Fastest Build to 90

Hey, i'm looking for a good build to get to lvl 90 fast. This will be for the new 2 week event. I don't really want to farm much currency or anything like that. Any suggestions?
Last bumped on Jul 16, 2017, 8:34:33 AM
Something you enjoy is far more important than something that's fast. It's a matter of playtime more than anything. You have to kill stuff, and most builds do that. So pick something you enjoy playing... or perhaps something you've avoided playing simply for the novelty of it.

But it's more a function of you than the game.

If you're just looking for "get it done"... totem builds are pretty efficient.

SRS can work

and as shags said totems are pretty bomb

either pizza totems

or

RF totems
I dont see any any key!
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Something you enjoy is far more important than something that's fast. It's a matter of playtime more than anything. You have to kill stuff, and most builds do that. So pick something you enjoy playing... or perhaps something you've avoided playing simply for the novelty of it.

But it's more a function of you than the game.

If you're just looking for "get it done"... totem builds are pretty efficient.

usually it takes me 2 weeks of a league just to get the uniques and links and stuff i need for builds to be good. i'm really hoping i can find one that gets me to 90 FAST for the potential mtx. if theres a few suggestions then i will chose the one that seems the most appealing to me though.
Last edited by goldnugget on Jul 13, 2017, 8:49:47 PM
Try playing without all that stuff. You don't need it. Sure... it makes your character stronger, but you end up with similar results, especially if your goal is 90. You might take a day or two longer, but if you're playing something that's fun to pay that shouldn't matter.
speaking of leveling fast... I heard some people say they can get to 100 in about 40-50 hours, from scratch.

is that even possible? it takes me like 1-3 hours per act...
rawr. fear me.
There's a couple of streamers who have recorded themselves going from start to Merciless Dried Lake in ~6 hours or less. I was watching one just yesterday (to get an idea for how to approach races) where it was sub 2 hours to go from Character creation to cruel and sub 6 hours from character creation to lvl 70. Obviously that's not something to be replicated by the inexperienced, but I'd say you could reasonably look at doubling that early leveling time as a ballpark for a two week race and still be able to reach 90 without too much hassle unless you've got super limited playtime.
1-100 in about 40-50 hours seems unrealistic. Once you hit lvl 90 it just takes so long to get more levels.

From what I've gathered on the temp leagues it takes about 2 weeks for the first toons to reach lvl 100.
"
Drasius wrote:
There's a couple of streamers who have recorded themselves going from start to Merciless Dried Lake in ~6 hours or less. I was watching one just yesterday (to get an idea for how to approach races) where it was sub 2 hours to go from Character creation to cruel and sub 6 hours from character creation to lvl 70. Obviously that's not something to be replicated by the inexperienced, but I'd say you could reasonably look at doubling that early leveling time as a ballpark for a two week race and still be able to reach 90 without too much hassle unless you've got super limited playtime.

The real secret to that kind of "speed leveling" is the realization and acceptance ( like drug / alcohol rehab ) that you just can't stop to pick up currency / items / anything. Period.

That generally makes up 90% of people's problems ( myself included ), because it's just too tempting to leave something like a chromatic orb on the ground. We all understand that. The other part to that is that people don't stop to think about how things add up. Sure, it only took you 3 sec to turn around and grab it...but now consider doing that every other mob pack. If you did that 100 times per act, that's 5 minutes of time just picking things up. Okay, not that bad? There are 12 acts ..and so you've just spent an entire hour picking up 3 sec currency drops.

And that's just picking up currency, what if you need an item upgrade, need to click to upgrade your gems, need to click to allocate your passive points, etc. And god forbid you really want that passive skill point from a side quest. All those things add up to...and it ends up adding hours and hours to your playtime; you just don't notice it much because it's all in tiny chunks.

And that's what makes doing a run in 5-7 hours seem outrageous to "normal" folks ...who rightfully need to spend time gathering currency , gear, etc. in order to progress.

I remember the first time someone pointed out ( and I saw a video of ) someone going from fresh character to act 2 in 15 minutes. Bout blew my mind considering it usually took me at least an hour to do..and I thought I was going at a really quick pace. It's just a matter of cutting everything that's unimportant to clearing content to 70; things we don't consider as expendable.
"
hyper_ch wrote:
1-100 in about 40-50 hours seems unrealistic. Once you hit lvl 90 it just takes so long to get more levels.

Didn't someone do it in about 18 hours in Legacy? Albiet completely preprepared with gear, maps, leaguestones etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info