Game of Thrones season 7

Read the books!!

Five times 1000 pages should keep you busy through the end of season 8.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Yes it is a huge slog. I've been through it twice now. I will probably re-read four and five before I read six (if he finishes it).

His style is...his style. If you don't like it, 5000 pages is a lot to ask.

Tell me about Prince of Nothing.
US Mountain Time Zone
I opened the flood gates!!!

I am always looking for great series to read. I tend more towards sci fi rather than straight fantasy. GoT feels less like fantasy (in the old D&D sense) and more like an alt reality.

One of my favorite series is Otherland by Tad Williams https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otherland

It's four hefty volumes.

I will certainly check out Prince of Nothing.
US Mountain Time Zone
I love Neal Stephenson and have read all of his books! I now have to stretch my brain and reach back. that may take a bit, but more recently, if you haven't read Ann Leckie's Ancillary Justice and the two followups, you should.

Change Agent: a novel by Daniel Suarez is a fabulous look at the near future of genetic engineering. It's thriller.
US Mountain Time Zone
@Charan: I'm glad you liked Prince of Nothing and The First Law Trilogy. If you haven't read The Heroes, it's a masterpiece. Can't praise it enough. It's set in the First Law world, a bit after the events from the trilogy. But I presume you've mots likely read all the books from the world of the First Law. There are three more apart from the trilogy.

G. Martin's books are IMO way overrated. The constant character perspective switch in every chapter is maddening. The plot plods and lumbers. Reading them was more work than pleasure and I don't think I'm going to even try book 5. Or 6. I don't even remember which is the last book in the series I've read, which says enough.

About GoT: I've long ago dialed my suspension of disbelief to the highest setting to be able to enjoy the series. It's a decent series overall. Still overrated, but better than the books IMO. The entire Aria storyline is one big exercise in willing yourself to ignore plot holes and elements which simply make no sense.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jul 20, 2017, 3:33:36 AM
pretty awesome
I dont see any any key!
Less than 24 hours until episode 2 comes out for Season 7! Any death predictions?!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
About 5 more minutes until Game of Thrones time! I'm super HYPED!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
"
Less than 24 hours until episode 2 comes out for Season 7! Any death predictions?!

I've wanted it to be Daenerys for seven straight seasons now and it never happens. That would actually make the plot change in a significant way and cause all sorts of sub-plots to spiral out of the event.

Instead it'll probably be someone lovable but unimportant like Davos, Tormund, or Brienne. Someone will cry and then 3 episodes later we'll all forget they existed.
Blood, deaths and tits in this one. The story is moving along nicely. It was a great episode.
US Mountain Time Zone
Last edited by ChanBalam on Jul 23, 2017, 11:02:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info