[3.0.0] CoMK Doryani's Fist build ! AKA "Thunderpunch" (Build of the week hype !) W/ Video

"
Riu52 wrote:
I have played this build for a while and i came to the resolution that it has poor defenses against single target ( bosses ) and a fairly slow single target skill that can kill u because you cant leech fast and the CWDT might not save you since you have only one mob attacking you.
Anyway i really like this build and i would take any help of you guys in order to make it more durable in bosses .

This is my paste bin. https://pastebin.com/ysvVBZhy (wrong pastebin so i reposted)

My next goal in points is taking Tireless by dumping Sanctity and a few str nodes in order to connect it from Catalyse.

Sorry for my bad english :) thanks
Last edited by Riu52 on Sep 17, 2017, 7:41:11 PM
Hey I'm trying to budget this thing as much as possible and was wondering how important the grand spectrum jeweels were to the build's dps and since ur CWDT setup uses this dps for leech is this build still viable if I dont buy all 3 of them for a 100% increased ele dmg.
Also how important is the 5l carcass jack , cud the build run on a rare 5l life chest
Last edited by D_Kai on Sep 18, 2017, 8:48:36 AM
Anyone tryied this build but with cyclone not shield charge?
"
pudwilancy wrote:
Anyone tryied this build but with cyclone not shield charge?

I'm sure it would work fine, but Shield Charge has faster clear speed. Cyclone is higher DPS, but we already have Doryani's Touch for our boss killer skill.
Very cool build. Like it a lot. Currently leveling it and while some of the leveling is quite slow its by far not the worst build to level.

I wanted to run a quick question by you guys, has anyone thought of using The Tempest's Binding as our head slot?

Link to item for reference:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Tempest%27s_Binding

Gives us resist, life and basically creates another chance to 6L for either the shield charge, Totem, CWDT or the counter-attack setup.

Should be able to cap resists quite easily without a rare head. If you can get a max life roll on the binding, with the +max life from the tree we lose around 65 life total (if you have a max life roll on a rare head/depending on your tree and what jewels you use).

So we lose up to say, 70 life. The resist i feel is easy to get elsewhere. What do we gain?

Level 18 Ice bite

Level 18 Innervate

Harbinger that;
Chills up to 5 nearby enemies for 4 seconds. (4 second cooldown)
Shocks up to 5 nearby enemies for 4 seconds. (4 second cooldown)

Now what I'm hoping this does is;

A) Give us an alternative head slot with great stats, although perhaps not as great as a top tier rare defece-wise.
B) Enough of a damage boost on one of our skill sets that it will free up some additional passives for more defensive options. For example, getting to dip into Revenge of the Hunted for an addition 16% max life and some extra phys damage.

Just a thought.
Last edited by TheMako on Sep 19, 2017, 11:12:56 PM
"
D_Kai wrote:
Hey I'm trying to budget this thing as much as possible and was wondering how important the grand spectrum jeweels were to the build's dps and since ur CWDT setup uses this dps for leech is this build still viable if I dont buy all 3 of them for a 100% increased ele dmg.

With the limit of 3, the Grand Spectrums are vastly overrated. You can get jewels with a combination of...
#% increased damage
#% increased lightning damage
#% increased area damage
...with 36% or more total for under 10c each (in HSC).

"
Also how important is the 5l carcass jack , cud the build run on a rare 5l life chest

Well, you can get a 6L tri-res chest with a good life roll for about what a 5L carcass jack costs (and much less than what one with 3B 2R sockets costs). Then you can focus your other slots more on damage.
Last edited by Parja1 on Sep 20, 2017, 5:16:53 PM
why is elemental overload needed?
how about lvling ??? any guidance ???
"
spideySWAG wrote:
why is elemental overload needed?

I wouldn't say it's NEEDED. But who doesn't want 40% MORE damage?

Plus, the build really needs the CWDT setup for leech survivability anyway, so may as well piggyback critting on those hits to proc EO.
I've been playing this build for a few days now and i have survivability problems quite often while maping around tier 11. I'm not sure if it's the nature of this build not being the best or i'm doing something wrong regarding the gear. Here is a link to my character
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Havigus/characters
I hope i can get some pointers on what would improve it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info