Fastest Build to 90

"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
hyper_ch wrote:
1-100 in about 40-50 hours seems unrealistic. Once you hit lvl 90 it just takes so long to get more levels.

Didn't someone do it in about 18 hours in Legacy? Albiet completely preprepared with gear, maps, leaguestones etc.

Yes, there was a user, who did that. But imagine to have all gear min-max almost, all tabs full with chaped strand + double beyound etc etc - this CAN't be done in non-legacy league :)

So - meh, I wil play 2w event, but in HC :) And try to get at least lvl 90, as - I again died at lvl 69 in first map :)
2-handed sunder seemed really fast for me. I think no boss lived more than 4 seconds to me (I did get lucky and get a vaal double strike though, so vaal double strike + ancestral warchief/protector + sunder = melting bosses) Vaal double strike is actually pretty juicy on a 2-hander, to be honest.
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
Last edited by VictusBcb on Jul 14, 2017, 8:06:03 AM
"
JoeShmo wrote:
"
Drasius wrote:
There's a couple of streamers who have recorded themselves going from start to Merciless Dried Lake in ~6 hours or less. I was watching one just yesterday (to get an idea for how to approach races) where it was sub 2 hours to go from Character creation to cruel and sub 6 hours from character creation to lvl 70. Obviously that's not something to be replicated by the inexperienced, but I'd say you could reasonably look at doubling that early leveling time as a ballpark for a two week race and still be able to reach 90 without too much hassle unless you've got super limited playtime.

The real secret to that kind of "speed leveling" is the realization and acceptance ( like drug / alcohol rehab ) that you just can't stop to pick up currency / items / anything. Period.

I figured. but I still don't get it. if they ignore all that, say on a league start, how do they actually kill bosses? just throw themselves at the bosses 23 times until it's dead? I mean, you'll have no good gear and be pretty under-leveled (maybe. depends how much mobs you skip). You'll have minimal currency to even buy anything if needed (like Wanderlust or w/e to speed stuff up).

I know you can kill bosses with crap gear, but it's so slow. (I made a whites-only character for giggles)
rawr. fear me.
Last edited by tidbit on Jul 14, 2017, 2:35:48 PM
Once you learn the boss fights, it's pretty easy to do them without all the bells and whistles that come from being over-equipped. Knowledge of the game is really a lot more powerful than people give it credit.

This thread reminds me of the old rule: The first 90% of the job takes 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the other 90%. What I read that to mean in this context is it doesn't really matter how fast your build gets you to 85... if you don't enjoy playing it, 86-90 is going to be long.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jul 14, 2017, 3:42:14 PM
Speed running in POE is like anything else...it takes tons of practice to get good at moving, killing, kiting, changing gear/gems/tree all at the same time. On top of that you have to know what you are doing at each level...where is the point going, what skill am I using now, what should I be leveling in my secondary weapon slots, when do I go back to town, using logging out effectively...etc etc.

I've ran normal act 1 so many times just to try to get faster and my best is still garbage compared the speed runners.

To answer OPs question I'd vote for Ancestral Warchief - easy to level with, gear for, relatively safe, and with decent gear can be endgame viable. My main in stadard is running this: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1716684
I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race
actually they do pick stuff up, they just do it really quickly

one of the key things is not to waste time in town

flameblast totems is probably the best build for this event, it's very strong even with garbage gear

I really can't see how some of these people do it. Hats off to them. They're finishing up act IV while I'm still working my way slowly through act I.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I really can't see how some of these people do it. Hats off to them. They're finishing up act IV while I'm still working my way slowly through act I.

skip the first few zones, kill only in passing, do hailrake for the quicksliver and check the vendor for MS boots.

There is also the thing where you learn map layouts so you'll truly spend the minimum time in a zone. But overall, that gets really exhausting.

"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
hyper_ch wrote:
1-100 in about 40-50 hours seems unrealistic. Once you hit lvl 90 it just takes so long to get more levels.

Didn't someone do it in about 18 hours in Legacy? Albiet completely preprepared with gear, maps, leaguestones etc.

Even if it´s done in 18 Hours it sounds like hear an Politican in my Country...

Imagine how much Time it costs to buy all that Maps. After that rolling em.
And now go and buy that many Leaguestones.

Best Part of all is to pay that all first!-) With what?
Going to have an Thought how?

Trading DpS with Monsters for Loot will ever best Ratio!-)
Sitting in Town, flipping Items until all Gear is biS,
and get fastly bored from running Maps instead of grinding Upgrades is no Resolution!
If you aren't clearing Shaped Strand in 25 seconds then you need to git gud!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info