[3.0.0] CoMK Doryani's Fist build ! AKA "Thunderpunch" (Build of the week hype !) W/ Video

how did you level til you can equip doryani's?
"
dragon5047 wrote:
how did you level til you can equip doryani's?

I leveled using sunder and got a lot of elemental flat damage from a lot of dirt cheap uniques, it was a breeze, 10/10 would level again.
How is single target so far? Is the Warchief helping?

It would be possible to go Heiro for 3 extra totems or Scion for 1 extra totem if it would help with single target.

I was also thinking about theory crafting an ES/Occultist with Beast Fur Shawl taking advantage of the ES Gain from the Fist
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
How is single target so far? Is the Warchief helping?

It would be possible to go Heiro for 3 extra totems or Scion for 1 extra totem if it would help with single target.

I was also thinking about theory crafting an ES/Occultist with Beast Fur Shawl taking advantage of the ES Gain from the Fist

It somehow got a lot better since you last saw it :) i'm clearing t14 just fine right now, bosses melt just like the one in video. gotta try and push further

Heiro for 3 totems would be an awesome variant of this build, but i'm more comfortable with 40% more damage from berserker. also hieropherant cannot instaleech 100% of damage, survivability would drop 1000%
Last edited by zazoumar on Aug 17, 2017, 6:35:54 AM
Updated thread with a new T14 maze map video
Nice build mate, I'm levelling it right now :)
Hey cool build, it looks really fun.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Cool build my dude.

Do you think dropping the ele overload and trying to scale the damage some more with crit using ridwalds ammy could work at all?
I did some Path of Building and used the same setup to determine which Ascendency is best for this, I'm sharing my results:

Spoiler
SN= Shock Nova
AW= Ancestral Warchief
DT= Doryani's Touch

---

Berserker
SN: 64k
AW: 160k
DT: 256k
AW + DT = 416k

Huge mana/life leech, attack or move speed, 40% damage (10% damage taken)

--

Inquisitor
AW: 155k (168k*)
DT: 248k (268k*)
AW + DT = 403k (436k*)

Free ele pen, lots of damage, 20% attack speed

(The numbers in parentheses are with a spell cast recently with Instruments of Judgement. You could work in an Orb of Storms or something similar to proc it on bosses.)

--

Heirophant
SN: 46k
AW: 273k (91k x 3)
DT: 175k
AW + DT = 448k

Free endurance charges, stacking damage buff when you kill things, 2 extra totems, area damage, mana regen, free aoe for DT

--

Raider
SN: 55k
AW: 135k
DT: 215k
AW + DT = 350k

Lots of damage, move speed, phasing/evasion

(Awkward spot on the tree though, seems like it would be annoying to build)

--

Ascendant
SN: 53k
AW: 125k
DT: 199k
AW + DT = 324k

Berserker is the first Scion choice: 10% more damage, life leech.

Secondary Ascendancy options:

Pathfinder: 10% Movement Speed, Flask QoL, 30% Damage
Champion: Fortify and 30% Damage (Fortify on Shield Charge is nice)

I think that an Occultist version would be interesting as well. Would get the benefit of free ES regen from the fist, extra curse, etc. I don't know how ES is doing this league though.

We could alternatively use Geofri's Sanctuary on any of the previously mentioned classes for ~900 free ES and get the benefit from ES leech from the fist on top of 6k Life.
livejamie
"
Lithick wrote:
Cool build my dude.

Do you think dropping the ele overload and trying to scale the damage some more with crit using ridwalds ammy could work at all?

Going crit with the build would require much, much more investment, it's generally not worth it. i'll give it it a shot one day eventually

"
livejamie wrote:
I did some Path of Building and used the same setup to determine which Ascendency is best for this, I'm sharing my results:

Spoiler
SN= Shock Nova
AW= Ancestral Warchief
DT= Doryani's Touch

---

Berserker
AW: 160k
DT: 256k
AW + DT = 416k

Huge mana/life leech, attack or move speed, 40% damage (10% damage taken)

--

Inquisitor
AW: 155k (168k*)
DT: 248k (268k*)
AW + DT = 403k (436k*)

Free ele pen, lots of damage, 20% attack speed

(The numbers in parentheses are with a spell cast recently with Instruments of Judgement. You could work in an Orb of Storms or something similar to proc it on bosses.)

--

Heirophant
SN: 46k
AW: 273k (91k x 3)
DT: 175k
AW + DT = 448k

Free endurance charges, stacking damage buff when you kill things, 2 extra totems, area damage, mana regen, free aoe for DT

--

Raider
SN: 55k
AW: 135k
DT: 215k
AW + DT = 350k

Lots of damage, move speed, phasing/evasion

(Awkward spot on the tree though, seems like it would be annoying to build)

--

Ascendant
SN: 53k
AW: 125k
DT: 199k
AW + DT = 324k

Berserker is the first Scion choice: 10% more damage, life leech.

Secondary Ascendancy options:

Pathfinder: 10% Movement Speed, Flask QoL, 30% Damage
Champion: Fortify and 30% Damage (Fortify on Shield Charge is nice)

I think that an Occultist version would be interesting as well. Would get the benefit of free ES regen from the fist, extra curse, etc. I don't know how ES is doing this league though.

We could alternatively use Geofri's Sanctuary on any of the previously mentioned classes for ~900 free ES and get the benefit from ES leech from the fist on top of 6k Life.

You've got some interesting math right there !
You have to keep in mind just one thing, this build isn't tanky, it has NO armour, NO evasion, NO full block. the only thing that keeps it alive is the CWDT setup with the fast hitting spells and with berserker's 100% leech, alongside Reckoning and Riposte. doing any thing differently would require building it again from the grounds up, and i don't even think it'll result in the same build.

So, sadly, anything other than a berserker is impossible to keep alive against bosses and tough mobs, unless you just drop ancestral warchief and kite around ... lost all of its interest suddently, right ?

Also, the ES gained with the doryani's fist is really insignificant, first of all, it's an ON KILL effect, meaning it's useless against bosses, secondly, i think you're overestimating "30" lol.

thank you for doing all of this math tho ! also thanks for suggesting putting AW when this build was but a little baby. :)

I'll surely try a lot of other variants one day
Last edited by zazoumar on Aug 18, 2017, 7:40:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info