Avoiding porcupines and fighting bosses with flicker strike

So I have been working on my flicker strike build, but have run into a few problems:

1. Low armor / evade lets me not take a hit well (even with 5.6k hp)
2. Sustain frenzy against bosses (sometimes I can sometimes I can't, I might swap FS for viper strike for boss)
3. Porcupines insta-kill me.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/ARXgSMwF

If you open with PoB remember to set up calculations like full life, maim enemy, flasks, etc.
Last bumped on Jul 22, 2017, 8:42:24 PM
1. you could link fortify instead of melee dmg on full life to your flicker strike, I suppose that would feel nice, also, you are not always on full life, unlike a slayer with overkill for example
2. easy to explain, after the boss is not on full life anymore, your crit chance is only 50%, a little bit low for consistent charges on the boss, you could use a diamond flask to cover this up on bosses, till the boss is on 33% or low life, then your ascendancy should do the trick again
3. just the nature of flicker, either you have to play careful, specc into more life, unequip abyssus or you just need to learn to live with a death now and then

also, getting over 90% hit chance is a good thing for 2H builds, in your case, I would drop daresso's salute and go for a nice life/crit/res ammy, maybe with flat phys, otherwise maybe carnage heart could also be nice for your purpose?
Last edited by Flurbereinigung on Jul 15, 2017, 7:09:17 PM
thank you I will check out PoB with all of your considerations. If I use fortify over melee on full life, what should I support my 4l on boots with? currently leap slam > fortify > faster attacks / golem
Last edited by Furor_Dei on Jul 15, 2017, 8:05:18 PM
"
1. you could link fortify instead of melee dmg on full life to your flicker strike, I suppose that would feel nice, also, you are not always on full life, unlike a slayer with overkill for example
2. easy to explain, after the boss is not on full life anymore, your crit chance is only 50%, a little bit low for consistent charges on the boss, you could use a diamond flask to cover this up on bosses, till the boss is on 33% or low life, then your ascendancy should do the trick again
3. just the nature of flicker, either you have to play careful, specc into more life, unequip abyssus or you just need to learn to live with a death now and then

also, getting over 90% hit chance is a good thing for 2H builds, in your case, I would drop daresso's salute and go for a nice life/crit/res ammy, maybe with flat phys, otherwise maybe carnage heart could also be nice for your purpose?

Since I have vaal pact I don't leech life, so carnage heart isn't great for me. But if I unspec vaal pact and use it, it might work.
I am playing a Flicker Strike build using the new Terminus Est sword, check my profile, hopefully it will help you. Feel free to send me a PM if you have questions.
I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela
Not getting porcupine'd to death is why people invented CWDT Immortal Call triggers in the first place. As I can't check PoB links at work (or ever since I don't have the program) I can't tell if you have one and it's not working somehow or if you don't have one. If the latter...maybe try one?
"
1453R wrote:
Not getting porcupine'd to death is why people invented CWDT Immortal Call triggers in the first place. As I can't check PoB links at work (or ever since I don't have the program) I can't tell if you have one and it's not working somehow or if you don't have one. If the latter...maybe try one?

Yeah I have CWDT > Immortal Call setup. It gets cast as expected. The death usually comes from multiple porcupine hits I believe since FS attacks so quickly.
"
Furor_Dei wrote:
"
1453R wrote:

Yeah I have CWDT > Immortal Call setup. It gets cast as expected. The death usually comes from multiple porcupine hits I believe since FS attacks so quickly.

That should only be the case if the opposite is true and you're killing the pack too slowly. If you explode an entire PorcuPack in one brief Flickering, CWDT Immortal Call should last long enough that only the first hit actually lands. If you're Flickering through the pack slowly enough that stuff dies in a delayed chain as opposed to all in one big vwoosh, then your iCall would wear off before all the PorcuPack was done kerblamming...but then you should be able to leech through it, as well.

Hn. Odd. Got a poeplanner link I can check out? Can't install/run Path of Building at work.
I never have a problem with porcs on melee characters and I think its because I always have either a strong evasion rating or a strong block rating. So my observation would be that getting one of those things would help a lot, I dunno how realistic that is for your character though.
Character in profile has Lions Roar flask but not much %armour. Getting %armour (tree/flask - not familiar with build - why use ZO flask?) should help vs porcupines. Enduring Cry would help too for reducing the 'no IC' window.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info