Game of Thrones season 7

You could see it coming a mile away. This show has become a rushed, shark-jumping mess. I can't wait until it's all over.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
I actually found last nights episode pretty darn disappointing
I dont see any any key!
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Apparently it managed to outdo all previous efforts at dismissing the geographic scale of Westeros. Well, if you're going to be rushed, you might as well be rushed on all fronts.

Indeed. It was actually a bit insulting.
Well my perspective is that of a day one book fan. Someone who had had an email personally responded to by grrm (not that that means anything, just context.)

At this point I'm willing to wait as long as it takes for him to finish if the quality is up to par, and he stays alive. I was a huge wheel of time fan who had my heart broken by Robert Jordan's untimely death so these things are not out of the realm of possibility, unfortunately.
I say it again, then keep crying in your corner instead of enjoying one of the most epic pieces of moviemaking the fantasy genre has ever seen.

Spoilers:

I give it last episode had a problem with time, and he should just have speared drogoth, dat raven and dem dragons went a little fast didn't they. It's probably because they didn't have as long time to flesh it out and it was just portrayed as a single showdown, i guess.

This season is one of the better in my opinion. It's shorter, but better. The story moves a lot faster compared to the earlier seasons where you wondered if things were ever going to happen and the story would complete, and it's probably what needs to happen if we are to have closure before those who make the movie move on. No huge project like this lasts forever.

Btw, think it'll be a frost wyrm? :D
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Aug 22, 2017, 3:25:18 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Now if only they could get GRRMartin to rush...(says the guy who's only read half of the first book and couldn't care less, honestly)
Yes they did spoil the episode with the bizarre time scaling. It was jarring. And yes GRRM needs to speed up his writing.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
I wish I could understand why they're so afraid to acknowledge time in dialogue.

Imagine if any of the living team on the rock island in the middle of the lake said something like, "We'll be right behind Thoros. We only brought enough food for a week and it's already been five days" or "How long does it take a lake to freeze? It's already been five days."

I mean, the bigger problem is that the plan didn't make any damn sense to begin with, and then once faced with the reality of their situation, the writers pulled out three different implausible plot devices to extricate them with minimal losses.
It's already obvious how this is going to end. Hero Jon Snow is going to make a last desperate charge at the Night King, and cut him down right as they're all about to lose. And then Jon Snow marries Dragon girl, becomes King of Westros, and the realm lives happily ever after.
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
It's already obvious how this is going to end. Hero Jon Snow is going to make a last desperate charge at the Night King, and cut him down right as they're all about to lose. And then Jon Snow marries Dragon girl, becomes King of Westros, and the realm lives happily ever after.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I imagine this is part of a larger problem: HBO treats their viewers like idiots once they know they've got them hooked. The superior HBO shows were never *really* that big in their own time: Oz, Boardwalk Empire, Six Feet Under, The Wire, even Sopranos to a degree, didn't have the same rabid viewership as True Blood or Game of Thrones (and most preceded the mainstreamifaction [THAT IS A WORD NOW] of torrenting.)

GoT s1 was nowhere near as flashy as GoT s3+ but it was paced beautifully. Everything fit together and moved in the right way. And odd as this may sound, of all 5 seasons I've seen, Blackwater from Season 2 still stands out at the best episode for me, on all fronts.

+1

also: dialogue quality suffered a lot in the past 2 seasons.

P.S.: what do u guys think of the "bran is the night king" theory? : http://nerdist.com/bran-night-king-game-of-thrones-theory/
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Aug 25, 2017, 8:55:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info