it out your self, and figure out how you wanna detonate mines.
I've used your build as 1/3 of my own build. What do you recommend in terms of boot enchantments? I was thinking the added cold dmg would be best, but I want to hear your opinion as well.
Hi, thanks for posting this guide.

I managed to kill Shaper (and guardians) for the first time ever with this build! Yay!

I deviated a little bit on gear/skill links:

https://pastebin.com/V6yH37Df

Instead of dual defensive curses, I went Frosbite + Ele weakness cuz it felt like I needed the damage. However, the fight was very close and it ended with like 80% of the battlefield covered in vortexes. Still, I think that was more due to my inexperience and not maximizing my dps uptime. Also I went Oak cuz I thought I would need the life regen but in retrospect I probably should've just went for 2 passive points.

Anyway thanks again, the MoM+EB interaction is pretty cool and makes me feel "tanky" for a miner.

Edit: Was also able to do Hall of Grandmasters with this build!
Last edited by Jinno792 on Sep 9, 2017, 9:17:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info