One shot?....

Life 6K. 70% physical reduction I got 1 HIT killed by boss of shaped crypt.(t14) really? So what is advantage of melee character? Ranged are far superior.
Last bumped on Jul 17, 2017, 1:18:39 PM
"
Kastmar wrote:
Life 6K. 70% physical reduction I got 1 HIT killed by boss of shaped crypt.(t14) really? So what is advantage of melee character? Ranged are far superior.

Are you aware that he casts a bad**s "Consumed Curse Nova" which can really oneshot because of its damage?

Not to mention that Bishop also uses dual-cursing, with one of those being Elemental Weakness (his "Curse Nova" deals huge ele.damage).
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"
Kastmar wrote:

Are you aware that he casts a bad**s "Consumed Curse Nova" which can really oneshot because of its damage?

Not to mention that Bishop also uses dual-cursing, with one of those being Elemental Weakness (his "Curse Nova" deals huge ele.damage).
i have no problem wth elemental damage. I have 83% elemental resistances plus 6 more from flask.
"
Kastmar wrote:

"
Kastmar wrote:
i have no problem wth elemental damage. I have 83% elemental resistances plus 6 more from flask.

CurseNova
Lvl 76 (!)
16 additional Projectiles
curse_nova_damage_+%_final_per_curse_removed [25]
Deals 8129 to 12194 Fire Damage
Deals 6651 to Cold Damage
Deals to Lightning Damage

The above numbers are for a T9 version too, so I assume they would increase for the added levels from shaping.

So, ~10k fire and 6.5k cold, then another 25% on top of that for each curse he had on him via curse on hit/blasphemy/self cast etc, then map mods, -ve resist for ele weakness and possible crit as well. Yeah, could easily one shot pretty much anything under the right circumstances.

- 16.5k (assuming both your resists are at 83% max and you don't have any other mitigation for either cold or fire)
- +25% for one curse would be 20.6k
- Crit would turn that into 26.7k (assuming 130% crit multi and no map mods nor crit reduction nodes)
- 26.7k * (1 - (.83 - 40)) = 15.2k damage

Even if you were overcapped sufficiently to negate ele weakness entirely, did the map have crit chance/crit multi on it? 'Cause that'd be more than enough to pop you (~8k with +100% crit multi), even with 83% resist all.
I did him 100times with no problem. He was cursed by enfeble. But i know what killed me. His slam. He has to do critical. At lv. 99 it hurts a lot. Absolutely no worth to play melee due this one hit deaths. I will get to 100 and probably done with melee. Thank you though.
Last edited by Kastmar on Jul 16, 2017, 10:18:34 PM
How and why would you get hit by his slam of all things?
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
Drasius wrote:
Where did that -40 come from?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
Drasius wrote:
Where did that -40 come from?

From context it looks like he was accounting for Elemental Weakness, but the figure looks off. Map EW is 34% while level 20 EW is -39%. So I could be wrong there.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jul 16, 2017, 11:44:28 PM
When someone says "I have 83% resist" I assume that's just it, he has 83% resists, with everything else like map mods already accounted for.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
FCK42 wrote:
How and why would you get hit by his slam of all things?
Because You don't see it. With discharge you don't see nothing what is boss doing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info